Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Agree - he came to us with the reputation of being a disruptive, dirty, obnoxious little CU next Tuesday. Turns out he was so much worse than that.

Chelsea had a great team at the time and he was their Robbie Savage, let's face it Robbie Savage could've looked good in that side. 

The only person I hate more in life is the tax man. Both slimey little weasels

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

This will not go down well, but for years I couldn't understand why people rated Steve Walsh. Until he got a bit older I thought he was an utter liability but got away with it because he was hard. 

100% agree with this. An alpha male who gave his all for Leicester and was loved by the terraces for it, but talent wise, had a lot of flaws, he'd never be a top flight player in the current era.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

100% agree with this. An alpha male who gave his all for Leicester and was loved by the terraces for it, but talent wise, had a lot of flaws, he'd never be a top flight player in the current era.

People call Benalouane a walking red card - this guy was the epitome of that, and until Little arrived, could be relied upon to foul and hoof. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Out of all the City players to choose from how some posters can settle on Steve Walsh and Steve Guppy as the most overrated City players is beyond belief, the pair were excellent players for us, playing in  successful team and an enjoyable time to be a City supporter.

As for Guppy he’d be one of the most underrated City players ever.

Maybe underrated outside of Leicester, but by our own fans? We absolutely knew how good he was, and he became hugely overrated because of it - lots of City fans saying he should have played for England! No way, the guy was far too limited, great in our system and for how we played under O'Neill but not a great player.

Edit: forgot he did in fact get a cap

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

33 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Maybe underrated outside of Leicester, but by our own fans? We absolutely knew how good he was, and he became hugely overrated because of it - lots of City fans saying he should have played for England! No way, the guy was far too limited, great in our system and for how we played under O'Neill but not a great player.

Edit: forgot he did in fact get a cap

Wasn’t he second in assists to David Beckham one season? Guppy was a very good player and I don’t quite understand your comment about City fans knowing how good he was but becoming overrated  because of it....

Tommy Wright the 2nd.

It was pretty obvious from the start he was trash but he was constantly being pushed by fans at the time to be in the team. Maybe because he was local or that he had a name of a previous hero but he was massively overrated by our fans.

Remember going to several away games in 02/03 when we were doing really well and all you'd ever hear was moaning from our fans to bring him on.

Edited by pds

How anyone can say Walsh and Guppy were overrated as lcfc players is beyond me.

Walsh was a warrior, a leader, who dragged us over the line many times.

Guppy was slagged off by way too many of our fans but played a key part in the MON years.

I never quite got the crazy fan love for Ooh Tommy Wright and Kevin Russell, decent players that they were.

The laziest performance I've seen from a lcfc player is Yakubu away at Forest one year. He was disgusting that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

PS for me it has to be:

Walsh (as above)

Steve Guppy

Paul Gallagher

Joey Gudjonsson

How old are you?

Steve Walsh and Steve Guppy ‘over-rated’? For fooks sake, I’ve read it all now!

And you ‘rate’ Dan Amartey don’t you?!

:nono::crylaugh:

• Like 2

anuone who dare think of walsh on this thread i would want you to be in a room with him and tell that to his face - only one winner. He had his limitations but that man was a winner/fighter - if he was surrounded by better players he wouldnt have needed to get sent off so many times - he was making up for the rubbish he had to play with and he dragged the whole team with him. Just relive arsenal v lcfc 3-3 with three goals in injury time - walh would have taken out the whole arsenal team and wenger with his celebration - and the whole stadium would have backed him up - what a time to be a supporter then

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
4 hours ago, Mark said:

Scowcroft

Howard

All of the defence in 2007-08

Howard? He wasn't over rated, we knew exactly what we were going to get.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

How old are you?

Steve Walsh and Steve Guppy ‘over-rated’? For fooks sake, I’ve read it all now!

And you ‘rate’ Dan Amartey don’t you?!

:nono::crylaugh:

The fact you're getting so worked up about it proves they're overrated! Overrated because they played in a a team that had a run of successful seasons, but they were both nothing more than good players and not world beaters. You won't find fans of other teams remembering either as being top top players.

And no I don't rate Amartey! He's an athlete, not a footballer.