Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:07, Koke said:

Heard a few guys in the media (Richard Keys latest) say that this  current City side have become too "nice". For the best part of 25 years we have been known to play robust in-your-face football, whereas now we will dominate possession and basically look like a Poundland Arsenal. 

He could have been insulating and called pound land spuds.

On 12/08/2018 at 19:07, Koke said:

Heard a few guys in the media (Richard Keys latest) say that this  current City side have become too "nice". For the best part of 25 years we have been known to play robust in-your-face football, whereas now we will dominate possession and basically look like a Poundland Arsenal. 

What clowns, a non fashionable club evolving to play a different system and bringing in players to suit this style.....how dare they!

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Former Celtic man says Leicester City fans 'need to get realistic'
He says another ninth-placed finish in the Premier League should suffice

ByRichard Cusack
09:05, 14 AUG 2018

Chris Sutton says Leicester City fans should be happy with another mid-table finish in the Premier League.

The Foxes finished ninth last season, and ex-Celtic striker Sutton says a similar result this season should be welcomed.

City got their 2018/19 Premier League campaign off to a losing start on Friday night , going down 2-1 to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, he said : "Leicester fans need to get realistic, don't they?

"I think if Leicester finish ninth in the Premier League, that's good.

"I know people will say Leicester won the Premier League, and that's fair enough.

"But I think ninth is good for Leicester."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-celtic-fans-realistic-1894530

His way of thinking explains his managerial career !

45 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Chris Sutton and Danny Mills need to say something controversial to stay in the public eye because they have absolutely nothing else to offer in terms of valid insight.

I think the fact every time Chris Sutton is on a panel everyone disagrees with everything he says and constantly has to put him in his place speaks volumes. 

He’s a moron that proves just because you played professionally doesn’t mean you’ll be a good pundit. As do mills and Murphy. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45184484

Jermaine Jenas column that's definitely worth a read if you're bored in desperate need of a laugh. The levels of his bias and delusion are incredible.

This is the bit that's relevant to us (pretty sure there's something in the water at the Match of the Day office.

I know Tottenham fans were craving the arrival of a massive name over the summer to provide that big moment and some excitement.

Personally I wanted someone who could go past his man and in the past I have hoped Spurs would go and get Riyad Mahrez from Leicester because he has the ability to do that and open up defences.

Wrighty said this the other day.

Neither of them seem to understand two things:

1. Mahrez wanted to leave to challenge for more silverware.
  2. They STILL can't even afford Jack ****ing Grealish.
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It took me 40 minutes on talkSPORT this morning to mention our PL title win.

Will try harder next time.

Sorry for being a letdown. 

Haha Geoff ..... I have the same issue in our office - the Brentford fan forever picking me up on it whilst the gooners and bottlers generally keep shtum .........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It took me 40 minutes on talkSPORT this morning to mention our PL title win.

Will try harder next time.

Sorry for being a letdown. 

I think you should introduce yourself as 'Geoff  Peters, supporter of 5000/1 premier league champions, Leicester City'.

• Like 2

On 15/08/2018 at 06:55, Nalis said:

Chris Sutton and Danny Mills need to say something controversial to stay in the public eye because they have absolutely nothing else to offer in terms of valid insight.

Sutton has spent the whole weekend saying Cardiff will score the lowest PL points total ever. Sad the BBC have gone down the phone call bait route as well

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sutton has spent the whole weekend saying Cardiff will score the lowest PL points total ever. Sad the BBC have gone down the phone call bait route as well

Someone senior at the BBC has obviously said they need to become more 'relevant', so their response to this is to try and emulate Buzzfeed and Jerry Springer.

You can tell some of their researchers just use Reddit for story ideas.

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth

24 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Someone senior at the BBC has obviously said they need to become more 'relevant', so their response to this is to try and emulate Buzzfeed and Jerry Springer.

You can tell some of their researchers just use Reddit for story ideas.

The website is garbage compared to how it was. All headlines are now clickbait. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

49 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Absolutely. I am a staunch supporter of the BBC and their website should be a leading light in news, analysis and information. Sadly it's nothing more than publically funded clickbait, finding and sharing populist material to get the likes. It used to be my go to place for news and sport, but I can't remember the last time I used it properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Aye, I especially hate that cross over with the BBC 3 articles that get bumped to headline articles like "LOL LINGARD IS UNHAPPY AT HIS HAIR ON FIFA" 

**** sakes.