Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

Puel was very unlucky tonight and some of the play on the left side of midfield was outstanding. He seems to get the best out of Gray and Chilwell, and Ricardo looks a good signing. Maddison is going to be fantastic if he remains fit and a couple of chances go in. 

I just hope that Claude gets a good result next week in a match we are expected to win which is a different type of challenge and pressure.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I really really hope that it works out for him here. I saw a clear vision of where he wants to take this tonight and he seems very determined to bring the average age of the team down. If it gclicks I think we'll be much better off in the long run. It is a big if though. 

I'd really hate for him to be dispensed early and some tosser like Sam or Pardew to come in and play two banks of four again. The young lads will flourish under Puel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Tonight we played well. Loved it and looked top 6.

Are you sure?  In the final 3rd we looked clueless until vardy came on. Numerous times gray and nacho were static as Chilwell came forward. Added to that his atrocious crossing which more or less cleared the box most times. And if the manager is taking off the only player capable of threading a ball for vardy it’s more like bottom 6. United were just biding their time once they went 1 up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I'd really hate for him to be dispensed early and some tosser like Sam or Pardew to come in and play two banks of four again. The young lads will flourish under Puel.

Oh I agree. I think it's really gratifying that we've become a club that are willing to give youth a chance and if we were to end up with one of those two. then we can kiss that goodbye. I know that football is a results business, but developing an identity that we can all get behind matters a lot to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We must work on how we utilize overlapping full backs and then crosses in to the box. We don't have a Slimani type player looking to attack the ball, we'll have Maddison ghosting in for cut backs like the one he nearly scored or Vardy and Iheanacho making space but we have to improve. For all the ball we get now, teams allowing us to have it out wide is exactly what we did the year we won it because we knew our defence could cope with crosses. The way to make it complicated is if we could get Ndidi, Iborra, Maguire or this Turkish fella arriving late to upset things. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We must work on how we utilize overlapping full backs and then crosses in to the box. We don't have a Slimani type player looking to attack the ball, we'll have Maddison ghosting in for cut backs like the one he nearly scored or Vardy and Iheanacho making space but we have to improve. For all the ball we get now, teams allowing us to have it out wide is exactly what we did the year we won it because we knew our defence could cope with crosses. The way to make it complicated is if we could get Ndidi, Iborra, Maguire or this Turkish fella arriving late to upset things. 

The thing is we do.  

We have a very Slimani-like player but refuse to use him.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

So...the question is on the club and not on Puel. Puel bought two CBs. 

Three CBs but correct. Puels had a very canny window, seen pretty much every weakness and bought someone in to plug it. Let him get his signings bedded in, see what we're like come late September, but that to me was promising signs earlier

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Three CBs but correct. Puels had a very canny window, seen pretty much every weakness and bought someone in to plug it. Let him get his signings bedded in, see what we're like come late September, but that to me was promising signs earlier

The Turk, the Croatian - and who else?

Edit: Evans. Dammit.

Edited by UPinCarolina

Guest Markyblue
6 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Are you sure?  In the final 3rd we looked clueless until vardy came on. Numerous times gray and nacho were static as Chilwell came forward. Added to that his atrocious crossing which more or less cleared the box most times. And if the manager is taking off the only player capable of threading a ball for vardy it’s more like bottom 6. United were just biding their time once they went 1 up. 

Are you really a Leicester fan.

Guest Cujek
11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Tell you what, let's give it longer.

Just for once.

5 games is enough To judge.

Going on yesterday it seems positive 

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Now you are being silly.

No I’m not. This place will go into meltdown and the media will be all over Puel not being the right man for the job etc.

I’m telling you, we must win a lot of our home games, and especially against the newly promoted sides.

Before any of the nincompoops on here start, im not saying we’ll lose to Wolves. I think we’ll win. But IF we lose, there’ll be backlash, of that I’m sure.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

this is puel's time to shine.... or not.   After the poor performance especially palace and west ham at home 85% of us were thru with him.  Yet the owners have allowed him to continue - and we have bought in some good signings by the looks of it.  (if ricardo, ghezzal and madison continue like liast night i willbe happy).

