Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Well I never knew that

When Andy King won the League with Leicester - he became the first Welsh player not playing for Man United, to win the Premier League.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well I never knew that

When Andy King won the League with Leicester - he became the first Welsh player not playing for Man United, to win the Premier League.

Sounds more impressive than it is.  SInce 92 to 15 there had only been 23 seasons of PL football and Man Utd won 13 of them. so the other 10 winning sides didn't have a Welshman in them.  So what?  :dunno:

Mahrez was probably the first Algerian, Fuchs probably the first Austrian....

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Sounds more impressive than it is.  SInce 92 to 15 there had only been 23 seasons of PL football and Man Utd won 13 of them. so the other 10 winning sides didn't have a Welshman in them.  So what?  :dunno:

Embrace the Wonder @murphy Embrace the Wonder!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

You miserable sod :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well I never knew that

I remember reading about that back at the time. The Man U 3 were Giggs, Hughes and Blackmore i believe?

21 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

An incredibly skillful finisher!  Four open play goals scored with his left foot, three with his right, and three with his head. And converting every second shot.  :schlupp:

And he might never have played at this level if he hadn’t signed for a club who pulled him through his own doubts.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well I never knew that

I wonder if he was the first Welsh player not actually from Wales to win the Premier League?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 21/11/2019 at 00:02, Yes said:

Haven’t heard that one before.

I think my favourite thing about this post is Spurs know there place. They aren’t saying Liverpool we’re coming for you, quick look at the league table, who’s second? Are yes we are coming for you, we might fall just short but let’s make second our aim.

• Haha 1

On 21/11/2019 at 09:09, murphy said:

Alex Manninger of Arsenal!

Mahrez was the first Algerian, but as @Blue ROI says Alex Manninger of  Arsenal was the first Austrian.

I think Morgan was the first Jamaican and Inler the first Swiss though.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mahrez was the first Algerian, but as @Blue ROI says Alex Manninger of  Arsenal was the first Austrian.

I think Morgan was the first Jamaican and Inler the first Swiss though.

Not sure if he'd declared he was playing for them at the time but Benalouane was the first Tunisian winner too. Kramaric would have been the first Croatian but didn't play enough games. 

Would Wasyl have been the first Pole to win it had he racked up enough appearances, or have I missed someone incredibly obvious?

Edit - just checked and Benny didn't even get five games in 15-16. Tomasz Kuszcak (sp) would have been the first Polish winner.

Edited by Langston

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

Not sure if he'd declared he was playing for them at the time but Benalouane was the first Tunisian winner too. Kramaric would have been the first Croatian but didn't play enough games. 

Would Wasyl have been the first Pole to win it had he racked up enough appearances, or have I missed someone incredibly obvious?

Edit - just checked and Benny didn't even get five games in 15-16. Tomasz Kuszcak (sp) would have been the first Polish winner.

Tomas Kusczak (sp?) weren't he at Man Utd when they won it a few times.

Edit: Your edit beat me to it lol

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2019 at 10:09, murphy said:

Welshman have always been an integral part of Leicester city..the football league,past & present, they are British so the odds stack up And makes the post interesting....Austrians &Algerians in Top flight English leagues,a rarity...

So the A.King title Welsh legend is interesting...

• Like 1

Ffs who p1ssed on your fireworks  lol lol

• Like 1