Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

14 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Most people on ft were prepared to give Puel a pre season and a chance.

That pre season is now up, and most people are very happy with the significance of the signings. It seems that Claude is genuinely the only manager who has identified weaknesses and gone about rectifying them astutely.

RB, Cam, CB's.

He is also going to revolutionise our style of play, and I can guarantee you that it will look nothing like we played last season.

So let's get behind him as he will be feeling hurt already by the fingers pointed at him last season.

I believe he is building a solid foundation here and won't just walk away to another club. I do think that in time he will have done more for the club than Martin O'Neill, and he never forgot how we treated him.

I've said it before, he is a Wenger clone and in the long term, will be a saviour of our club.

Good to see some positivity, I hope you're right.

I've always been supportive of the guy but I do really hope he sets us up to be a bit more positive than we were at the back end of last season. His record after the initial bounce was pretty poor but it seems like there's been a clear plan in terms of recruitment so I'm really hopeful that we'll see the real Puel now.

I'm pleased that we haven't sacked another manager. His record in France shows he can manage so I'm glad the club have given him a chance to build something.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Thanks 1

I want some of what you are on.Only time will tell re who is right re Puel but he clearly polarises opinions.He is our manager and I will support him and the team but there is a reason why he is favourite or one of the favourites to be the first manager sacked.

I believe he will be lucky to get to the end of October,let's see how much support he has if the first couple games go wrong which is quite conceivable.This forum will be in meltdown.

i am sure I will get the usual responses about being pessimistic, I would suggest my views are realistic based on what we have seen from this manager so far.

No more excuses, he has his team and his back room staff in place, he needs a decent start because it won't take much for the crowd to turn at the King Power after some of those dreadful displays we saw last season.

Lets hope he proves doubters like me completely wrong.

Tonight is different, but if we start the season in a similar way to how we played throughout the first half of 2018, then he won’t get time to build the club long term. Way better balance and far more ambition on the pitch required for me. Fingers crossed!! In the meantime, fully backing him. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I've always been Puel in but the key thing for me to keep that backing up has been the way we've conducted our window. With obvious issues with a right back who offered a limited attacking presence (for all Simpson's defensive strengths), an extreme lack of depth at CB and a long-term issue without a natural number 10 we moved to address that, fully or in part, by adding Ricardo, Evans and Maddison quickly. 

Since then, we've signed an improved back-up goalkeeper, a winger who could turn out to be a great signing and two of the most coveted young centre backs in Europe. CB was the position that concerned 99.9% of us and personally am thrilled with the investment there. Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu are great additions and give us the cover, PL experience and future prospect we've been screaming out for for years.

We've done this with a net spend of about £25mil as well, when you consider the fees earned for Mahrez (£60mil) and Musa (£15mil upfront). Still might lower this with a permanent deal for Ulloa mooted too. Puel has a plan, a system he wants to play and a style he wants to adopt. We've quietly gone about getting the players needed to do this at, on the whole, fairly reasonable fees. This investment shows the club's commitment both to him as a manager and his vision. I'm confident we can have a good season, hopefully starting with a result at Old Trafford tonight.

Bravo, eleqountly put.

And this is the Monaco way. Exciting times ahead

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been tasked clearly with completely restructuring the squad, whilst bringing through young players and he's trying to do that whilst altering our playing style. This is a huge undertaking and not one that will be complete in one or maybe even two seasons. With that in mind I hope people cut the bloke a bit of slack, my remit is just keep us safe and comfortable whilst going about the above.

Hopefully in another season we'll lose a lot of dead wood and be well underway with the training ground and ground redevelopments. Then I think it's time to really look upwards!

Hear hear! Once Morgan, Simpson etc are off the wage bill, the club can really start to push on. This is a transition phase, everyone needs to give Puel the time to make that transitional period a success. It won’t happen overnight :scarf: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been tasked clearly with completely restructuring the squad, whilst bringing through young players and he's trying to do that whilst altering our playing style. This is a huge undertaking and not one that will be complete in one or maybe even two seasons. With that in mind I hope people cut the bloke a bit of slack, my remit is just keep us safe and comfortable whilst going about the above.

Hopefully in another season we'll lose a lot of dead wood and be well underway with the training ground and ground redevelopments. Then I think it's time to really look upwards!

I think this is spot on. Our objective should just be to compete for the next few years.

Once the training ground is in & a lot of our youth have settled we should really be looking at challenging for Europa league IMO. Not sure we've got enough to do it this year or next year...

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You all know don’t you that if we now go and lose 3-0 tonight this thread will live in the memory banks of most FT posters for ever more. It won’t be as legendary as ‘my mates the ref’ but it’ll be up there...

:D

I stand with Puel and my comments as I've said above, it's a long term goal. Not just trying to avoid relegation as a target. I believe we will see improvement tonight.

Let's get behind him ????

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Hear hear! Once Morgan, Simpson etc are off the wage bill, the club can really start to push on. This is a transition phase, everyone needs to give Puel the time to make that transitional period a success. It won’t happen overnight :scarf: 

I'm not sure there will ever be a time when any football club doesn't have players that are contracted and paid but no longer playing ..... It's just the nature of long term contracts / football.

I think the transition is going well already, and agree we need to give him time to "complete" (that will never happen either) the task!