Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

5 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Reminds me of when Stan Collymore was at LFC, started so promising but then went all wrong! 

Slimani scored great goals for us, he strong and has physical strength, but not for 90 minutes, maybe we can use him as a sub. 

Leicester payed nearly 30m for a player approaching 30, who made that decision considering no big clubs were interested in signing him

smacks of desperation now. A bit like the Adrien Silva move too... We've spent an unbelievable amount of money on transfers that haven't worked out in recent years 

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rumours started when we first got promoted, makes sense as we went for a big man in Ulloa. I think the point UTLF is making, is that whilst we scouted him before it was Ranieri who wanted him at any price. Rather than what we thought he was worth.

There must have been a battle behind the scenes with him and Walsh about it. Because whilst Walsh was here we let the buy out clause expire, then once he'd gone we went and spent another £7m on the bloke, above what we could have got him for.

Can't imagine Ranieri knew much about him though TBH, probably more a case of "we need a striker, get me one whatever the cost" and he was all we could get on the list.

To be honest you never quite know who did what when really.  With Slimani I just seem to remember mention on here and other media outlets prior to Ranieri coming that's all. I do remember two separate pieces of TV coverage where Ranieri stated that he had no involvement with any of the transfers dealings and that he was 'just a coach', but who knows eh. I  did think it was Rudkin however that when a target had been picked, he would then do the negotiations?  Whilst I think overall Walsh did a very good job for us in his time here, there are some on here who appear to put any good signings down to him but any poor one's down to Ranieri , Shakespeare, Puel or even the Pope if they could implicate him ? I don't think there's ever been a scout or recruitment team yet who haven't had the odd bad buy.

7 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He had ability, he showed that in flashes and in the World Cup. But his attitude stinks I think. I get the feeling he isn't prepared to tuff it out and bust a gut to make things work in his favour. He was a big fish in Lisbon, but has been poor ever since.

You get more room in the Portugese League,and not every game do you Come up with the pressing game..

I do think we could have set up differently and made our game around the trio of Slim-Vardy-Mahrez,and kept to it over 5-6 games.

A lot of our so called "waste of money" players....(Strikers) came in under..Ranieri/Shakespeare who really never played to their Strengths,they

seemed to be thrown in,because they were simply the new-buys. The formation and tactics ,had us still living in the past.

Ranieri ,tinkered (rightly) but never had faith in himself or his own ideas,to try and build over a longer period of games.

I believe the most frustrating point,a collective one where all fans are most likely agreeing....

Having Vardy playing his game,and sometimes being a foil for his striking partner, when starting with or as a sub Albrighton as WB/Winger

Pumping and crossing the ball into the box. with a midfielder( like DD/Iborra/King/Ndidi...now Maddison) waiting for the loose ball

We had a strong point we never to hardly used,or attempted to set up our formation to accommodate it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I hope this was a joke..

About the wages or a different option?

Because both are true. We’ve played Okazaki and Gray as lone strikers. Neither did any better than what Slimani could do.

Its worth the option when we’re looking hopeless and needing a goal in the latter stages of a game, because that’s happened a fair few times too.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Just found them... only Everton have crossed more than us. A tallish striker who is good with their feet would suit us down to the ground. Title winning season we were 12th in the list. First season up, we were 3rd in the list. So there was definitely a shift away from wide play under Ranieri.

A fast, tall striker to fit in. Feel like a Wilson or Calvert-Lewin type of player

Just now, Papasmurf said:

I'd love to see him back if we actually played to his strengths. He's got an awful lot to offer.. 

I really did not get our obsession with playing him as a number 10.

What does he offer? because hes been quoted Fenerbahce's worst signing in 24 years....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simoken said:

What does he offer? because hes been quoted Fenerbahce's worst signing in 24 years....

He sure has, by one newspaper guy. Slimani's on loan to them and they're probably not paying much of his wages - how on Earth could they say he's their worst signing in almost a generation?

Ay guys look at me, Mahrez was our worst signing in my entire 24 year life.

Holds as much weight as the other guy's...

Edited by Beechey

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Sounds Like Islam will be back in January after stinking out the Turkish Supa Lig, possibly the worst signing in premier league history, the lad will walk away from Leicester on a free in 18 months time

http://sportwitness.co.uk/manager-admits-not-working-leicester-city-man-fans-boo/

Adebayor seen as a better option. Slim must have taken his crapness to stratospheric levels

• Haha 1

Unless we are buying a striker in January, then I'm not opposed to he's return.

At the moment we have Vardy struggling with niggles. A totally out of form Nacho, struggling with confidence and Oki who puts he's all in but is in the two of his PL.

The chances are we will not find a team willing to pay Slim's wages, so if we are going to be paying he's wages so may as well use him as a resource.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The chances are we will not find a team willing to pay Slim's wages, so if we are going to be paying he's wages so may as well use him as a resource.

he could help paint the new new training ground, maybe?

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To date, possibly the club’s worst signing in terms of the ridiculous outlay.

That summer’s spending spree really was quite dreadful.

Mendy has turned out to be the only good player signed that window, after we won the league! unbelievable.... had the opportunity to sign quality and we ended up with islam bloody slimani!