Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

Martyn Waghorn - After signing permanent he just went down hill. Pearson showed him far too much faith. 

Andy King - How he has achieved what he has with us and stuck around so long is mind blowing based on footballing ability. 

Conrad Logan - Sunday footballer sat on the bench for ages. 

• Like 2

Shinji Okazaki - yes the guy can hustle but in return, he can’t pass, shoot and hold up play. A lot of the reasons why we had to press from the front when he plays is because he can’t stay on his feet. Which after three years is disappointing. 

Robbie Savage - another one. Plenty of hustle but give me Gary Parker any day of the week. 

Ian Walker - had some good attributes but he let himself go here and his mobility suffered. Let him shots he really shouldn’t have at times.

Richard Smith - I think he got a lot of the support because he came through the youth team. He made some daft mistakes on the pitch though.

36 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

David Speedie. Very highly rated. I thought we only bought him because he was good against us. Yes scored goals but I thought he was just a sweaty sock and fresher talent could have bagged double his goals and got us promoted.

Very good professional but the thread does say overrated. Just my opinion.

Thought he did help us get promoted

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

This will not go down well, but for years I couldn't understand why people rated Steve Walsh. Until he got a bit older I thought he was an utter liability but got away with it because he was hard. 

Each to their own but for me he was a born leader more than happy to get stuck in. His 'tackles could lift a team and crowd and he was  the most dominant player in the air I have seen.

23 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don't think we have any over rated players for every player that gets some deserved praise, you have ten guys saying how shit they are.

I think this is pretty fair really.

Most of the posts in this thread I can recall getting hammerings on here, or they were at least known by most as limited.

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Matt Mills and Jack Hobbs 

JH - Had a couple of good seasons, then was asked to step up and be the commanding CB and just didn't step up.

MM - Was meant to be the huge, captain, leader of a man to secure our back 4 up. Was a huge waste of money 

Don’t think anyone ever rated Mills so not sure how he could be overrated. Everyone knew we’d been ripped off horribly, and he was utter shite right from the start. Harsh on Hobbs, was quality here and was a superb signing but was never going to work when Paulo Sousa came in and tried pissing around with everything that had made us so successful previously. 

Ironically, two very promising championship centre halves who never realised their potential. Poor transfer decisions and injuries probably scuppered their careers though.