Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

9 hours ago, January47 said:

First of all, congratulations to the players. Secondly to the fans.

We are on our way to become a more hated club.

We really are becoming big time.

This is the sort of content I live for. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Man City fan.

Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals.

Could there ever be a more Pot calling the kettle black than this quote?

Got a good point about our sh£t support in the eighties though

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I lasted a minute. I think I did well. 

Funny as gastric ulcers. Jesus christ. I think Vards handles these things pretty well, he's extremely good at dead pan.

But the writing and that woman were too cringe worthy by half. 

I sat through the whole thing waiting for the twist. Don't do it. Absolute toss.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

In the end?  Ben, there was only 13 games of the season left and we had the worst form for 2017 of any team in all four divisions.  

Imagine what it could be like now.  We're all excited because Leicester manager Neil Warnock has beaten Derby County to the signature of washed up Wayne Rooney as we hope to push on to the play offs this time.  Jamie Vardy wins the golden boot - with Arsenal, meanwhile Everton appoint Brendan Rodgers as their new manager...

'Who were relegated Premier League champions?' becomes a pub quiz question of the future.

Yep. We were without a doubt going down under him. I don't like what happened but I'd rather that than the other.

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Nobody else dead made up that we quietly seem to just be rattling every other fan base at the minute just by being ****ing better than them? This is what I’ve strived for since school - I’m like a pig in shit I love it. 

This. Absolutely this. 

• Like 1

Shithouse Leicester City :wub:

It was great in the championship when we had Burnley, QPR and Derby on strings 

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

Pretty much every teams support was shit in the 80s.

Absolutely spot on. Also we took hundreds and hundreds away who were mainly late teens and twenties how times have changed. 

I'm preaching to a partisan crowd here but that Man City fan got one thing right. You did overspend your way out of The Championship. And you were rightly (but lightly) punished for it. That's indisputable that you broke the rules unfortunately.

In fact yeah, your whole Premier League success afterwards has been tainted by it and they should take that title off you lol Bunch of cheating ****ers! :whistle:

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha the irony is, the year we pissed the league we spent a grand total of about 400k on Mahrez and a few free transfers. I don't know whether it was the Sven era that caused the FFP investigation but when you consider what Championship teams are doing ever since in the pursuit of the Prem I'm adamant we didn't do a lot wrong. 

We made a crass effort to cover the overspend up ....... if we’d done it better then we might have got away with it ! 

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Absolutely spot on. Also we took hundreds and hundreds away who were mainly late teens and twenties how times have changed. 

Almost entirely male too. Apart from Cliff Ginetta's wife.

Where were all these Grandmas (who follow us away now)  in the 80s? Some of them must've been relatively young at the time, like 50 or 60

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha the irony is, the year we pissed the league we spent a grand total of about 400k on Mahrez and a few free transfers. I don't know whether it was the Sven era that caused the FFP investigation but when you consider what Championship teams are doing ever since in the pursuit of the Prem I'm adamant we didn't do a lot wrong. 

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm preaching to a partisan crowd here but that Man City fan got one thing right. You did overspend your way out of The Championship. And you were rightly (but lightly) punished for it. That's indisputable that you broke the rules unfortunately.

In fact yeah, your whole Premier League success afterwards has been tainted by it and they should take that title off you lol Bunch of cheating ****ers! :whistle:

Gravel-throat Sean is that you?! 

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Where were all these Grandmas (who follow us away now)  in the 80s? Some of them must've been relatively young at the time, like 50 or 60

The thing is football has changed,  our away supporters certainly have but good luck to them, i can say hand on heart this is the best period for success and having a great team but wouldn't swop the proper 80s away days for anything .

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

97% of the home crowd was male

9 hours ago, murphy said:

In the end?  Ben, there was only 13 games of the season left and we had the worst form for 2017 of any team in all four divisions.  

Imagine what it could be like now.  We're all excited because Leicester manager Neil Warnock has beaten Derby County to the signature of washed up Wayne Rooney as we hope to push on to the play offs this time.  Jamie Vardy wins the golden boot - with Arsenal, meanwhile Everton appoint Brendan Rodgers as their new manager...

'Who were relegated Premier League champions?' becomes a pub quiz question of the future.

Imagine...  like a phoenix from the ashes, Claudio inspired a turnaround in his team so remarkable that they have gone onto win the quadruple twice in a row, unprecedented  success in the history of world football…. (he also won an Audi cup for good measure)

Whilst he was at it he solved world hunger and stopped Brexit…. Spurs were so demoralised that they are now in league one with Warnock as their manager…

We can all dream Dave :beer: 

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Pretty much every teams support was shit in the 80s.

Crowds were significantly down nationwide in the eighties sure.Loads Of social and economic reasons for that.However our support lagged way behind even the likes of Norwich and Ipswich.Let alone your Man City’s,Newcastle’s Leeds and Sheff Weds.Who weren’t all having the best of times, yet still nearly got double or nearly treble our usual home attendances.They pissed all over our away support aswell.Add Wolves to that list.

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The wage bill contributed to that overspend I’d have thought.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Well however true that may be at least we didn't need to sell our soul to a dodgy arrangement with an agent to get us out of the league unlike some club did. All our players were acquired by our own efforts rather than by some underhand method.lol

• Like 1

Our very own Matt will come in here and say we are forcing a rivalry with Everton (like Sunderland, Wolves etc) when in reality its once again coming from Everton. The vitriol and anger and hatred is very one sided. 

I laugh at Everton fans but the feed the scouser bit is kinda cringey.

9 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Got a good point about our sh£t support in the eighties though

Nothing wrong with our away support in the 80's.

We regularly took 5000-7000 to Forest, Derby, Cov (and Notts County).

We had a good following in most Cup ties (especially FA Cup ties).

In the League, we took 10,000 to Orient (in 1980) and 9,000 to Fulham (in 1983).   Plenty of other good away turnout's as well.

Admittedly, home crowd in the mid 80's were dire.   But then so were lots of others too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Nothing wrong with our away support in the 80's.

We regularly took 5000-7000 to Forest, Derby, Cov (and Notts County).

We had a good following in most Cup ties (especially FA Cup ties).

In the League, we took 10,000 to Orient (in 1980) and 9,000 to Fulham (in 1983).   Plenty of other good away turnout's as well.

Admittedly, home crowd in the mid 80's were dire.   But then so were lots of others too.

I think the ongoing threat of violence contributed, i know it did for me and my kids, well that and the cost as there were no freebie tickets for kids back then.

• Like 1

FFP is a massive load of contrived shite.  No reason why an owners shouldn't put their cash in as long as it is equity not debt.  They always have, and Man City is as much an example of that as anyone.