Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He's completely right. People just misunderstanding what he's saying and over reacting because that's what this thread is. 

We're in a really weird position where to improve the squad we need the kind of genuine quality that you either unearth as a hidden gem or you attract because you're already a CL contender team. 

We need to convince quality players that we're the real deal before we've actually crossed the line. 

Plus, he's also right you risk upsetting what you've already got with January moves. Especially if you bring in players that expect to play, ie players of the above mentioned calibre. 

We're not too bad at that: Knockaert, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire, Soyuncu, Evans, Maddison, Tielemans etc.  I know I'm taking a bit of a liberty with a couple of those, and yes we've made our fair share of howlers too, but our scouts have proven fairly adept over the years at identifying players with the quality to take our game up a level and who, in most of those cases, the sort of teams we're competing with in the transfer market aren't going in for for whatever reason.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2019 at 19:34, Legend_in_blue said:

Just read this on the BBC.

image.png

You know that being a team which has benefited most from VAR actually means you've been unfairly treated by referees right?

So Liverpool have actually been badly treated by refereeing decisions this season.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

We're not too bad at that: Knockaert, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire, Soyuncu, Evans, Maddison, Tielemans etc.  I know I'm taking a bit of a liberty with a couple of those, and yes we've made our fair share of howlers too, but our scouts have proven fairly adept over the years at identifying players with the quality to take our game up a level and who, in most of those cases, the sort of teams we're competing with in the transfer market aren't going in for for whatever reason.

hmmm...

As likeable as he is, i’m not sure why Knockaert deserves to be in such illustrious company... i mean he’s plying his trade in the championship after struggling to get regular games in the prem.

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

hmmm...

As likeable as he is, i’m not sure why Knockaert deserves to be in such illustrious company... i mean he’s plying his trade in the championship after struggling to get regular games in the prem.

Yeah he's not adapted to the Premier League nearly as well as the other names on that list but I include him because at the time his signing gave our game another dimension so for me it fits the criteria.  It's not his fault that subsequent signings proved even more remarkably successful!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CityIsBlue said:

You know that being a team which has benefited most from VAR actually means you've been unfairly treated by referees right?

So Liverpool have actually been badly treated by refereeing decisions this season.

Not true. The ref gave the Mané dive as a penalty against us. VAR backed him up. This will go down as a “For” in that column. Same with the Soyüncü hand ball.

It’d only mean teams were harshly or positively treated by officials if VAR overturned decisions. Like Nacho’s against Everton.

Edited by Phube
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phube said:

Not true. The ref gave the Mané dive as a penalty against us. VAR backed him up. This will go down as a “For” in that column. Same with the Soyüncü hand ball.

It’d only mean teams were harshly or positively treated by officials if VAR overturned decisions. Like Nacho’s against Everton.

That table is overturns only

58 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah he's not adapted to the Premier League nearly as well as the other names on that list but I include him because at the time his signing gave our game another dimension so for me it fits the criteria.  It's not his fault that subsequent signings proved even more remarkably successful!

Apparently the club were very concerned about having a riot on their hands when we got rid. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

that’s already made my day that has lol

4 hours ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Apparently the club were very concerned about having a riot on their hands when we got rid. 

I dont understand.

In truth, i loved him, but lacked the sharpness needed for Prem

when you prepare your work before the bank holiday and forget that life continues whilst your not there ..well done premier league !

ECD37357-C2D6-4669-A9E5-5AE27C936014.thumb.jpeg.16da5e6eecff029d4c399932eefe8829.jpeg

Edited by st albans fox

80m! lol

When Utd bring in an attacking manager who wants to play a high line Maguire is going to get exposed even more. 

9 hours ago, MPH said:

hmmm...

Because he did more than a job for us.

And don't forget Mahrez was not yet on the scene..and also took time after his signing,to become a crowd favourite..

9 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Surely it depends if the ref got the decision right / wrong in the first place.

In some instances, it’s about what it hasn’t overturned when it should have done.

9 hours ago, MPH said:

hmmm...

Brighton players included him in the team

of the decade ..... 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You never heard his chant oz?

:) "I just dont think you understand"  ;) 

• Like 1

That Maguire vid only highlights the lack of option their midfield gives. He holds onto the ball and shields for so long, but his only option is still the player out wide on the other side of the pitch. (Even worse, said player pools himself when an Arsenal player closed him down.) 

He was caught in possession because there was no one showing for him. United are in an awful state.

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Red Cafe are not too impressed...

I think we all knew that potentially this could have happened, and it has.

20200102_010103.jpg

20200102_005931.jpg

20200102_010008.jpg

We did this. Leicester City did this to the biggest and wealthiest club in the land. 

beautiful. 

• Like 2