Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Was that the same season we was 3-1 up against Middlesbrough, only to concede 2 goals in injury time?

It was. Also the same season that we went:

2-0 up against Southampton and drew 2-2

4-3 up against Spurs and Drew 4-4

2-0 up against nine men Bolton and drew 2-2 (we had Muzzy sent off too though)

Came back to 2-2 with also relegated Leeds but lost 3-2.

Gave away a lot of goals that year. 

I have 2 mates who are Wolves fans so I am desperate for a win. They have been lapping up all this spending and talk of breaking into the top 6. I've been winding them up after the 2-2 draw against 10 men at home.

Wolves play their style no matter who the opposition is. So they wont sit back and be hard to break down. I fancy us to give them a wake up call.

I'm looking forward to seeing Neves, want to know if he is the real deal.

3-1 win

13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira     Maguire    Evans     Chilwell 

Ndidi  Silva

Albrighton Maddison  Gray

Vardy

Pretty much this for me.  X

12 hours ago, les-tah said:

dont see how it cant be this.. Still find it impossible to see morgan being dropped though 

We've bought 3 centre backs to replace the bloke, I really don't know why people keep going on about him not being dropped. When people are up to speed, he won't be first choice. Unless of course the others are worse than him.

• Like 2

Surely it's got to be

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

When you look at our lack of attacking options which are usually the positions that are rotated the most compared to our defence it's quite concerning. We've just got to hope that Maddison and Gray are unbelievable in supply this season and Albrighton is as solid as ever.

• Like 2

It will probably be the standard 1-1 at home under Puel scoreline.

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

Vardy

Put Maddison on the right but I'd hope he'd be able to roam and internchange with Nacho and Gray. He's not a winger but I'd prefer him to our other options and we need as many goal threats on the pitch as possible. Worry slightly about exposing Ricardo at right back with no protection against Jonny (who I thought looked good for Wolves the other day) but we'll have to just hope he'll be able to cope. I think Morgan has possession until he has a howler, he wasn't too bad against United and can't see him being dropped just yet. Silva or Iborra is a tricky one, not Iborra's biggest fan but he's a more natural defensive mind. Ndidi goes running and chasing the ball so we need someone who is going to protect the back four and not leave his open to counter attack.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve got no concerns about us not winning this. 

I think they’ll score as I think we’re defensively shaky.

But we’ll score more...

3-1 City.

Imagine signing 4 new defenders and still being defensively shaky. I hope given time this is an area we become masters at because we've certainly prioritised it this summer. We are now significantly weaker in attacking options which means defensively we have to improve otherwise it'll be impossible for us to be top half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It will probably be the standard 1-1 at home under Puel scoreline.

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

Vardy

Put Maddison on the right but I'd hope he'd be able to roam and internchange with Nacho and Gray. He's not a winger but I'd prefer him to our other options and we need as many goal threats on the pitch as possible. Worry slightly about exposing Ricardo at right back with no protection against Jonny (who I thought looked good for Wolves the other day) but we'll have to just hope he'll be able to cope. I think Morgan has possession until he has a howler, he wasn't too bad against United and can't see him being dropped just yet. Silva or Iborra is a tricky one, not Iborra's biggest fan but he's a more natural defensive mind. Ndidi goes running and chasing the ball so we need someone who is going to protect the back four and not leave his open to counter attack.

Is Evans still injured? 

Besides Maddison and perhaps Gray finally clicking, I think we're all slightly concerned the attacking options are a player or two away from making us highly competitive.

I think we need to have more of focus on our defensive side this season if we are to have any success, and just hope we get a few 1-0's etc...

KS

Soyuncu  Evans  Maguire

Ricardo                                     Chilwell

Ndidi    Iborra

Albrighton                                    Maddison

Vardy

• Like 1