Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

50 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

Yep, compare yesterday to Huddersfield away under Shakespeare. Puel ain’t perfect but he has a plan 

Exactly. Setting up not to lose was the thing I hated about Shakespeare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, somebum said:

Yes, because it was his first ever game managing us wasn't it

It was his first game with his newer players playing the game he wants. I never judge managers without a transfer window behind them.

• Like 1

We were ok ( some good movement and passing.)Man u were poorly prepared and wil be in mid table if they don't sort themselves out.

Chillwell looks the same as last season.pleasing on the eye with the ball no end product. Loses it high up the field. Open spaces to be exploited behind him.Maddison could be a good signing quick feet and great awareness.Could be as good as Peter Beardsley Well done Puel for that signing so its looking likr Puel in for me .Give him 10 games.

I have admit we did better than I thought yesterday. We keep the ball better,  mainly in the first half. I do agree puel does seem to have more idea than Shakespeare but that's not really difficult stevie wonder would have more idea than Shakespeare. We are imo better suited to playing away from home. I still think we are quite light weight in midfield and attack but hopefully puel will be given time you can see what he's gameplan is. 

I'm absolutely desperate for the bloke to do well for us. If he went at the back end of last season I can't say I'd have given 2 shits tbh. Looking at our transfer business over the summer, Puel's history of building young teams and seeing the way we went about things on Friday I really like what the bloke's trying to do and I think he's well worth sticking with for the foreseeable. It generally seems like most fans here are on the same wavelength so hopefully that translates into a positive atmosphere next week.

Puel In. Lets all get behind him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Henry or Puel?  Remember what happened to that cvnt driving our princess?  

For me Puel should be given a full go at this. Got his players in. Unlucky against Utd. Promising signs. No need for us to jump into the unknown again - eventually it’ll end in a car crash. 

Only doubted him once and that was that palace game, but I still wanted him to stay because he asked the fans for time.

Well he is delivering on him promises and we have had an excellent window.

We really need to get behind him and the team vocally at the games now, we are Leicester and we are in this together!

• Like 1

On 11/08/2018 at 07:16, Col city fan said:

No I’m not. This place will go into meltdown and the media will be all over Puel not being the right man for the job etc.

I’m telling you, we must win a lot of our home games, and especially against the newly promoted sides.

Before any of the nincompoops on here start, im not saying we’ll lose to Wolves. I think we’ll win. But IF we lose, there’ll be backlash, of that I’m sure.

And there lies the problem Col, people who think they know everything spouting venom on a forum is not a true gauge of what should truly happen.

Claude is addressing the problem areas and evolving the style of play.

Talk of backlash and calling for his head after only the 2nd game of the season when some of these new additions are not, integrated, fit or eligible would be moronic imo. Not saying you are moronic btw, just that people who would do that are because change and integration does take time!

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We should keep him until the end of the season, as long as we're safe, then assess the Rafa situation with his contract running out at the end of the season. 

If we're safe at the end of the season, what position would we have to be in for Puel to get another season in your opinion?

Or should we just go for Rafa even if we finish 7th?

Just now, Max Wall said:

If we're safe at the end of the season, what position would we have to be in for Puel to get another season in your opinion?

Or should we just go for Rafa even if we finish 7th?

If we're 12th but we're playing some really good stuff maybe he'll just keep his job but if it's the same old boring stuff I think he'll go. Looking at the players we've got, not finishing top half would be a poor season. 

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

If we're 12th but we're playing some really good stuff maybe he'll just keep his job but if it's the same old boring stuff I think he'll go. Looking at the players we've got, not finishing top half would be a poor season. 

That's a reasoned opinion and it's difficult to argue against it.

I've been staunchly Puel in, not because I think he's been wonderful so far but for the preseason/transfers/time argument.

I'd hope there would be more than just signs we were adapting after a full season, so if we're bottom half and playing boring football, I'd at least find the arguments to relieve him of his duties more understandable.

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

By that measure Martin O'Neill was one of our worst managers.

