Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Match Thread

This is really promising. String together 90 minutes like this and there’s a case for it being our best performance under Puel, certainly the best since the Chelsea game.

The speed of the passing is so much quicker now.

I think we may have had our chance. Big effort from us so far but United will have their time as we've put a lot of effort in so far. Their defence is better than ours and Mourinho will regroup, rally the troops etc. I think they will score again undeservedly and it's game over.

Lee Dixon on NBC sport saying we’ve been outstanding and bossed it. Singled out Maddison as being impressive and said Man Utd have been pretty poor

• Like 2

Definitely wouldn't take Amartey off yet. Needs to stay on and have a decent 15mins for his confidence. At half time you'd be telling him "forget the peno, get out there and show what you can do". Take him of and his confidence is shot and I don't think Puel is a hang them out to dry style manager.

• Like 1

Amarteys mistake will cost us this I feel. 

In the first half I thought he looked the only standout weak link. I can't really see what benefit it is to the team having him over Simpson. 

Other than that we played the ball around nicely without creating any golden chances. Second half united will come out a different team and we won't have it so easy in regards to time on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Amartey solid, really?! He’s been absolutely terrible 

He has not. He has made two errors so far. Penalty was harsh and could have gone either way, but it’s Man Utd, so.....  otherwise he has been decent. Not getting on the slate Amartey bandwagon just because some think it’s cool and we need a scapegoat. 

• Like 2

Just now, adam said:

Amartey just isn't good enough on the ball. Looks no better than Simpson on the ball. If we wanted to play Ricardo right wing we needed another right back. 

To be honest this is what I was thinking - he is a little better but defensively worse so at old Trafford that matters - strange to buy a full back and then not change personnel in that area ....... I’m unhappy with Puel on this call 

See i dont mind losing games like this to the big teams if we play like we are, passing with a purpose and looking quickly for the gaps, think i speak for everyone when i say i can take losing in this manner, when we really have a go and everyone puts in a shift 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Silva's been ok-ish, not seen much from him going forward. Plays more like a midfielder sweeper.

Apart from that opening moment of scare, Amartey's been solid, too. Linking up rather nicely with Ricardo Silva on the right.

Chilwell, Gray, Maddison, Iheanacho and Maguire standout players for me in the first half.

Well said my amartey not as bad as being made out . The mistake is clouding the view .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Dominated possession, created more chances. We are playing Man Utd away and we are the better team. At least a lot of you have found your new scapegoat- Danny Amartey. Give the lad a break. 

Well said. How many fuch ups Chills had last season, almost every game and people still are eager to give him more time to learn & develop. The moment Dan puts a foot wrong he's The Menace square peg weakest link etc. He's only 23 he can learn and develop as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think we may have had our chance. Big effort from us so far but United will have their time as we've put a lot of effort in so far. Their defence is better than ours and Mourinho will regroup, rally the troops etc. I think they will score again undeservedly and it's game over.

I have that feeling as well.