Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Save The Marks Electrical Mural

A new one wouldn't be the same for me, I visited that one when it was still the most prominent thought in my mind and so close to when it happened. It would be like moving a burial of a loved one. A new one would just be that a new one meh!

• Like 4

I just found this https://www.change.org/p/leicester-city-council-save-the-marks-electrical-mural?recruiter=893924413&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

https://www.change.org/p/leicester-city-council-save-the-marks-electrical-mural?recruiter=893924413&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lcfc_1 said:

I just found this https://www.change.org/p/leicester-city-council-save-the-marks-electrical-mural?recruiter=893924413&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

https://www.change.org/p/leicester-city-council-save-the-marks-electrical-mural?recruiter=893924413&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Signed, also shared elsewhere

7 hours ago, Marks Electrical said:

Hi, thanks for taking an interest in the mural. The tweet being referenced was just referring to environmental protection from the elements, which we get asked about from time to time and not protection from the mural being taken down. Please read our recent press release below concerning this matter. Thanks.

“We understand that there has been speculation on social media about the sale of the Marks Electrical showroom on King Richards road. We understand that people are rightly concerned about the future of our famous ‘Wall of Champions’ which commemorates Leicester’s thrilling Premier League win.

It's great to see the passion in Leicester for the city (and the football team) and we share that passion of course, which was why we commissioned the mural in the first place.

It is true that we will be relocating the showroom to new premises and that we are looking for a buyer for the current showroom. Although we have had a few enquiries, we do not have a definite buyer at present.

We are making it very clear to anyone who wishes to buy the building that the mural is a local treasure and a source of great pride to the city. We firmly believe that it would be in everyone’s best interests if the mural was to stay as it is.

Once we have located a buyer and there is any more news to share, we will be sure to share it. Thanks for the concern – it’s appreciated.

Here’s hoping we can commission another mural at our new place at the end of this season!”

Marks Electrical

Well put.

May I ask where you'll be relocating to?

Have heard the company has had strong performances in recent times and hope it continues.

I was confused by Marks Electrical being labeled as a 'new member with 1 post' - I'm sure they were posting on the original thread two years ago. I tried to find the thread using the search facility with key words 'mural' and then 'king richards', and nothing came up - I started panicking, thinking that a historic thread had disappeared! So I took a circuitous route via my own profile to see what I had repped - and finally got it:

This video at the end of the thread is so good:

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Well put.

May I ask where you'll be relocating to?

Have heard the company has had strong performances in recent times and hope it continues.

Hi, we'll be relocating to our HQ complex which is close to the Beaumont Shopping Centre. It's where our 'Click & Collect' currently is. We'll put out an official press release when we move. The website will stay as it is.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...