Now the expectation is that we should be "7th" (though this might be 6th this year as things melt down at arsenal).  So losing to man utd isn't exactly unexpected and we could have got more out of it even.  Yet we do need to be winning at home and against all "bottom 13" clubs... so puel needs to fix on his best selection and fast... or there will be trouble...  C'mon you guys are sooo fickle - a 3-1 win against 10 man arse got you back behind puel... but for how long?  This is Citeh!

• Like 1

I thought the pressing and some of the passing was good. 

However, the creative decision making was mostly poor. Overlap runs down the wings were often not made when there was space in behind and players in space in good positions were often ignored. 

I like Wes and respect Him for his contribution to what we have achieved but his limitations were glaringly  exposed (League and FA cup only now surely) and Amartey just isn’t good enough. I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about with Ricardo but it’s early days for him.

Maddison, looked good as did Chilwell going forward. I thought  Iheanocho looked better and sharper than last season and was a little unlucky. 

Encouraging signs but Utd weren’t that good and were there for the taking. 

Mixed feelings on yesterday’s game. 

Saturday v Wolves will be tougher in my opinion and shouldn’t be used as a yardstick for our season.

10 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Nope... and you’ll say Puel out  after wolves game

The very worst thing about this is that you definitely want us to lose next week just so you can be right about that.

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

There will be backlash every time we loose these days col. Regardless of the opposition. You only have to look at the match thread for last night's game at one of the most difficult stadiums to to get a result in the whole world. we live in an instant gratification world where people have no paitence or balance to their opinions and the title win has just made the expectation and sense of entitlement even worse.

Spot on. Basket case fanbase.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

There will be backlash every time we loose these days col. Regardless of the opposition. You only have to look at the match thread for last night's game at one of the most difficult stadiums to to get a result in the whole world. we live in an instant gratification world where people have no paitence or balance to their opinions and the title win has just made the expectation and sense of entitlement even worse.

you right about he popular desire for instant gratification.  I myself just expect to see progress - the manager setting up the team right and knowing he best 11 for the game in hand.  and players improving their skills and decision making - and eradicating their flaws.  However, if we are to progress we have to win the games we ought (- not man utd away...) and if we don't win those  games and it fans believe that puels decisions making is poor then he will be critisied... and we are entitled to do so

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

you right about he popular desire for instant gratification.  I myself just expect to see progress - the manager setting up the team right and knowing he best 11 for the game in hand.  and players improving their skills and decision making - and eradicating their flaws.  However, if we are to progress we have to win the games we ought (- not man utd away...) and if we don't win those  games and it fans believe that puels decisions making is poor then he will be critisied... and we are entitled to do so

Yes I agree with the side we have we should be aiming for top half finish minimum this season and if that is not being achieved over a period of say 12 games then rightly questions will be asked. but any football match can be lost in isolation and it not be anyone's fault in my opinion.

Next week at home to wolves is a good example. We should be winning it if we want to achieve our goals. But wolves are on the crest of a wave after last season and they have a fantastic manager and squad have made some amazing additions including a world class keeper. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we play well create several good chances and Patricio puts on a clinic, they score from a corner and we loose 1-0. That's football sometimes I could take it on the chin and look forward to the next game but plenty on here would be baying for the blood of the players and manager.

28 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The very worst thing about this is that you definitely want us to lose next week just so you can be right about that.

Spot on. Basket case fanbase.

I never want my side to lose and especially  against a club run by an agent... however I just don’t live in cloud cuckoo land, I’ve seen it before. Everyone will say how well we played tonight against a ‘big club’ but lose at home next week and it’ll be 2 defeats from 2 and people on here who have praised us this week will be full of it next week 

Edited by lcfceaves