Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

I know it doesn't work like that but he'd benefit massively from staying here a while. The ability to get on with the job with less pressure must help, he's on a huge wage anyway with his own staff in place.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It will be Pochettino because he's out of work and they won't have to pay a huge release fee which will be in place for Rodgers. But he is right in that Rodgers would be brilliant for them. They always produce great players from their academy and Rodgers would have them playing great stuff and getting results in no time at all.

I feel like the club that made the biggest mistake with Rodgers was Arsenal, who replaced Arsene Wenger with Unai Emery. They could have got Rodgers that summer but didn't even interview him. We got him 6 months later and the trajectory of both clubs since has been remarkable. 

Rodgers would have been an idiot to go there with the ownership and front office staff they have in place. An absolute minefield. It really is about timing.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It will be Pochettino because he's out of work and they won't have to pay a huge release fee which will be in place for Rodgers. But he is right in that Rodgers would be brilliant for them. They always produce great players from their academy and Rodgers would have them playing great stuff and getting results in no time at all.

I feel like the club that made the biggest mistake with Rodgers was Arsenal, who replaced Arsene Wenger with Unai Emery. They could have got Rodgers that summer but didn't even interview him. We got him 6 months later and the trajectory of both clubs since has been remarkable. 

I think potch has a 20 million quid gardening leave fee, might be wrong, but he may go PSG

On 05/11/2020 at 10:10, Nalis said:

Hopefully being an ex Liverpool manager would stop this happening so not too concernedfor now, wouldnt be popular with Man Utd fans for that reason either.

You mean like utd and lfc would not join forces to start a super league plan to fvck up the prem.

You really think yank owners care who managers and players have managed or played for. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Could someone post the John Percy piece from the Torygraph?

If you signup for free you get 1 free article a month. I tried for you but I must have used my article already this month.

• Thanks 1

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-losers-grealish-solksjaer-arsenal

Leicester City and Tottenham

Grouped together after 1-0 wins that took them into the top two, but grouped together for many more reasons than the scoreline alone. Leicester City and Tottenham are winning games in which they aren’t playing well, fluctuating between grinding out victories and blowing teams away in the second half (5-2 vs Southampton for Spurs, 5-2 vs Manchester City for Leicester). Both have managers who are desperate to prove that they still belong amongst the absolute elite after spells at Premier League title challengers went sour.

They’re also grouped together because of the identical caveats. Leicester and Spurs have each played two fixtures against teams that sit within five points of the summit, and they both won and lost one each of those two games. They also both won handsomely away at a Manchester club as an emphatic retort to the supposedly gentle fixture list.

Finally, both clubs face a run of tricky fixtures that will help to determine just how high to set the bar for this season. Tottenham have Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Leicester in their next six games. Leicester have Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton and Tottenham in their next seven. Get through that schedule largely unscathed and we might have to consider both teams as title hopefuls in what already appears to be a unique Premier League season. Both have already earned the label of realistic Champions League qualifiers.

Interesting... we’re mentioned as a title contender, plus notice how there are seven managers in the top photo, including...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12128133/premier-league-state-of-play-title-race-talk-relegation-candidates-and-more

Maybe I need to give Sky Sports a bit of credit here (I rarely do). Ok, so we’re the fifth team mentioned as title contenders, almost like we’re an afterthought, but at least we’ve not been dismissed.