Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

55 minutes ago, Ian S said:

So anyone who does not fancy Puel can't actually support him and the team, well there are a lot of us and  I am sure we are all going to be behind them, does not mean we cannot express our concerns which based on his track record so far are well founded.

It was just a bit of piss-taking mate. Chill

Guest Cujek
5 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

First 5 minutes you mean. This is FT

Quite.

But I did say last season, i would give him a pre-season and the start to see how he got on, i will maintain that opinion.

But he and a lot of players have a lot to prove.

He's had good spells at Leicester and crap ones too, so like most Leicester fans I feel at the moment it's wait and see,  but then even if he's has a good start, isn't a guarantee he won't have a bad periods too, he's one of the few managers we had at club that I just can't figure out??? 

• Like 1

Always been on this side of the fence.

It's been a positive window so hopefully he gets the best out of this team.

One thing I will say that dispels some of the 'how can that bloke inspire people' thing is that so far he's signed three players that have joined us BECAUSE he has managed them before or they know someone who has been managed by him. 

Speaks volumes to me that, and to those who don't get on with him... well he's showing them the door.

We've needed someone ruthless for a while now. I'd be happy with a stable 8th this season with ambitions to crack top 6 next season as new players begin to bed in and our new style fully develops.

• Like 2

Never completely sure about puel, didn't seem to be the right fit for us. The football we played Feb onwards was awful. However, we have now sorted a defence not reliant upon Morgan and Simpson (5-4 spurs) to Ricardo and soyuncu. What a brilliant upgrade and if we can get chances to vardy and nacho then a much more positive top 10 is achievable. Wouldn't say we are better in the first 11 without mahrez, but we are a deeper squad with the ability to push further the next 1-3 years. We are now what the owners promised a few years ago and a credit to our city. If puel does not work out, a new manager has a brilliant Base. Whatever happens, we are made for the future. 

• Like 3

Going to give CP a fair crack of the whip this year - giving it the whole season to show his way is now the right way for LCFC. After the ins and outs of the last couple of seasons, I think we need some stability come what may and build a new side after the Immortals.

Vive Leicester!, vive le directeur!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Puel out , took off our best player and MOTM  left Silva on, fcuked up the subs yet again.

If he plays Morgan again he needs to go.

We played well ffs. Yeah we could have done things differently but we created chances and looked the better side on balance. Our season isn't defined by games away against the top 6.

• Like 2

When we have a fully fit squad to pick from, if Puel decides again to start a game away from home with both Morgan and Amartey in the line up, I’ll not forgive him.

Morgan is a City legend but is now a spent force at this level. Amartey is a championship player, at best.

We must sort our defence out.

6 hours ago, Pascal said:

In the  2002/2003 season, it looked like Claude Puel might be fired by Lille, before the end of his first year at the helm. The team had suffered 7 losses in a row, and discontent among the supporters was getting more and more vocal. The club's President however decided to keep confidence in his coach, and it ended up paying off. Despite that difficult first season, Puel always managed to keep Lille in Ligue 1's top ten, and qualified twice for the Champions League during his 6 seasons at the club.

In fact, as early as the following year, the club finished second, behind Lyon which was at the beginning of its period of crushing dominance over French football. They were just as unplayable as PSG is these days. To give you an idea, when Lille managed to beat Olympique Lyonnais on their turf in December of 2005, Lyon had not lost a single match since April. Puel's team therefore ended, by winning by 3 goals over 1, a series of 26 matches unbeaten in Ligue 1 for the sitting Champion.

I believe Claude Puel can do with Leicester what he did with Lille. Will he win the Premier League? The odds are against him. But I'm convinced he can build a team able to challenge for the European spots. To me, if he's given the time to work, he'll make Leicester City a genuine contender for the Top 6 places.

Puel in. He's still missed in Lille.

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania pascal plancque

Pascal is that you????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Puel out , took off our best player and MOTM  left Silva on, fcuked up the subs yet again.

If he plays Morgan again he needs to go.

Who'd you have preferred at CB? Benny? Darnell Johnson? Benkovic has been here one day, Soyuncu isn't even approved yet and Evans has spent most of pre season injured. He's obviously not signed three CBs to start Morgan once everyone's fit and available - didn't play him by choice

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3