Jump to content
Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Because most of Sky / Rob Dorsett's updates are from this forum. I imagine certain people on here could start a rumour in the transfer section and it would be within the mainstream media within a day or to. 

I’d love to see this theory tested out.

pick a random player, start a thread and a couple of other posters claim to be ITK,

could we get a story onto sky sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure it’s necessarily true that KP has “invested heavily” in the club in more recent years (see Swiss Ramble thread from yesterday on Twitter).

 

With the caveat of course that, when it comes to the training ground, KP has lent us £91m which they want paying back over the next six years (presumably with interest).

 

That’s an payment average of £15m per season, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the payments are front-loaded (i.e. more like £20/25m might be due in this first season).

 

When you bear this in mind, I think once our business is done we’ll be around par for the past few seasons.

 

Lots of people are prepared to praise the long-term thinking behind the training ground whilst still operating under the impression it doesn’t require sacrifices to pay for it.

 

(And yes, I’m aware infrastructure spending does not count towards FFP but I am talking about general sustainability rather than compliance with those rules).

Edited by leicesterseddon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, davieG said:

@Babylon did this and it did end up in the media, at least that's how i remember it.

 

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d love to see this theory tested out.

pick a random player, start a thread and a couple of other posters claim to be ITK,

could we get a story onto sky sports.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I thought it was @Manwell Pablo linking us with Lewandowski, made The Sunday People iIrc. 

Probably did as well, @Babylon acknowledge my post so he agrees with my memory. I just think it shows a lot of stuff posted on here re LCFC, especially from foreign reports ends up in the English media and more so the Merc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Maybe it's £32million down upto 40 with add ons. Both would be technically correct. Does it really matter? 

Maybe that's the answer, but that's not the only potential inaccuracy Rob Dorsett appears to spout. See @Ric Flair's post above mine for more.

But maybe it's not the answer. That's why I asked Geoff what his opinion was on it.

Do you really have to butt in and question the validity of my question to Geoff on a football forum designed for discussing such things? No wonder you have so many posts.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

 

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

 

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

 

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

 

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

Palace are pretty bad for it too and they seem to be actively recruiting this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

 

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

 

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

I think you're right.

 

Seems to me theres two challenges:

1. Our current wage bill and about 5 players taking home about 15m a year who dont contribute much. So getting rid of them is key.

2. The prices we're being quoted whilst knowing that some teams will need cash, particularly the European leagues and some English clubs like Burnley (if they want to bring in new players certainly).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think you're right.

 

Seems to me theres two challenges:

1. Our current wage bill and about 5 players taking home about 15m a year who dont contribute much. So getting rid of them is key.

2. The prices we're being quoted whilst knowing that some teams will need cash, particularly the European leagues and some English clubs like Burnley (if they want to bring in new players certainly).

These players will go late in the window, teams who want them on loan are usually happy to see us pick up another few weeks wages and then take them near deadline day. I think Spurs will get desperate and pay £5-6m for Slimani

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These players will go late in the window, teams who want them on loan are usually happy to see us pick up another few weeks wages and then take them near deadline day. I think Spurs will get desperate and pay £5-6m for Slimani

lol Not a chance. You really think that Levy will be willing to pay up to £6m for a player he knows we are desperate to get off our wage bill? We'll be doing well to get rid of him for free and not having to contribute towards his wages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

lol Not a chance. You really think that Levy will be willing to pay up to £6m for a player he knows we are desperate to get off our wage bill? We'll be doing well to get rid of him for free and not having to contribute towards his wages.

Honestly I think they will, they were trying to get us to terminate his loan deal in January so they could buy him. They'll run out of ideas and come in for Slimani.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Markyblue said:

The brotherhood response there .👍

Tbf, you could class it as click ait, but other than the in depth discussions on here, the rest of the numb nut plebs out there haven't had anything as in depth to explain it to them. You j ow, the ones who believed it was gospel that we were signing coutinho cos they read it in The Sun! 

