Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

This the most entertaining thing I've seen recently. Steve Nicol is seething because the other fella dares to pick a non Liverpool player  basically 

Good God, it's like a petulant child. I'm not really entertained by that, I must say.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

This the most entertaining thing I've seen recently. Steve Nicol is seething because the other fella dares to pick a non Liverpool player  basically 

What a knob head

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

What an absolute prat that guy is. 

12 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

And he was a average player.

He won Football Writers' Player Of The Year in 1989 for what it's worth. Still comes across as a miserable WUM though.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Nicol was a very good player but now he represents the corrupt scenario football and punditry is in the U.K. It doesn't matter how thick or biased you are, if you played for a traditionally big club you are pretty much guaranteed a share of the jobs for the boys cash cow. Most of these clowns won't even respect one-another's, or anyone else's opinions. 

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

Can't wait to watch this when I get home from work. How was he suggesting was picked instead? Firimino? lol 

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He won Football Writers' Player Of The Year in 1989 for what it's worth. Still comes across as a miserable WUM though.

On top of that over 300 appearances for Liverpool and 4 league titles + 1 European Cup.

Nicol is snother ex LFC player wheeled out in the media. So many of them. 

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't wait to watch this when I get home from work. How was he suggesting was picked instead? Firimino? lol 

Mane. Even though Mane has 9 goals and Vardy has 17. His argument is Mane is a better player. But Nicol acted like the other guy picked Benteke or something lol

I like Mane btw. Felt he didnt get the credit he deserved last season.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Mane. Even though Mane has 9 goals and Vardy has 17. His argument is Mane is a better player. 

Yeah, I've always liked Mane. If I had to pick a front three in the PL he'd be on the left without doubt.

Pearsons is the only sacking you can regard as brutal as it had nothing to do with football & was an incident that didnt involve him, you could put the first time he left as well there even though he wasn't technically sacked. Ranieri was sacked because we were close to going down and hed lost the players, I'd even say shakey is more harsh than ranners as I dont think he got a fair crack of the whip 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Mane. Even though Mane has 9 goals and Vardy has 17. His argument is Mane is a better player. 

Hope someone pointed out that's wasn't the question, it was who have been the best players so far this season.

If it as who's the best we'd pick the same players each time. I'm sure at his best De Gea is the best keeper, but he's not making the mid-season team.

12 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Nicol was a very good player but now he represents the corrupt scenario football and punditry is in the U.K. It doesn't matter how thick or biased you are, if you played for a traditionally big club you are pretty much guaranteed a share of the jobs for the boys cash cow. Most of these clowns won't even respect one-another's, or anyone else's opinions. 

Saw John Aldridge have a dig at Wolves fans yesterday. The grammar and punctuations were all over the place. I cringe at many of these ex pros.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Saw John Aldridge have a dig at Wolves fans yesterday. The grammar and punctuations were all over the place. I cringe at many of these ex pros.

What a condescending tweet.

I used to watch this comic caper of a show a while back but don’t miss it one bit. Nicol always has been a blatantly biased liverpool pundit. In recent years he’s become more obnoxious and ignorant as Liverpool have started winning titles. He’s completely useless for commenting on anything other than his beloved team. Espn imo should just bring him on for special appearances but I’m guessing they keep him in for the pure shock value of entertainment. Until he upsets viewers and hurt ratings that is. That performance was shameful and disrespectful to the other pundit as well as viewers! So childish. Shaka hislop and that Moreno guy are also annoying self important jerks too but Nicolas takes the biscuit. Only Craig Burley is gobby enough to stand up to them all. Don’t always agree with him but atleast he gives Leicester credit when it’s due and holds his ground.

(Here’s an example from an older episode)

episode