Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Meanwhile in a parallel universe ....

F7F92202-64B7-4D30-B26C-3505CBB6B671.thumb.jpeg.a65df6fbb8d6d090261d42e9541e1408.jpeg

i can't stop rolling with how many laughs i'm having over that. almost rivalling neymar

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Savage has changed his tune wasn’t long ago he was acting like he was a fan of the club lol 

• Like 3

Andy Impy was better than Savage. I liked Savage because he was easy to spot - and he did run around a lot.

24 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Savage moaning about the sour way it ended.

It ended that way because he was a right dick when he played against us.

He forgot to mention that.

I remember him kissing the badge,  I think it was for Birmingham when they played us, that’s what upset the Leicester fans ,but I can’t remember why he left on bad terms, to be honest I didn’t realise he did

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Was it something to do with him taking a dump in the referees toilet and being fined 2 weeks wages?

He used this as an excuse, but he told the club he didnt want to leave then at the first opportunity forced his way out.

As with most of the clubs he left he fell out with most of the players at the end too.

He’s an utter bellend. Didn’t like him when he played for us, dislike him even more now he doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Katy said:

He’s an utter bellend. Didn’t like him when he played for us, dislike him even more now he doesn't.

Actually really liked him when he played for us, but the man has turned out to be a pr..k but hey ho.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Savage has only ever been a fan of himself, was an ok player but well behind Muzzy and Lennon, Parker was also better too.

From what you read and hear, even he says it himself, he's not bothered about the team harmony unless he's ok. He admitted he pissed around in training when he wanted to leave Birmingham for Blackburn and he did an article on the BBC detailing how you force a transfer.

He did a good job for us but I don't see him as a legend or a hero.

4 hours ago, dayday said:

I remember him kissing the badge,  I think it was for Birmingham when they played us, that’s what upset the Leicester fans ,but I can’t remember why he left on bad terms, to be honest I didn’t realise he did

I liked him up to that moment, what a dick he was doing that in front of the fans who’d supported him.

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He used this as an excuse, but he told the club he didnt want to leave then at the first opportunity forced his way out.

As with most of the clubs he left he fell out with most of the players at the end too.

I always liked him and met him briefly off duty once and was far from the big mouth character he gives off. Quite reserved.

At City, I think the senior players used to give him a hard time - Elliott, Tags etc. Plus O'Neil used to belittle him daily with faint praise 'best player with no ability' type barbs. 

Edited to add I found his affected farmer's accent on the radio a bit odd. Certainly didn't have it in them days

Edited by Paninistickers

17 hours ago, Yes said:

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Savage has changed his tune wasn’t long ago he was acting like he was a fan of the club lol 

It’s a two way street to be fair . I don’t think many City fans hold treasured memories of his performances for the club. And I’m struggling to recall anything much of note from his career here save for reportedly taking a dump in the referee’s khazi 

Edited by surrifox

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I always liked him and met him briefly off duty once and was far from the big mouth character he gives off. Quite reserved.

At City, I think the senior players used to give him a hard time - Elliott, Tags etc. Plus O'Neil used to belittle him daily with faint praise 'best player with no ability' type barbs. 

As a player O’Neill had been told by Clough that his job was to win the ball and then give it ASAP to the guy who could play football ( Robertson I believe) . He used that on Savage apparently and it went down badly 

17 hours ago, Yes said:

Why would Savage come out and say he likes it here given he was booed everytime he returned as a player.

I was young at the time but I was at the Birmingham game when he returned and tried to get Elliott sent off, not that it means much as he was on a different team then, but I can't remember him kissing their badge.

He is very good on 606 though and makes it a good listen.

Edited by Fox92

Let be honest, if you come though the same academy class as Giggs, Butt, Beckham, Scholes and the Neville's your always gone have a little chip on your shoulder! 

Let's be honest if your recalling the MON year's he's not in the top 20 players of that era! 

This is what I’m talking about when I say he’s changed his tune, he’ll change his mind again soon no doubt.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Why would Savage come out and say he likes it here given he was booed everytime he returned as a player.

I was young at the time but I was at the Birmingham game when he returned and tried to get Elliott sent off, not that it means much as he was on a different team then, but I can't remember him kissing their badge.

He is very good on 606 though and makes it a good listen.

The badge kissing was at St Andrews but it was following pure abuse from the City crowd.

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2020 at 10:26, yorkie1999 said:

One of the greatest things online. It's what the internet was invented for. Never get tired of listen to this. Real life Alan Partridge.