Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To date, possibly the club’s worst signing in terms of the ridiculous outlay.

That summer’s spending spree really was quite dreadful.

Its was a very poorly plan summer on both the transfer and preparation front. Its taken has taken us four transfer windows to address the issues of that summer.

At least the this summer all of the signings made sense.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To date, possibly the club’s worst signing in terms of the ridiculous outlay.

That summer’s spending spree really was quite dreadful.

Silva is the worst by some considerable distance, at least Slim scored goals that helped pay back his fee. Silva can't even make our bench and has done literally nothing.

• Like 1

I don't mind Slimani as a player and think he's got something about him but I'm not sure on the calls to reintegrate when he's clearly out of favour with the existing manager and has struggled on (albeit with some injury issues) during his last two loan spells. I agree a different alternative to Vardy/Iheanacho/Okazaki would be another big asset to us but I think starting afresh with a new player and parting ways with Slimani is the best way to handle it.

It seems our best hope for moving Slimani now is that a Chinese or Arabic team comes in with silly money so we recoup as much of the fee as possible. Fingers crossed.

If we dont sign another striker in January he is someone I would take back. Shinji is past his best and Nachoman hasn't been a whole lot better.

Still though as disappointing as he was for us he has had 2 even more disastrous moves since.  Hard to believe it could be worse for him elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Silva is the worst by some considerable distance, at least Slim scored goals that helped pay back his fee. Silva can't even make our bench and has done literally nothing.

Fair argument. Both hugely disappointing and I hold my hands up, I thought both would be very good players for us.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fair argument. Both hugely disappointing and I hold my hands up, I thought both would be very good players for us.

One of the reasons I like to wait and see. It takes players from abroad longer to settle. Has everyone had the Mendy humble pie yet. 

• Like 1