Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Just an observation but people seem to think we move the ball to slowly but then want iborra over Silva.

For me we are much slower in possesion with Iborra of we can get Silva at his best he is more akin to the way madders let's the ball move across his body and tries to get on the front foot.

Yeh you are right on that. I just like Iborra but Silva can be better IF we can get him at his best.

1 minute ago, Pete Campbell said:

Yeh you are right on that. I just like Iborra but Silva can be better IF we can get him at his best.

Game based on opinions at the end of the day. Think iborra would be better suited to a 3. Could probably get away with never moving more than 30 yards and just ping passes. 

The way we set up last night we need a fully firing Silva to just move us a few yards up the pitch quicker when we win the ball back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

He's dogshit. Complete waste of a squad space - let's not forget West Brom improved massively once he was given the sharp one for the taxi incident. I'd have genuinely kept Huth rather than sign him. Definitely have Soyuncu and Benkovic ahead of him.

What's your explanation for West Brom putting a £30m price tag on his head and Man City and Arsenal trying to buy him only 12 months a go?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What's your explanation for West Brom putting a £30m price tag on his head and Man City and Arsenal trying to buy him only 12 months a go?

Seriously doubt Man City were ever in for him. Man's dirge. Second worst signing of the summer on paper, and that's only because we signed Ward for some reason.

5 hours ago, Shane said:

Everyone said we needed 1 CB before deadline day, not 2. Let’s be honest here, if we signed 1 CB on deadline day then Morgan would have been fine as 4th choice. If we get screwed by injuries then we’d still have Benalouane or our u23s as 5th choice. 

Signing both Benkovic and Soyuncu was overkill when it was obvious we needed another attacker.

So if we’re not switching to 3 at the back, then I don’t see the reason for signing 3 CB’s.

That is the only indication that we have that suggests 3 at the back. Claude has never played 3 at the back. 

The new centre backs are 21and 22. Good planning for when Benalouane and Morgan are gone? Bed them in etc. Plus we don't know how long Harry is here for? 

So I wouldn't say it's overkill (if you include all our centre back options yes!) but not if you exclude the likes of Benanlouane 

Silva over Iborra. 

Silva moves the ball quicker and is more mobile. I hate when Iborra ball hugs. Though Iborra is better defensively and has more aerial threat. 

• Like 2

We'll undoubtedly can play better than we did tonight, but I still expect us to lose this. 

Not sure Traore will be fit for this and Dendoncker could come in either at CB for Bennett (unlikely as he was one of our better players tonight), or at DM instead of Moutinho. 

Edited by The Bear