Jump to content
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Was that the same season we was 3-1 up against Middlesbrough, only to concede 2 goals in injury time?

It was. Also the same season that we went:

 

2-0 up against Southampton and drew 2-2

4-3 up against Spurs and Drew 4-4

2-0 up against nine men Bolton and drew 2-2 (we had Muzzy sent off too though)

Came back to 2-2 with also relegated Leeds but lost 3-2.

 

Gave away a lot of goals that year. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 mates who are Wolves fans so I am desperate for a win. They have been lapping up all this spending and talk of breaking into the top 6. I've been winding them up after the 2-2 draw against 10 men at home.

 

Wolves play their style no matter who the opposition is. So they wont sit back and be hard to break down. I fancy us to give them a wake up call.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing Neves, want to know if he is the real deal.

 

3-1 win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

                     Schmeichel 

Pereira     Maguire    Evans     Chilwell 

                     Ndidi  Silva

      Albrighton Maddison  Gray

                           Vardy

Pretty much this for me.  X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, les-tah said:

dont see how it cant be this.. Still find it impossible to see morgan being dropped though 

We've bought 3 centre backs to replace the bloke, I really don't know why people keep going on about him not being dropped. When people are up to speed, he won't be first choice. Unless of course the others are worse than him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it's got to be

 

Schmeichel

 

Ricardo

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

 

Ndidi

Silva

 

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

 

Vardy

 

When you look at our lack of attacking options which are usually the positions that are rotated the most compared to our defence it's quite concerning. We've just got to hope that Maddison and Gray are unbelievable in supply this season and Albrighton is as solid as ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got no concerns about us not winning this. 

I think they’ll score as I think we’re defensively shaky.

But we’ll score more...

3-1 City.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will probably be the standard 1-1 at home under Puel scoreline.

 

Kasper

 

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

 

Ndidi

Iborra

 

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

 

Vardy

 

Put Maddison on the right but I'd hope he'd be able to roam and internchange with Nacho and Gray. He's not a winger but I'd prefer him to our other options and we need as many goal threats on the pitch as possible. Worry slightly about exposing Ricardo at right back with no protection against Jonny (who I thought looked good for Wolves the other day) but we'll have to just hope he'll be able to cope. I think Morgan has possession until he has a howler, he wasn't too bad against United and can't see him being dropped just yet. Silva or Iborra is a tricky one, not Iborra's biggest fan but he's a more natural defensive mind. Ndidi goes running and chasing the ball so we need someone who is going to protect the back four and not leave his open to counter attack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve got no concerns about us not winning this. 

I think they’ll score as I think we’re defensively shaky.

But we’ll score more...

3-1 City.

Imagine signing 4 new defenders and still being defensively shaky. I hope given time this is an area we become masters at because we've certainly prioritised it this summer. We are now significantly weaker in attacking options which means defensively we have to improve otherwise it'll be impossible for us to be top half.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It will probably be the standard 1-1 at home under Puel scoreline.

 

Kasper

 

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

 

Ndidi

Iborra

 

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

 

Vardy

 

Put Maddison on the right but I'd hope he'd be able to roam and internchange with Nacho and Gray. He's not a winger but I'd prefer him to our other options and we need as many goal threats on the pitch as possible. Worry slightly about exposing Ricardo at right back with no protection against Jonny (who I thought looked good for Wolves the other day) but we'll have to just hope he'll be able to cope. I think Morgan has possession until he has a howler, he wasn't too bad against United and can't see him being dropped just yet. Silva or Iborra is a tricky one, not Iborra's biggest fan but he's a more natural defensive mind. Ndidi goes running and chasing the ball so we need someone who is going to protect the back four and not leave his open to counter attack.

Is Evans still injured? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Is Evans still injured? 

No, been back in training for about a week now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides Maddison and perhaps Gray finally clicking, I think we're all slightly concerned the attacking options are a player or two away from making us highly competitive.

I think we need to have more of focus on our defensive side this season if we are to have any success, and just hope we get a few 1-0's etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                        KS

       

        Soyuncu  Evans  Maguire

 

Ricardo                                     Chilwell

              

                  Ndidi    Iborra

Albrighton                                    Maddison

                           Vardy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maddison has to stay in the number 10 role, he's likely to be far more productive in there.

 

Vardy will surely start and as most have pointed out, Ricardo should go to RB with one of Albrighton/Ghezzal starting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely Albrighton or Ghezzal in for Amartey with Ricardo dropping back.

 

Maybe Iborra for Silva in the middle.

 

Vardy for Iheanacho up front.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We gonna play well, but probably still end up with 1-1 draw because of some silly brainfart or poor set piece defending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Just had a gander at one their forums - as you do.

 

My, my, they're confident.

Can't tease lazy people like me with that without any hysterical examples...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Just had a gander at one their forums - as you do.

 

My, my, they're confident.

Strange after their last performance. They look bang average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How have they got better odds on finishing top 6 than we have? Just don't understand the "wolves hype"? Hope we destroy then to let them know who the top dog of the Midlands are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember us coming up with this arrogance ??

 

I don't even think they got as many points as we did as Div 2 Champions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×