Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Big mistake ditching Simpson as now we're back to square one in solving the RB position! 

Simpson isn't good enough, looked well out of his depth last season. Hopefully his move to stoke goes through as he is really playing for another contract at this point. 

• Like 2

On 13/08/2018 at 13:12, Col city fan said:

Let’s hope not mate. Though starting Amartey at RB with Ricardo further up the pitch, last Friday, didn’t fill me with immense hope.

You realise Ricardo started out as a winger? And Amartey has played RB for a number of games for us? 

Sounds like you just want a moan to me

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Simpson isn't good enough, looked well out of his depth last season. Hopefully his move to stoke goes through as he is really playing for another contract at this point. 

He's a million miles better as a defensive RB than Amartey! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's that good not a single premier league team have tried to sign him. Massively overated on this forum. 

Simpson's a very good defensive RB and playing with Pereira in front of him would have worked well (as the attacking side of Simpson's game is his weakness) ... Amartey is no more a defensive RB than my grandmother!.. 

Incredible that you think otherwise. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's that good not a single premier league team has tried to sign him. Massively overated on this forum. 

Simpson is 'consistent and reliable' the most important trait to any defensive minded player. Amartey doesnt even know what he is and lacks identity and that scares me especially for a defender. I dont want someone playing who we cant figure out.

• Like 1

This argument is interesting and all but the simple fact is Puel wants his full backs to concentrate on attacking rather than defending. That’s why one of our midfielders drops in between the two centre backs to essentially create a back 3 with the ball. Simpson is a good right back for a team that wants their full backs to sit back and defend, Chelsea under Sarri are an example of using full backs focused on defending in his 4-3-3 shape. Puel wants marauding full backs to provide width in 4-2-3-1. Simpson is a square peg in a round hole. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Simpson's a very good defensive RB and playing with Pereira in front of him would have worked well (as the attacking side of Simpson's game is his weakness) ... Amartey is no more a defensive RB than my grandmother!.. 

We've not seen your grandmother,with ball at feet!  And we know you underrated some of our players..So..!

Edited by fuchsntf

14 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Simpson is 'consistent and reliable' the most important trait to any defensive minded player. Amartey doesnt even know what he is and lacks identity and that scares me especially for a defender. I dont want someone playing who we cant figure out.

Simpson literally handed Kane a goal on a plate in the game last season. Teams set up and purposely exploit him as he's our 'weak link'. 15/16 and 16/17 he was 'consistent and reliable'. Not anymore. 

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That's something tony pulis would do. Why limit our attacking options by playing Simpson when we have a right back who can already do both? 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

7 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Simpson literally handed Kane a goal on a plate in the game last season. Teams set up and purposely exploit him as he's our 'weak link'. 15/16 and 16/17 he was 'consistent and reliable'. Not anymore. 

I assume you are talking about that away game we lost when the majority of the team was a pile of shit. Dont single out the poor bloke. bit harsh..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

I assume you are talking about that away game we lost when the majority of the team was a pile of shit. Dont single out the poor bloke. bit harsh..

A bit like people hammering Amartey on this thread then? & that's just one example unfortunately for Simpson last season. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

13 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This argument is interesting and all but the simple fact is Puel wants his full backs to concentrate on attacking rather than defending. That’s why one of our midfielders drops in between the two centre backs to essentially create a back 3 with the ball. Simpson is a good right back for a team that wants their full backs to sit back and defend, Chelsea under Sarri are an example of using full backs focused on defending in his 4-3-3 shape. Puel wants marauding full backs to provide width in 4-2-3-1. Simpson is a square peg in a round hole. 

Agree...At least you put up a decent argument,instead of just jissing the players.

Before last season injury after Xmas,Simpson seemed to of lost his position sense and made quite  a few mistakes.Though he was coming from injury.

Until then he was,consistently one of the better performers,and IMO one of the best Bline covering players in the PL.

Wes Morgan also had a pre-Xmas good season,contrary to expectations.

Simpson,didn't deserve dumping,but quite Rightly Puel wants to move the squad on,so even if Simpson was performing,it's Puels army!!

I wish also,that unqualified,knowledgeable posters would stop making silly statements over the manager position selection of players.(periera)

All managers will take New players and choose to see what their abilities are,criticism in this area,shows  shallow in thought,and lack of imagination.

Plus Pereira has played,winger/wingback before...

Puel obviously wants to move on from Simmo, wouldn't surprise me if he'll stick with Amartey on Saturday, maybe he'll learn from his errors. We are a team in transition but at the moment we can't sort defence out as our new signings cannot play or are not ready to play in the 1st team. As fans we need to be patient with Amartey and not get on his back. With a back 4 I think Pereira will play further forward. When everyone is up to speed then he could play 3 at the back, Pereira and Chilwell wing backs. We have to stick with what we've got.

46 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I wonder if Hamza would feature in this role or we'll give it to Ndidi. I believe Hamza started as a centre back. And in the u23s he regularly drops back to cover. It's phenominal that we've sold Kante and still have two very exciting defensive midfielders.

23 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but be fair,this is football,you can't take isolated mistakes on individual players,especially defenders who will all slip

up on  a regular basis,it's the ones who make the least errors,and have consistent form,that put them ahead of the game....

And because players after injury ,have a tendency to lose that top-pre-injury-form,why bother to bracket them has no longer good enough.

that said Puel has recognised/ considers he has enough cover there,and shown he wants his own ideas to be put into practice,so he is the hatchet 

Man,and although it stings,another Legend must take his bow....

We also (now the window is closed) should  not be too quick on this forum,to bury Amartey. And recognise that we have only had one game.

We may well see a few more tweeks,or platforms built to entice competition....

Too many posters getting het-up far too early....We've seen no PL team have an allround preseason...

8 minutes ago, Jacafox said:

Puel obviously wants to move on from Simmo, wouldn't surprise me if he'll stick with Amartey on Saturday, maybe he'll learn from his errors. We are a team in transition but at the moment we can't sort defence out as our new signings cannot play or are not ready to play in the 1st team. As fans we need to be patient with Amartey and not get on his back. With a back 4 I think Pereira will play further forward. When everyone is up to speed then he could play 3 at the back, Pereira and Chilwell wing backs. We have to stick with what we've got.

"We don't stick" !!!

.....we strive forward,and go out foraging and hunting....we are the foxes,whether bins of rubbish,chicken-coups or hard protective pickets,

we take up the chase....with no fear.  Beware fox in the box,dishing out Nacho-dips...

we have our true and square Garden,where Maddison will take to roaming and ripping up the fences .

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

"We don't stick" !!!

.....we strive forward,and go out foraging and hunting....we are the foxes,whether bins of rubbish,chicken-coups or hard protective pickets,

we take up the chase....with no fear.  Beware fox in the box,dishing out Nacho-dips...

we have our true and square Garden,where Maddison will take to roaming and ripping up the fences .

I couldn't agree more, I am thinking for the  next couple of matches. We see on Saturday...

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Get the sense Puel would rather play Amartey and get beat than play Simpson and win just out of spite to Simpson. If Pereira was playing as a RB I'd understand it but there is no way Amartey is a better defensive minded RB than Simpson.

If puel was leaving out Vardy or Ndidi then I'd agree. But he's not. Not particularly bothered that Fuchs, Simpson & Okazaki are not starting games anymore.