Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

{snare drums building to crescendo}

Here we go Foxes! Flash! Bang! Glitter Explosion!  Have a little bet.  Go on.  GO ON!!!

Another super premiership glamour tinsel season is here.  It doesn't matter how bright the sun is - any cloud can cover it.  It doesn't matter how valiant the hero is - any coward can kill him.  

Scandal.  Outrage.  Drama.  

That's the reason they can keep scalping us.  We sneer at the women for liking soap operas, but the football is our soap opera.  With sternly fixed gaze we defy all logic and reason that screams at you that you're being shamelessly rogered in return for a second-rate pantomime of a parody of a circus.  £35 to get in if you please!  

They know we're hooked and they take advantage of it.  They know they have a grip on us.

Would you like to resubscribe now?

Click.  Yes.

2 hours ago, La-Sayona said:

{snare drums building to crescendo}

Here we go Foxes! Flash! Bang! Glitter Explosion!  Have a little bet.  Go on.  GO ON!!!

Another super premiership glamour tinsel season is here.  It doesn't matter how bright the sun is - any cloud can cover it.  It doesn't matter how valiant the hero is - any coward can kill him.  

Scandal.  Outrage.  Drama.  

That's the reason they can keep scalping us.  We sneer at the women for liking soap operas, but the football is our soap opera.  With sternly fixed gaze we defy all logic and reason that screams at you that you're being shamelessly rogered in return for a second-rate pantomime of a parody of a circus.  £35 to get in if you please!  

They know we're hooked and they take advantage of it.  They know they have a grip on us.

Would you like to resubscribe now?

Click.  Yes.

Where do i click?

• Haha 1

I don't know why people go on about a back 3. It isn't going to happen. Puel has shown no sign that he will change from a back 4. Yes we've signed 3 cb's but that's because we've been short for years. Now we have 2 young ones with great potential to add to Maguire, Evans and Morgan. 

My team would be:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell 

Ndidi Silva 

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy 

Soyuncu when he gets his work permit and trained properly I would look to swap with Evans as my long term team

• Like 1

We need to be all over these and show people what we can do. not just retain posseesion of the ball but we need to do something with it. we need quick paced attacks . we need to get at these from the start and spray the ball around and give it a real go.

2 hours ago, 80's fox said:

I don't know why people go on about a back 3. It isn't going to happen. Puel has shown no sign that he will change from a back 4. Yes we've signed 3 cb's but that's because we've been short for years. Now we have 2 young ones with great potential to add to Maguire, Evans and Morgan. 

Everyone said we needed 1 CB before deadline day, not 2. Let’s be honest here, if we signed 1 CB on deadline day then Morgan would have been fine as 4th choice. If we get screwed by injuries then we’d still have Benalouane or our u23s as 5th choice. 

Signing both Benkovic and Soyuncu was overkill when it was obvious we needed another attacker.

So if we’re not switching to 3 at the back, then I don’t see the reason for signing 3 CB’s.

Edited by Shane

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Mostly the same but Morgan out for Benkovic or Caglar (Evans is no better than Morgan let's be honest), and Periera at full back, give Ghezzal a go at the wing.

Evans is a lot better than Morgan

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Everyone said we needed 1 CB before deadline day, not 2. Let’s be honest here, if we signed 1 CB on deadline day then Morgan would have been fine as 4th choice. If we get screwed by injuries then we’d still have Benalouane or our u23s as 5th choice. 

Signing both Benkovic and Soyuncu was overkill when it was obvious we needed another attacker.

So if we’re not switching to 3 at the back, then I don’t see the reason for signing 3 CB’s.

Not quite sure i would call it overkill. More like potential for the future. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He's dogshit. Complete waste of a squad space - let's not forget West Brom improved massively once he was given the sharp one for the taxi incident. I'd have genuinely kept Huth rather than sign him. Definitely have Soyuncu and Benkovic ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He's dogshit. Complete waste of a squad space - let's not forget West Brom improved massively once he was given the sharp one for the taxi incident. I'd have genuinely kept Huth rather than sign him. Definitely have Soyuncu and Benkovic ahead of him.

