Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

If puel was leaving out Vardy or Ndidi then I'd agree. But he's not. Not particularly bothered that Fuchs, Simpson & Okazaki are not starting games anymore. 

Just think its strange that Puel would leave out a better player in that role. If he wants to attack more fair enough play Pereira. Fact is Amartey was really poor on Friday and if Puel wants to play politics with players he doesn't like we will be worse off for it.

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Albrighton is clearly not match fit (judging on the Lille game)

Diabate isn't ready.

Ghezzal has only been at the club for a week.

It isn't hard to understand why he played Pereira at RW as we don't have anyone who was able to play in that position on Friday & to add some protection. Amartey played Right back because puel clearly prefers him. It ain't that deep lol

I'm not arsed if he wants to play Pereira wide I have a problem with playing Amartey behind him when we have a better player in Simpson for that position. Amartey gave away a penalty, got booked and got hooked on Friday. He didn't play well. Puel isn't playing Simpson because of non footballing reasons.

• Like 2

Amartey got subbed because Puel is trying to bring out Ghezzal's former form.

He's not going to do that by letting Ghezzal rot on the bench.

Moving Richardo back and taking off Amartey is the most sensible thing to do.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, weller54 said:

Mared only by? 

Mates only buy.... Pints? 

Pork scratchings? 

Nothing (if they're tight)? 

lol lol feck off like you've never had a typo auto correct fvck up lol lol 

MARED. lol 

Oh and the only MATES you have are condoms lol lol 

Edited by sylofox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Simpson literally handed Kane a goal on a plate in the game last season. Teams set up and purposely exploit him as he's our 'weak link'. 15/16 and 16/17 he was 'consistent and reliable'. Not anymore. 

The whole defence was an abomination that day, as was most of the team.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Albrighton is clearly not match fit (judging on the Lille game)

Diabate isn't ready.

Ghezzal has only been at the club for a week.

It isn't hard to understand why he played Pereira at RW as we don't have anyone who was able to play in that position on Friday & to add some protection. Amartey played Right back because puel clearly prefers him. It ain't that deep lol

Shhhhhhh, facts and reason do not fit some people's agendas.  X

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm not arsed if he wants to play Pereira wide I have a problem with playing Amartey behind him when we have a better player in Simpson for that position. Amartey gave away a penalty, got booked and got hooked on Friday. He didn't play well. Puel isn't playing Simpson because of non footballing reasons.

In what way?

Edited by RumbleFox

48 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

And depending what those non footballing reasons are, and none of us know, that's probably a very good reason not to pick him.

53 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Just think its strange that Puel would leave out a better player in that role. If he wants to attack more fair enough play Pereira. Fact is Amartey was really poor on Friday and if Puel wants to play politics with players he doesn't like we will be worse off for it.

46 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Too early to go on the assumption trail, let's get a few games behind us,and how team selections become more of a routine.

we have now a new face to the squad,I am sure other players might also be given a chan ce while Puel makes small alterations

here and there. Giving away a silly penalty will not have an effect on Puels ideas on using/selecting Amartey.

foreign managers will use early season to put forward and select various permatations,how deep Puel will go and what flexability,we

can expect to see,will take a few more games.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Who's better at possession football, Simpson or Amartey? Who struggled to play Puel's football last season, Simpson or Amartey? Who publicly said he's struggling but trying to cope with Puel's new style of play, Simpson or Amartey?

From other posts, you clearly don't like Puel because he's got a man bag, because he's not "one of the lads", but dramatising a clash of personalities which is more a clash of footballing styles to make Puel look like he's vindictively destroying the career of one of title winners seems like desperation.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Who's better at possession football, Simpson or Amartey? Who struggled to play Puel's football last season, Simpson or Amartey? Who publicly said he's struggling but trying to cope with Puel's new style of play, Simpson or Amartey?

From other posts, you clearly don't like Puel because he's got a man bag, because he's not "one of the lads", but dramatising a clash of personalities which is more a clash of footballing styles to make Puel look like he's vindictively destroying the career of one of title winners seems like desperation.

Whatever. Personally I prefer my right back to not give Man Utd a goal head start 3 minutes in than than how well he can touch the ball out of play like Amartey did Friday night.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The non-football reason being that he wants his full backs to be able to play football, and not get a nose bleed if they go beyond the edge of their own box? Simpson doesn't fit into this system, everything since January has made that painfully obvious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The non-football reason being that he wants his full backs to be able to play football, and not get a nose bleed if they go beyond the edge of their own box? Simpson doesn't fit into this system, everything since January has made that painfully obvious.

Is that not a football-related reason? The allusion being made is, I think, to do with excess drinking.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is that not a football-related reason? The allusion being made is, I think, to do with excess drinking.

Either way, he's not the future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is. I'm inferring that Sharpe's thinks Puel is playing politics and is of the opinion Simpson should be starting. Excess drinking or no, Simpson doesn't have a place in this set up, he's been woefully exposed as we develop from a defence that just defends and doesn't participate in any attacks

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Whatever. Personally I prefer my right back to not give Man Utd a goal head start 3 minutes in than than how well he can touch the ball out of play like Amartey did Friday night.

You do realise Simpson gave away a penalty at Old Trafford the last time we played there with a handball don't you?

He's also stuck his hand out and been penalised or got very very lucky more than most in our team. Southampton, got away with it. Bournmouth, got away with it. Old trafford, penalty, at Stoke, penalty. And they are just the ones off the top of my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise Simpson gave away a penalty at Old Trafford the last time we played there with a handball don't you?

He's also stuck his hand out and been penalised or got very very lucky more than most in our team. Southampton, got away with it. Bournmouth, got away with it. Old trafford, penalty, at Stoke, penalty. And they are just the ones off the top of my head.

Those were all Puel's fault.

*too

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

you almost sounded like one of those FB algerians. and then saved yourself with the last sentence lol.