Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for debating in such a way that I can much better appreciate differing points of view. It really helps not having people imply that senior players have dirt on the manager, which is such a very unhealthy thing to allege. 

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect that those of us that are not anti - Puel aren't therefore 'Puel in', as much as 'Puel is our manager, therefore I retain an open mind'. That isn't being fickle or weak, it's just not a mind made up with arms defensively crossed. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

In all my years of supporting Leicester we have been exactly that - a yo-yo club and a small fish in the big Premier League pond.  Even in Martin O'Neill's time, with three top ten finishes and 2 league cups I never felt that we had grown as a club.

For the first time, it feels different and not just because of the title win.  It feels as if we are actually growing as a club with money to spend, behind the scenes investment, players in the England squad and most of all ambitious owners.  I'm not saying that we can ever be a top six club, but we could be a top ten club.  All of my life we have been a top twenty club IMO.

To add my thoughts on Puel, he came into the season under pressure.  I don't think that it can be easy nor any good for the club to have your manager on thin ice from week to week.  I think that he has improved from last year and earned the right to consider himself established now and it's time we stopped talking about getting rid of him after every bad result.

:appl: Im seeing more of these kinds of posts recently. May it continue!

I still think  Claude the Builder is the man for this moment.  And that we need this (whole) season to see if he’s also the man for the future.

We aren’t creating quality chances commensurate with our degree of possession.  (Yet we are scoring enough goals. :dunno: )  We aren’t seeing the full benefit of keeping the ball off the opponent, because we lose it in dangerous spots, and are countered so easily.  Experience should improve these issues.

I am not convinced by the “double pivot” of Mendy and Ndidi.  I’d be more willing to give up forward movement and offensive threat, if they were consistently plugging the leaks behind the fullbacks.  And if our wingers started showing better movement and end product.

I’m less concerned than most about changes to the XI, as it’s taken weeks for the whole squad to reach availability/fitness (with one still out).  The only thing I’m unhappy about is not even trying three at the back.

Looking forward to our next three, which should add up to a good check point.  If we are still solidly top half at the quarter-pole, we’re in a great spot to be nipping at rich and powerful heels in six months.  NTM our long-term strategy and prospects are everything I would hope for.