Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Don't like saying it but Fryatt. Was fantastic for us in league 1. Slightly above average championship player overall though tbh. Still a legend for the league 1 season, but probably falls into the overated category as we had him at a time he was just too good for league 1.

I also thought Fryatt was fantastic in the first half of the 2009/10 championship season. He had 12/13 goals before his jaw break in February and then came back just in time for the playoffs where he scored a crucial goal at Cardiff. He might well have got to 20 goals that season injury free. The next season he didn’t get so many opportunities under new managers and left for Hull in January which devastated myself and many other fans. He started well there but then injuries plus a lack of PL game time sent his career on the downward spiral really. He delivered the goods in a season and a half he was here (was also quite young so still developing) and was a great player for where we were at a time so in my opinion I think it’s harsh to call him overrated 

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Akinbyi! I had to read through three pages of shallow crap - like walking into a kindergarten and encountering a bunch of kids arguing about which colour Smartie tastes worse - before your correct answer. He was the definitive overrated player - cost more than the equivalent of Slimani and produced far less (although the stats might correct me). Of course most of the posters wouldn't have seen him play but surely there's been enough Tales From The Crypt on here of the disaster that was Ade A.?

I agree Akinbiyi was terrible but overrated?  I can't remember anyone rating him?  X

• Like 2

Kasper. I hate to say it.

His distribution is atrocious and his decision making at times is mind boggling. He has world class attributes - like his shot stopping - but some of his fundamentals just aren't there.

Don't get me wrong I can go from being frustrated with him to wanting to have his babies within seconds but it's 50/50 on any given day.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He contributed to us getting relegated, despise him.

Was the best of a bad bunch, but was still a very poor player.. Of all the players in that era Hume is probably the least culpable.

Stretching the definition a bit, but someone who played for us and went on to be massively overrated: Harry Kane.

He hits the ball really hard, and reliably scores 1 in 4 good opportunities. He also has no discipline in playing centre forward and misses 3 in 4 chances. He is a decent enough PL striker but not one of the best and way off being an England great. Hugely overrated.

25 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Stretching the definition a bit, but someone who played for us and went on to be massively overrated: Harry Kane.

He hits the ball really hard, and reliably scores 1 in 4 good opportunities. He also has no discipline in playing centre forward and misses 3 in 4 chances. He is a decent enough PL striker but not one of the best and way off being an England great. Hugely overrated.

I absolutely despise Kane and have wanted him to be shit for the past few seasons but he just keeps scoring goals. He was massively over rated at the world cup though and even though he won the golden boot, i didn't think he had a good tournament. While you've mentioned a former loan player, I'll throw in Jessie Lingard. United fans rave about him, i think hes absolute trash! And hes also an annoying little tw*t 

Edited by jayfox26

2 hours ago, General Smuts said:

Kasper. I hate to say it.

His distribution is atrocious and his decision making at times is mind boggling. He has world class attributes - like his shot stopping - but some of his fundamentals just aren't there.

Don't get me wrong I can go from being frustrated with him to wanting to have his babies within seconds but it's 50/50 on any given day.

Possibly slightly overrated based on his abilities on the pitch, yes.

Then again, he does have a fair few detractors. I would say the media are the ones overrating Schmeichel on a general basis, because well... he's a Schmeichel!

I don't think one can overstate his professionalism, drive and leadership though.

• Like 1

It's probably not even that controversial, but I'd say Harry Maguire is our most overrated player in the squad currently.

I don't think his stock will become higher than it was this summer and maybe we'll come to regret not selling him for a huge sum.

He's a good player, but he has several flaws and is more an all-round solid player than one who excels.

3 hours ago, RutlanderFox said:

I also thought Fryatt was fantastic in the first half of the 2009/10 championship season. He had 12/13 goals before his jaw break in February and then came back just in time for the playoffs where he scored a crucial goal at Cardiff. He might well have got to 20 goals that season injury free. The next season he didn’t get so many opportunities under new managers and left for Hull in January which devastated myself and many other fans. He started well there but then injuries plus a lack of PL game time sent his career on the downward spiral really. He delivered the goods in a season and a half he was here (was also quite young so still developing) and was a great player for where we were at a time so in my opinion I think it’s harsh to call him overrated 

He was fantastic in League 1 and was in good form before the jaw break. Felt harsh as I was writing it as the league 1 season alone makes him a legend, but he hit the ceiling with us I think. Right time, right place, right level for both him and the club. I was devastated too when he left and thought we had made a mistake. I know hindsight is always 20-20 but looking back it was for the best which is kind of why personally I probably over rated him harsh though it sounds. Then again, someone else earlier on wrote Cambiasso!  Edit and Mahrez!

Edited by desertfox2
Mahrez