Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Understood.

Although I don’t see it as a way to improve our league position; quite the contrary; last year and this should have been the time to let him try and improve but not  at our expense in PL league games. A good club at the top level sends them out on loan elsewhere to do that, and if lessons have been learnt then they get to play at this level.

This aspect of this club seems second rate to me.

We loaned him out to Huddersfield and I don't see Tottenham, for example (a good side with younger players) loaning too many of theirs out. Don't really get this.

• Like 4

Remember when Sessegnon was the next greatest left sided player to grace English football and was going to rip it up this year from the get go?  

just shows people need to give players a chance and time in this league.. Chilwell well get better and better.

Edited by les-tah

I really liked his run when he drove into the box and had a good effort on goal, he needs to do that more often as he carries the ball so well, do that a couple of times a game it'll open up other options for him when on those runs

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I really liked his run when he drove into the box and had a good effort on goal, he needs to do that more often as he carries the ball so well, do that a couple of times a game it'll open up other options for him when on those runs

he didnt see the pass to nacho, the difference between players and great players, still time to learn though.

6 hours ago, treer said:

he didnt see the pass to nacho, the difference between players and great players, still time to learn though.

If Chilwell ever become a a great player he will be signed by Chelsea or Man Utd.

He's a good player a d more than good enough to be playing for us.

Thing with full backs is there aren't many of them who a great at defending. Off the top of my head I can only think of Azpilicueta in this league who is a brilliant full back and can actually defend. Even Walker/Rose/Trippier etc have some defensive deficiencies.

I think we need to re-evaluate what we want from our academy products and young players in general. I hope people aren't expecting Gray to become Gareth Bale esque before they fully rate him.

• Like 1

Chilwell is improving but he still has one golden clanger a game which will probably translate to 5 conceded goals in a season. Be it a pass across the area intercepted, a pass back to no one in particular that could be intercepted or losing the ball in a tackle near to the penalty area. Every game he has a brain fart of epic proportions and until he gets past that he will remain a massive liability. 

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I honestly can't really claim to mind the fact that he makes the odd comical fvck-up. I like to concentrate on the 95% of the time that we have an academy product who's good enough to be a top flight first team regular and possible future England contender. If we can be proud of that as a fanbase, then what can we be proud of? People should be willing him on rather than seizing on any opportunity to criticise. He's still only a kid FFS.

Can you stop talking with so much sense please  

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I honestly can't really claim to mind the fact that he makes the odd comical fvck-up. I like to concentrate on the 95% of the time that we have an academy product who's good enough to be a top flight first team regular and possible future England contender. If we can be proud of that as a fanbase, then what can we be proud of? People should be willing him on rather than seizing on any opportunity to criticise. He's still only a kid FFS.

Foresight,is not by a long chalk,a strength of this forum.....

• Haha 1

Any chance of renaming this thread because its defo  incorrect .Hes never been a left back may make a good living in  the game left side  but miles away at present.

Ive said before we all wish him well but  a long way to go -easy on the eye everyone likes a player who goes forward but he cannot pick out a good final ball

15 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Any chance of renaming this thread because its defo  incorrect .Hes never been a left back may make a good living in  the game left side  but miles away at present.

Ive said before we all wish him well but  a long way to go -easy on the eye everyone likes a player who goes forward but he cannot pick out a good final ball

Disagree....he does the hardwork,then there is no bozo,who can get in the right area to get on the end of it..... ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Disagree....he does the hardwork,then there is no bozo,who can get in the right area to get on the end of it..... ?

I think you’re on to something there. The coaching staff have to find a way for the team to capitalise on his surging runs. I don’t think a traditional cross in works with our setup with no big lump CF. Perhaps a cutback to someone following him up (Gray?).

Also he seems to often cut inside to the right in recent matches. Again, he seems to run out of options for someone to pass to and I’m not sure it’s all his fault. Just a matter of tactics from the coaching staff I would have thought.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Don't understand the negativity towards Chilwell from so many on here. He has a lot to improve on but he's still very young and he will improve. A great prospect who is now establishing himself as our first choice LB/LWB. Let's get behind him and show him our support. One of our own.

With current choices limited in his position for England, he has an outside chance of inclusion in the squad for the Switzerland game (especially with the venue being KP stadium).

• Like 2