Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

16 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

When you see Swiss national television covering LCFC on the sports page (albeit just with a mainly text-based report), you know you've made it.

lol

My Swiss mate who I lived with in Cape Town during the title winning season sent me this:

2F45845D-5491-444C-B166-2DE3AAF2FD0D.thumb.png.347e4245d4e8be5db2b3cd56d8f4151a.pngCouldn’t understand a word

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2019 at 21:57, Corky said:

I'm not saying people should be respectful and fair, just we can't really complain if another team isn't particularly nice about us when we have 30 posts a time mocking them for giving away a throw-in or something like that.

We're all bitter in some way.

One of the consistently funniest things on this forum is the absloute slaughtering, by some, of other clubs fans thoughts on social media, "what melts", "what embarrsassments", "how deluded" etc...when its exactly the same on here..........who woulda guessed eh!

• Like 1

Merson is capable of talking good stuff, he plays a character. Unfortunately that's the way alot of pundits go. Sutton though, is just a bellend.  

What’s Mersons problem with us all of the sudden? lol 

He always seemed quite positive about us before, surely it’s not just the Rodgers speculation.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Merson is capable of talking good stuff, he plays a character. Unfortunately that's the way alot of pundits go. Sutton though, is just a bellend.  

He’s not you know. My wife reckons those are useful and that’s not something you could level at Sutton. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I might be on my own with this but Chris Sutton as makes me smile. He's a top class wind up merchant.

43 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My Swiss mate who I lived with in Cape Town during the title winning season sent me this:

2F45845D-5491-444C-B166-2DE3AAF2FD0D.thumb.png.347e4245d4e8be5db2b3cd56d8f4151a.pngCouldn’t understand a word

Basically says we are on a run and Leicester fans can dream big again. Then says something along the lines of things not running very well after we won the title and this season we are back playing at the top. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yes said:

He always seemed quite positive about us before, surely it’s not just the Rodgers speculation.

we just happen to have what he wants for Arsenal.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Basically says we are on a run and Leicester fans can dream big again. Then says something along the lines of things not running very well after we won the title and this season we are back playing at the top. 

I thought it said die foxes havin a laugh

22 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

I might be on my own with this but Chris Sutton as makes me smile. He's a top class wind up merchant.

Oh no, I enjoy it, it's funny but it's funny because he is just an argumentative bellend. Look at his weekly dig at us when talking to savage. As soon as savage started talking us down abit he jumped to our defence because he just has to be different and controversial in his head. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yes said:

He was complimentary the great escape season saying we were gonna stay up when everyone else said we were gunners. Season after it was how we cant do it because we're leicester. Being leicester city meant we couldn't. He said it right up until it was confirmed even when his colleagues started to believe. But the team rooted at the bottom was gonna do it. There was something about them. Despite his colleagues differing opinion. He just goes on the 'inoffensive' opposite to the rest. 

57 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's the one.

Foxes on a run

"Leicester fans can dream big again"

After the title win in 2016, little did work out for Leicester. This season, the Foxes are playing a part all the way up again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Oh no, I enjoy it, it's funny but it's funny because he is just an argumentative bellend. Look at his weekly dig at us when talking to savage. As soon as savage started talking us down abit he jumped to our defence because he just has to be different and controversial in his head. 

Hahahaha...exactly. To be honest though, some of the pundits are so vacuous and/or cliched its quite refreshing.

People just dont like it when its directed against them. Being just a slight cynic, I always wonder whether his pro Celtic\anti Brendan rants are driven by personal revenue considerations, or whether he, like most of us, just keeps digging even though he knows its the wrong hole

3 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Hahahaha...exactly. To be honest though, some of the pundits are so vacuous and/or cliched its quite refreshing.

People just dont like it when its directed against them. Being just a slight cynic, I always wonder whether his pro Celtic\anti Brendan rants are driven by personal revenue considerations, or whether he, like most of us, just keeps digging even though he knows its the wrong hole

Done that. Messy but fun. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was complimentary the great escape season saying we were gonna stay up when everyone else said we were gunners. Season after it was how we cant do it because we're leicester. Being leicester city meant we couldn't. He said it right up until it was confirmed even when his colleagues started to believe. But the team rooted at the bottom was gonna do it. There was something about them. Despite his colleagues differing opinion. He just goes on the 'inoffensive' opposite to the rest. 

I don’t remember them calling us arsenal fans 

24 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If I remember right he was a big fan of Pearson as well, played with him at Boro I think, replacing him with a foreign manager probably didn’t go down well.

40 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I don’t remember them calling us arsenal fans 

Would explain why he was bigging us up :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Yes said:

If I remember right he was a big fan of Pearson as well, played with him at Boro I think, replacing him with a foreign manager probably didn’t go down well.

Yea, they were/are mates from what I remember. You're probably right, but it isnt just us he's really weird about anything everyone else agrees. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The people Paddy Power are marketing at. 

Come on, we all know one. Or many. 

Weird one, I always find Paddy Power pretty funny with their social media. I find Merson unbearable. Merson and Paddy power need to get their heads together and sort this out if I'm supposed to like both of them.

49 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

I think he tries to go on the wind up alot of the time. When it gets instantly pointed out how stupid he is for saying whatever it is he has said he just shouts loud. Problem is I think he believes alot of what he says, but that's what makes it hilarious. 

You have to take him like you take the talksport presenters, with a pinch of salt. Laugh at the angry fans calling in and going mental and turn the station over when your own teams fans start ringing. lol

• Like 1

Bit of Leicester on here https://play.acast.com/s/footballramble/5524d6dc-67f3-4462-9044-0bde1b3d78fe

Loved the bit where they say "it looks great, the spirit, you can see why players want to play there"

But my favourite bit was where the guy said "No, the main reason to play for Leicester is so you don`t have to play against him(N'didi), he is a pressing machine"  lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought it said die foxes havin a laugh

Thought we were talking about Paul Merson talking lol

we've won the league

i had the best moments of the LCFC part of my life in 15/16

i still play the video on my phone of the trophy and fireworks from time to time (only yesterday i watsapped it to a spurs supporting colleague)

and i really want us to now win it this season ………….. not because i need to go through the emotions and ceremonies again - been there, done that.  but because i want to stuff the disrespect from the suttons, savages and mersons up their frigging arses - sideways !!!!!!