Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

You'd have to be pretty dense to sing about somebody not being Champions of England on a day they are remembering a manager who made them Champions of England.

I realise some of our songs are shit but that is a different level.

Think the point is that we didnt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Think the point is that we didnt.

I know, and the remembrance yesterday made it even more likely we wouldn't sing it.

2 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

they are a “massiv clerb”  

Ermahgerd... 

1v4bhs.jpg

Edited by Vacamion
  • Haha 3

We really need to stop posting whatever Spurs fans say about us, Spurs hate every club. Very very bitter fanbase, due to their spursiness. And honestly when you consider the spursiness, you can't really blame them. What a terrible club to support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I like how we’re apparently trying to create a rivalry when there’s mostly Spurs fans underneath the original tweet saying it’s very possible to dislike us.

Seems that’s always the first thing fans jump to now, “stop trying to force a rivalry with us”, saw it with some Villa fans yesterday as well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We really need to stop posting whatever Spurs fans say about us, Spurs hate every club. Very very bitter fanbase, due to their spursiness. And honestly when you consider the spursiness, you can't really blame them. What a terrible club to support.

This, if we keep on posting every moronic tweet about us this thread will be full of shite in a day.

This thread is for when people of consequence say something of interest, not nobodies tweeting irrelevance. I would include washed up has beens trying to generate clicks in that.

16 minutes ago, Yes said:

I like how we’re apparently trying to create a rivalry when there’s mostly Spurs fans underneath the original tweet saying it’s very possible to dislike us.

Seems that’s always the first thing fans jump to now, “stop trying to force a rivalry with us”, saw it with some Villa fans yesterday as well.

I think it’s a defensive mechanism 

• Like 1

Are we bringing back out the "We're all on our own" chant then? 

Been a while since we used it in the Championship days. 

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

ha ha!

I mean, even if we were singing "you'll never sing that" to VIlla, technically we're telling them that they will never win the league in the future, regardless of whether they won it a couple of times in the 1890's

Can't see what what the problem is. "You'll never sing that ....etc" is accurate.

None of them singing were probably born 40 years ago, and they ain't going win it on the next 40 years either

As the chant goes they live in the past like Forest. As somebody mentioned, Huddersfield Town have a better history than any midlands team, but they don't live in the past and accept that football has moved on. For the record Villa were poor at the weekend and on that showing are one of the worst two teams in the division.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

So it looks like the Ying and Yang are now in place and I've now got a 2nd club to follow... Wtf? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

So it looks like the Ying and Yang are now in place and I've now got a 2nd club to follow... Wtf? 

Hopefully Watford could be a new sister club :fc:

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hopefully Watford could be a new sister club :fc:

Weird siblingness.

LCFC: What was your standout moment of the decade? 

WFC: Beating you! 

LCFC : Oh... Ok. *rubs shiney trophies*

:cool:

Have you seen his speech to their first team on twitter? 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We should have changed that after we won the league to "Premier League champions, you'll never sing that."

Would have been great for three reasons:

1. Would have been accurate for muck like Huddersfield or whoever the hipsters like to remind you won the league. 

2. Would have really pissed off the FoOtbAlL dIdNt StArT iN 1992 melts. 

3. Would have been hilarious to sing to Liverpool at the time. 

I consider myself to be one of those melts…

never got my head around div 3 being league one....  utter nonsense…

Teams achievements prior to 92 were no less valid

3rd point is difficult to argue though :ph34r:

• Like 1

Interesting quote from the Liverpool Echo............

The side are over-performing in some areas to a level that isn't common, meaning that regression to what is normal will likely occur as the season progresses.

That's it Folks - we are going to crash and burn .............eventually.  Hopefully after Boxing Day. 

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The side are over-performing in some areas to a level that isn't common, meaning that regression to what is normal will likely occur as the season progresses.

That's it Folks - we are going to crash and burn .............eventually.  Hopefully after Boxing Day. 

They really are shitting themselves aren't they 🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

For a team that hasn't won the Premier league ever 46pts out of a possible 48pts indicates over performing, they keep performing like they have and the walk the league and rightly so. Putting down our performances plays down their own. As for rivalries we probably due to location don't have a local derby and also the general media do not get this East Midlands thing. We are not from Manchester, Merseyside, London the North East or Glasgow so clearly places like Leicester, Nottingham and Derby do not have the passion for football like these other "homes of football" 

Craig Butley and Steve Nicol are arguing over whether the title is over hahaha. ****ing hell why are there so many ex Liverpool players in the football media. It's like any player who pulled on  that red shirt is wheeled out as a pundit. Even Don Hutchinson is on our airwaves.

Cliff notes: Burley is saying 8 points is not impossible to claw back as proved by last season. Nicol is saying Leicester are no Man City so the league is over for all intent and purposes.

• Haha 1