Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Amazon panel very complimentary of us in the post match round up at Anfield. Mainly Henry and Crouch who seemed very neutral and honest when speaking about us. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1433943/2019/12/05/with-all-due-respect-to-the-pundits-leicester-must-be-spoken-of-as-legitimate-title-contenders/

Good article, basically sums up some people's frustration with media coverage and a wonderful disdain the club as a whole feel towards the coverage :appl:

Can you paste it?

• Thanks 1

All its going to take is for Liverpool to slip up and I think we would capitalise on that with a manager like Rodgers.

Last nights game for me had that 15/16 feeling about it for some reason.

Obviously Liverpool are flying at the minute but they cant win every game imo

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

All its going to take is for Liverpool to slip up and I think we would capitalise on that with a manager like Rodgers.

Last nights game for me had that 15/16 feeling about it for some reason.

Obviously Liverpool are flying at the minute but they cant win every game imo

:appl:

• Haha 3

On 03/12/2019 at 13:02, The Bear said:

Merson is just a mouth-breathing retard stealing a living because he's an ex player and a "lad aint he?". 

I like merse but found his comments lately really odd. Throughout our title winning season and survival year he was incredibly complimentary of us and the way we run the club, almost seemed to enjoy it as much as we were. But he was also talking having done his research. This season it’s been the complete opposite and almost seems incredibly bitter. Can tell he hasn’t had a proper look at our squad or done his homework. He was on a sky sports panel last night with o’hara and Clinton Morrison and was pretty harsh on us if I’m honest. Obviously we’d struggle if we lost Maddison and Vardy, but so would every club in the league if you took out their two (of their) best players. 

Enjoyed listening to Clinton Morrison though, went and had a look at some other media work he’s done on us and is far better equipped to talk about Leicester city than most pundits. 

I get that the media is a product but all I ask is that they talk about us fairly having done their research. Most of them can’t even be bothered to see who we signed in the summer or who we have on the bench.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Incredible really what we're doing, to assemble pretty much two different teams for a title win and then an unreal start to this season is nigh on unheard of in such a short space of time.

Yeah, not really been picked up on. To evolve the team and club in the manner we have is incredible. It’s funny really you see all this ‘nonsense’ about top club - well if we pull off a second top four finish in a short spell of time, that’s top club criteria 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I like merse but found his comments lately really odd. Throughout our title winning season and survival year he was incredibly complimentary of us and the way we run the club, almost seemed to enjoy it as much as we were. But he was also talking having done his research. This season it’s been the complete opposite and almost seems incredibly bitter. Can tell he hasn’t had a proper look at our squad or done his homework. He was on a sky sports panel last night with o’hara and Clinton Morrison and was pretty harsh on us if I’m honest. Obviously we’d struggle if we lost Maddison and Vardy, but so would every club in the league if you took out their two (of their) best players. 

Enjoyed listening to Clinton Morrison though, went and had a look at some other media work he’s done on us and is far better equipped to talk about Leicester city than most pundits. 

I get that the media is a product but all I ask is that they talk about us fairly having done their research. Most of them can’t even be bothered to see who we signed in the summer or who we have on the bench.

Problem is like or not Morrison has to

do his homework, be impressive and he gets re-hired for the gig. Merson can ramble on anything and he’s likely to be sat on Sky Sports the next saturday 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah, not really been picked up on. To evolve the team and club in the manner we have is incredible. It’s funny really you see all this ‘nonsense’ about top club - well if we pull off a second top four finish in a short spell of time, that’s top club criteria 

You only have to go through what clubs have finished top 6 in the last 15 years to see how amazing it is.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

On Merse, I think it started after he watched us play Arsenal off the park in the emirates (but lost 2-1) in the great escape season. He couldn't believe that a team rooted to the bottom of the league could outplay a team like Arsenal on their own patch like that. He changed his stance the following season and wrote us off constantly until March/April when we won the league. Bizarre.

9 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

On Merse, I think it started after he watched us play Arsenal off the park in the emirates (but lost 2-1) in the great escape season. He couldn't believe that a team rooted to the bottom of the league could outplay a team like Arsenal on their own patch like that. He changed his stance the following season and wrote us off constantly until March/April when we won the league. Bizarre.

Brighton a fvcked then.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I would have thought any of the FA Cups they won would be better than a 94th minute winner against us that ultimately meant nothing to them.

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wow! That’s actually a little bit strange. I can understand the emotion and excitement at the time, but ultimately it was irrelevant. It’s almost like they’ve still not realised it and the celebrations and post match photos were of a trophy winning team.

Bizarre!

It’s a bit like the Deeney goal in the play-off semifinal. Great football theatre, nice for Watford fans to remember and slightly painful for us. Balanced against the fact that the result, in time, was rendered absolutely meaningless. 

12 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Wow! That’s actually a little bit strange. I can understand the emotion and excitement at the time, but ultimately it was irrelevant. It’s almost like they’ve still not realised it and the celebrations and post match photos were of a trophy winning team.

Bizarre!

It’s a bit like the Deeney goal in the play-off semifinal. Great football theatre, nice for Watford fans to remember and slightly painful for us. Balanced against the fact that the result, in time, was rendered absolutely meaningless. 

Meaningless for Watford maybe, but for us I reckon it had a vital effect on our mentality the next season.

• Like 2

On 05/12/2019 at 15:01, Ric Flair said:

It really is, I remember when Rodgers Liverpool went on that 11 game winning run and they whole country was spaffing in their kegs about them. We're only a few games off that sequence and yet we aren't getting the same hype and I love it! Keep writing us off or ignoring us, it suits us. Keep abusing Vardy's missus, play in to our hands and we'll ruin you. What a season, what a club.

Yup. I’d prefer to work quietly and give some pundits some red faces at the end of the season. I’d like some good quality analysis but I often find better stuff online. I’m glad we’re run so well: pundits were happy to see us sell Kanté, Mahrez and Maguire to bigger clubs and we’re above all of them now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I would have thought any of the FA Cups they won would be better than a 94th minute winner against us that ultimately meant nothing to them.

Why pick something that people can universally agree with, when you can pick something controversial that will get people riled up. How many people will be talking about it and retweeting it if it was an FA Cup winning goal.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Meaningless for Watford maybe, but for us I reckon it had a vital effect on our mentality the next season.

Maybe, but we wouldn’t consider it our ‘moment of the decade’ would we? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm pretty sure the players said it did.