Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely . The unquantifiable component however is legacy and that matters when you’ve got all the money you can spend . Maguire has gone from being broadly admired as a worthy defender (with us ) to to the biggest waste of money in the history of the club ( to Man U supporters) , to a twat getting his collar felt in a foreign nightclub ( to the general public) and a laughable fraudulent white goods appliance ( to every other Prem Club supporter) 

That’s got to hurt 

I'm sure the extra £100k a week softens the blow.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Maguire's playing in the Champions league, he's a first choice for England and he doubled his wages. Similarly Mahrez has doubled his wages and he has league and cup medals to show for his move. I seriously doubt either of them think they've committed career suicide.

It's not about what the players think. The fact of the matter is that neither of those players have moved onto the "next level" in a footballing sense by leaving us. Maguire has regressed since leaving us and Mahrez may have doubled his wages, but his skills haven't progressed to the "next level".

Going back to my original point, I personally think Tielemans has a chance of becoming a world class player for us, he doesn't need to leave to reach the "next level".

• Thanks 1

Maguire, Mahrez.... Tielemans ...

The best way to ensure that we keep these players is to demonstrate we can qualify for the Champions League or challenge to on a regular basis. We also have to win some silverware. We have to demonstrate that they don't need to move to be at the “next level”

That’s why it was so disappointing that we missed out on CL last season when so well placed. We all scoffed when players were linked to the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal last season, but ultimately the former finished above us and qualified for the Champions League and the latter won the FA Cup. 

Before them Kante left and won the league again. Mahrez left and won the league and other silverware and Drinkwater ....... is the exception to prove the rule.

Qualify for CL and/or win trophies = keeping your best players. But it’s bloody hard, which is why it rarely happens and when it does - you’ve got to do it again. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Love these photos of both stadiums close together. Can’t wait for another photo like this once the stadium expansion is done. :cool:

Still sad to see the filbert street outline mind you :(

Some of the replies are pretty funny, Chelsea, Anfield & Everton.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

It's not about what the players think. The fact of the matter is that neither of those players have moved onto the "next level" in a footballing sense by leaving us. Maguire has regressed since leaving us and Mahrez may have doubled his wages, but his skills haven't progressed to the "next level".

Going back to my original point, I personally think Tielemans has a chance of becoming a world class player for us, he doesn't need to leave to reach the "next level".

They’ve moved onto the next level career wise - bigger clubs and way larger earnings .... it’s a job for these guys - vardy is very much the exception I’m afraid .....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They’ve moved onto the next level career wise - bigger clubs and way larger earnings .... it’s a job for these guys - vardy is very much the exception I’m afraid .....

I don't know, maybe Vardy was the smart one. If he'd gone to Arsenal he'd probably have been binned off by now and ended up at Burnley or Palace or in the championship. Nobody would risk big money on someone his age. I do think he has maximised his earnings by staying put.

Drinkwater had a big fat contract, but he won't get another. Mahrez is a funny one I'm still not sure he made the right decision. He'll probably end up at PSG and make a tidy sum but never really live up to his potential. Maguire could go either way, new manager will either bin him off or turn his fortunes round. Chilwell will do well for himself at Chelsea.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Isn't really anything incorrect about what he's said there tbh.

Didn't realise that about the chance creation as well, not ideal.

On 18/11/2020 at 18:25, Fox in the North said:

Love these photos of both stadiums close together. Can’t wait for another photo like this once the stadium expansion is done. :cool:

Still sad to see the filbert street outline mind you :(

Are they ever going to fully redevelop that area, or not? :P 

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

Any statto's out there able to work out how many shots from open play we had vs Man City and Arsenal away and Wolves at home last season? I'm not overly concerned by this stat right now, we've shut up shop against teams we have been notoriously poor against over the years and the penalties we have got (almost all of them valid even after relying on VAR) have in some cases allowed us to get a stranglehold on games and then shut the game down for the win.

I'd expect us to push harder in attack if and when we need to and against weaker opposition that we are going to face over the coming weeks. We have been exceptional away from home and only played once at home in the league since the West Ham and Villa debacles, I think these stats on paper look a concern but having watched our games and consider past performances against the same or similar teams and our need to play a certain way due to a lot of injuries (most of which are about to return) then there's plenty of caveats to put on this.

I'll be more than happy if we register 5 open play shots on Sunday, that'll probably means we'll have scored at least twice and throw another peno in for good measure 😂

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

What a goal- amazing that it wasn't even the best one we scored that night. 

His army of supporters don't seem to be too pleased with Man City and Pep in the comments, glad we got rid of them lol

I do miss Mahrez’s brilliance, such A great player.

• Like 2