A great analogy!  Some were booing hi after 9 games (which he never forgot) but the rest was history. A great era. Give this chap a chance. Whilst he inherited some good players, he also inherited a bit of a mess in other ways not unlike Pearson in a way. Unless it goes really drastically wrong we should let him quietly do his thing until the end of the season and, notwithstanding that we might not be in the top 8, evaluate him and the situation from there. The cornerstones for a bright future have been put in place by the investment in young hungry talent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

A great analogy!  Some were booing hi after 9 games (which he never forgot) but the rest was history. A great era. Give this chap a chance. Whilst he inherited some good players, he also inherited a bit of a mess in other ways not unlike Pearson in a way. Unless it goes really drastically wrong we should let him quietly do his thing until the end of the season and, notwithstanding that we might not be in the top 8, evaluate him and the situation from there. The cornerstones for a bright future have been put in place by the investment in young hungry talent.

How is it a great analogy? It’s a rubbish analogy. Puel has been in charge now for far more than 9 games.

Like us all, you need to hope that this Puel revolution does come off, for two reasons.

Firstly, if it doesn’t, you and many others will look like berks. Secondly, if we start losing week-in, week-out, he’ll be sacked. He won’t be given ‘a season’, cos that’s not how it works anymore. Why do people not know this and still bang on about ‘stability’? It’s a cut-throat, points business and if we ain’t picking up points we’ll have a problem. I wonder if the Thais very nearly thought about making yet another managerial change near the end of last season.

I think the club is on the precipice of something. But I honestly don’t know how it will go.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How is it a great analogy? It’s a rubbish analogy. Puel has been in charge now for far more than 9 games.

Like us all, you need to hope that this Puel revolution does come off, for two reasons.

Firstly, if it doesn’t, you and many others will look like berks. Secondly, if we start losing week-in, week-out, he’ll be sacked. He won’t be given ‘a season’, cos that’s not how it works anymore. Why do people not know this and still bang on about ‘stability’? It’s a cut-throat, points business and if we ain’t picking up points we’ll have a problem. I wonder if the Thais very nearly thought about making yet another managerial change near the end of last season.

I think the club is on the precipice of something. But I honestly don’t know how it will go.

I can honestly i see it going either way.  Truth is puel has to get it right... he can't dither or wait for things to click.   This is his moment to shine...or not.

Similarly with players like nacho silva ibora ricardo madison diabate ghezzal... two new cbs ....and grey ( who.. though i have had big reservations.. had a great game on friday..  power to him).  So its a very big list of guys on trial.  Hedging says half will shine. .... i hope puel is in the shiny half.   Madison and ricardo too.

With so many on trial i cant say how it will go

I'm not 100% convinced by him but I'm completely against recklessly changing your manager - for example giving him the whole of pre-season and then talk of getting rid of him 5 games in. Utterly ludicrous. It's like the kind of thing that would happen in Football Manager where you'd laugh at it being a bug. To actually bring that to reality would be madness.

Lets see where we are in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not 100% convinced by him but I'm completely against recklessly changing your manager - for example giving him the whole of pre-season and then talk of getting rid of him 5 games in. Utterly ludicrous. It's like the kind of thing that would happen in Football Manager where you'd laugh at it being a bug. To actually bring that to reality would be madness.

Thats going to be the case. He will be judged. ... i hope he passes the audition

24 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

More of this kind of thing, say I.

Guest Cujek
17 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

By that measure Martin O'Neill was one of our worst managers.

He inherited a pile of crap though so that comparison is pointless 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

More of this kind of thing, say I.

I'll also add, when I say judge in November, I don't mean that we have to hit a certain number of points or goals for him to stay in the job. Too many variables for that to be a fair analysis. If I see progress then he stays on.

Man Utd was a good performance on the whole. Not perfect, still questionable in both boxes, but we were missing a number of players and I guarantee if that was Wolves or Fulham going there and playing like that they would be getting all kinds of praise for it.