Have you seen either one off them play?

you might be right,I don't know, I'd never heard of either of them, but that's a pretty bold statement made on the evidence available.

• Like 3

Just now, Webbo said:

Have you seen either one off them play?

you might be right,I don't know, I'd never heard of either of them, but that's a pretty bold statement made on the evidence available.

I've not, but I've seen Evans play and unless they're the reincarnation of Ryan McGivern they can't be worse than him. 

31 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Probably and I'll be moaning about Albrighton only being effective on the left again.

Problem with Albrighton being on the left he’s always gonna cut in on his right to get that cross in so it gives the defender that extra couple of seconds to intercept. With Albrighton on the right he can whip that ball in first time, with the quality of his crosses it will be a nightmare for defenders, & is also when he is most dangerous, with Perreira overlapping I think that’s the way forward.

59 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I've not, but I've seen Evans play and unless they're the reincarnation of Ryan McGivern they can't be worse than him. 

cant be that crap if Ferguson rated him imo etc

hes better on the ball than Morgan too tbh, though lets not forget, WBA were crap last season in defence anyway, so you could pick a handful on that front,

on the game, i think there will be a few changes, hopefully Evans will be in for Morgan, Ricardo will be at RB, with Vardy coming in for Nacho and im not sure who id go for to go ahead of Ricardo, either Albrighton or Diabate

fingers crossed we played as well as we did yesterday and that our chances too

Edited by FrankieADZ

6 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Maguire, Chilwell

Ndidi, Silva

Albrighton, Maddison, Gray

Vardy 

I’d play this lineup too but given that Albrighton neither started nor came on yesterday I think he will play Ghezzal instead of him. That said I expect Albrighton will be back in later in the season - last year Puel did the same thing and he raised his game. He did look of the pace versus Lille and I think selecting the in-form / fit players is the thing to do. 

The game and will be very interesting indeed! Don’t really know what Wolves will be like but given Moutinho and Neves the game could end up being quite the Portuguese affair with a lot of passing moves among both teams. So I wonder if we will have more of the ball than they do?

Should be a competitive game but I think with our high press, being at home, Ndidi to break up attacks and Vardy up front and already off the mark that we should beat them. But I think just as Puel said yesterday it’s about fixing the details. Concede again after 5 minutes and it will be a long afternoon!

Just hoping we see a complete shift from home displays last season. Move the ball faster and show more desire / intent. Against Man U we did both so do the same and we should get a good performance and result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Agreed, although that's not necessarily a glowing endorsement on Evans' part.

I'm happy with the Evans signing, i've said that numerous times, however he's a year older than last year (Obviously), in that there are positive's to be made that he's the mature, experienced head in defence, but on the flip side if you look at last season and the pre-season - Injuries seem to be creeping in.

That's a concern for me regarding Evans and I see that as a door open and excuse for the selection of Morgan - I don't see the two young lads getting ahead of Morgan (Not soon anyway).

Edited by Matt

This is a big game for Puel. We showed promise last night but still ultimately left with nothing. If we play like that and have a bit more of a killer instinct I think we can win it for sure and it would be a big weight off his shoulders.

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

cant be that crap if Ferguson rated him imo etc

hes better on the ball than Morgan too tbh, though lets not forget, WBA were crap last season in defence anyway, so you could pick a handful on that front,

on the game, i think there will be a few changes, hopefully Evans will be in for Morgan, Ricardo will be at RB, with Vardy coming in for Nacho and im not sure who id go for to go ahead of Ricardo, either Albrighton or Diabate

fingers crossed we played as well as we did yesterday and that our chances too

Fergie in his latter years picked some right guff - Djemba-Djemba, Macheda, Bebe...

I can't help but be worried about this game - it reeks of a potential banana skin. 

I think Evans in for Morgan and Albrighton in for Amartey (then having Ricardo at RB) is the best way to go forward. We looked shaky on the right side of the back 4 at times last night. 

Just an observation but people seem to think we move the ball to slowly but then want iborra over Silva.

For me we are much slower in possesion with Iborra of we can get Silva at his best he is more akin to the way madders let's the ball move across his body and tries to get on the front foot.

• Like 3