 

So, on that basis, I'm going to cut Dorset some Slack despite "laughing" at @UpTheLeagueFox Post, and liking @Ric FlairFlair response calling Dorsett a pratt. 

 

And there in a nutshell is the inconsistency of man and my "easily led" nature

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 87fox said:

Maybe that's the answer, but that's not the only potential inaccuracy Rob Dorsett appears to spout. See @Ric Flair's post above mine for more.

But maybe it's not the answer. That's why I asked Geoff what his opinion was on it.

Do you really have to butt in and question the validity of my question to Geoff on a football forum designed for discussing such things? No wonder you have so many posts.

Over reaction much? 

 

I know people tend to have polarised opinions on here but if my memory serves me right @webbo is not generally one of them. 

 

Note to you, this is not a 1990s chat room. It is a message board, and as such comments breed more. Comments from others. 

 

May I recommend direct message if you don't want anyone else involved in "your conversation" 

 

🤣🤪😘

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Babylon said:

@webbo

 

I made up a name of a fictional Nigerian Under 21 player and got it in the People and a few others. 
 

Many many moons ago! 

@Bert similarly said kebe was at the training ground once 😱😱😱😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

 

I actually just dipped in here around the time and even told. People to go there due to excellent itk's. 

 

I looked a right tit and learned quickly to take these things with a pinch of salt. (after waiting in the wings til he said something I disagreed with and having a right strop/pop at him 🤪

 

I think I might even have nearly gotten over it (this post is one of my 12 steps 😱😤😂

 

(I actually think I got over it this week when someone had a right go at him for it recently and he replied that he had more important things in his life. Final step. Peace out @Bert 😂😘 gthey say forgiving someone is the greatest gift we can give to ourself. Thanks for the counselling people) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Over reaction much? 

 

I know people tend to have polarised opinions on here but if my memory serves me right @webbo is not generally one of them. 

 

Note to you, this is not a 1990s chat room. It is a message board, and as such comments breed more. Comments from others. 

 

May I recommend direct message if you don't want anyone else involved in "your conversation" 

 

🤣🤪😘

I feel like you're missing the point, or maybe I didn't make it very well – which is very possible.

I'm well aware that comments breed more comments. If someone replies to one of your posts (if they could make any sense of them) dismissing it by saying 'does it really matter?' it's not particularly a) constructive to the ongoing conversation or b) inclusive or welcoming for others who don't post on the forum regularly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Webbo said:

If Rob Dorsett said we were going to sign Messi I guarantee there'd be a 40 page thread in the transfer section by tonight, saying he cost too much, where we'd play him, whether he was too old etc. We're all here for something to talk about, none of us are too fussy about the truth. I take everything I hear from the papers with a pinch of salt, doesn't mean I don't like reading it. 

Clubs have no reason to blab about their transfer activity to the media, expect the odd exception clubs who have attention-seeking idiots as owners / managers. I think most of the stuff we read in the 'papers (and, being realistic, Ghanaian sports websites) is placed there by players' agents. Ergo, a lot of it is speculative rubbish but, occasionally, it will be right. Transfer Talk has correctly foretold the signings of most of our players - including Cambiasso; but for every rumour that has come to fruition, there are six or seven that don't. I suppose the fun is just trying to figure out which ones actually are credible. We're never going to have a lot of actual facts to go on, because very few of the journalists have any serious level of inside knowledge. This is not because they're not good at the job, but because clubs actively try to keep details quiet (obviously).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Babylon said:

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

 

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

 

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

Sorry to be pedantic but.... 🤣

 

Just the first paragraph - the loan wouldn't exist if we had spent all of our money? I get the follow up paragraphs and good business etc. But what am I missing in the 1st? We wouldn't need a loan if we were skint? We only got a loan because we are loaded? 

This is the opposite of how I understand life 😱🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...