Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Carragher is right. Need to play with more width. They've got 9 players bunched up in front of the centre of the penalty area. Playing through that is virtually impossible. Even Arsenal, who are a very strong attacking team at home, had only 7 shots against them a week or so ago. You've really got to get the first goal against Newcastle. 

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Reminder that we finished 11 POINTS ahead of them. 11 points. Reality is there was no real title race. After March we cruised it. 

Why do other fans always forgot we won it by 10 point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They will only ask that question until they finally win it themselves.

... so that bit about "forever" is literally true innit  :)

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

funny thing is it that people genuinely believe that. like the spurs fan said, they had nothing to bottle. were just competition up until they draw against west brom. never even top during that season.

8 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Why do the Merc need to write that? Here, Leicester City fans, your side has just lost, so here's a load of giddy Geordies rubbing it in...great, cheers.

Because the Mercury is nothing more than a click bait website now. They don't care about anyone or anything, whether it's worthy of reporting or not. It's about clicks and advertising revenue.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Because the Mercury is nothing more than a click bait website now. They don't care about anyone or anything, whether it's worthy of reporting or not. It's about clicks and advertising revenue.

That's why I try to copy and paste but it's not always easy and i don't feel guilty either because I'm convinced they look on here for potential stories and rumours etc.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

That's why I try to copy and paste but it's not always easy and i don't feel guilty either because I'm convinced they look on here for potential stories and rumours etc.

That’s absurd.

Also, FYI, I’m ITK on this, apparently Mahrez wants to come home.... :ph34r:

Gone down in standards since they moved from the Mercury building in town. Used to pride itself in being the source for local news. Now just a clickbait

• Like 2

The Leicester Mercury has, sadly, become a victim of lazy/poor journalism.

Since the key editors were told to go a few years ago,the quality of articles has declined in general.

I suspect if you talk to the journalists, particularly the ones around before it became clickbait central, they wouldn't say they were delighted at the way things have gone.

I'm sure they recently did an article listing 10 reasons why Leicester was awful or something like that. It's the quota-filling rubbish, locking onto popular things and wringing as many stories as possible out of it. I blame the system they're working under, not the journalists themselves.

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I suspect if you talk to the journalists, particularly the ones around before it became clickbait central, they wouldn't say they were delighted at the way things have gone.

I'm sure they recently did an article listing 10 reasons why Leicester was awful or something like that. It's the quota-filling rubbish, locking onto popular things and wringing as many stories as possible out of it. I blame the system they're working under, not the journalists themselves.

they have these 10 things/5 things etc every other week. often repeated in the following month again!