Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

36 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't remember us coming up with this arrogance ??

I don't even think they got as many points as we did as Div 2 Champions.

No, it took us a long time and a lot of hard work to perfect it.

mike its all about me dean is the ref for this so watch them be handed another penalty at some stage during the game.  Just been on one of their fans forum and by jesus they are a bunch of very confident over hyping their team, and bragging lot.

I really hope the proper Leicester turns up on Saturday and sends them back to Birmingham realising the premier league is a different kettle of fish to the Championship.

Play like they did against Everton on Saturday I think we will win.  I noticed they stand off teams and give them lots of time on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They have every right to be arrogant. Over a 100 points, got some great players, spent even more. Has there been a better promoted side (on paper)?

We finished on 99 thanks to a can't-be-arsed 0-3 performance away at Sunderland. Very annoying. 

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They have every right to be arrogant. Over a 100 points, got some great players, spent even more. Has there been a better promoted side (on paper)?

Spent even more than what? They spent £65m, whereas Fulham spent over £100m.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Even more than we did last season, I think he means. 

£30m of that was converting loans for those players we had last season any way. In terms of new players we haven't spent much at all. 

You've not actually and I think that's where you're getting an unfair reputation. How you recruited last season was quite remarkable, certainly Neves and Jota are obscene at that level and possibly in the PL. You've put together a very promising looking squad, although your defence looks on paper to be your weakest area but maybe I'm being unkind. Deodoncker and Jonny could both be superb. 

• Like 1

Two or three changes I think: Vardy for Iheanacho, Evans for Morgan (I hope) and Silva for Iborra (perhaps).

Puel'll again give Ghezzal a chance in the second half by subbing him for Amartey and moving Richardo back.

Benkovik looks a bit rusty this evening. I think we'll see him in the u23s again on Friday instead.

Kasper 

Pereira  Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi 

Albrighton                     Gray

Maddison  

Vardy        Iheanacho 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Kasper 

Pereira  Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi 

Albrighton                     Gray

Maddison  

Vardy        Iheanacho 

We need to find a formation where we can play both Vardy & Iheanacho together but also fit Maddison behind them. I honestly believe this year could be Nacho’s year to breakthrough & with the form he’s currently in, it would destroy his morale imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Vardy

Gray Iheanacho Maddison

Ndidi Silva

Chilwell Maguire Evans Pereira

Schmeichel

Why not just play a 4-2-2-2 so Iheanacho can actually play upfront rather In the number 10 role, with Gray & Maddison drifting more as attacking mids allowing the fullbacks to play as wingers whilst we’re going forward to create more space, in the middle & outwide.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why not just play a 4-2-2-2 so Iheanacho can actually play upfront rather In the number 10 role, with Gray & Maddison drifting more as attacking mids allowing the fullbacks to play as wingers whilst we’re going forward to create more space, in the middle & outwide.

Two No9's doesn't work in the PL or for a low possession side.