Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

For the record, I loved Guppy. And for clarification, I thought Walsh was over rated pre-Little... Sometimes one tries to be clear and people still only read what suits them. Walsh was a changed man once he became captain. 

The thread is about opinions I thought, not calling people out for differing opinions. Amazing how keen people are to be factional. 

Edited by HighPeakFox

Barry Hayles

Sappleton

Hussain Kaebi 

Hume

Wellens

Williams

Bruno Berner

Chris Powell

Gray

Brian Deane

Chilwell 

Muzzy Izzet 

Matt Elliott 

Piper 

Steve Howard

Wes Morgan 

Guppy

Steve Agnew 

Tim Flowers

Actually the only real real decent players we’ve ever had are Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Huth, Kasper. Everyone else have been rubbish 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For the record, I loved Guppy. And for clarification, I thought Walsh was over rated pre-Little... Sometimes one tries to be clear and people still only read what suits them. Walsh was a changed man once he became captain. 

The thread is about opinions I thought, not calling people out for differing opinions. Amazing how keen people are to be factional. 

Saying Walsh was over-rated isn’t an opinion... it’s horse-shite. And I doubt the poster ever even saw him play.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The fact you're getting so worked up about it proves they're overrated! Overrated because they played in a a team that had a run of successful seasons, but they were both nothing more than good players and not world beaters. You won't find fans of other teams remembering either as being top top players.

And no I don't rate Amartey! He's an athlete, not a footballer.

Nobody ever said they were world beaters did they? Yes they were good players, so they weren’t overrated.

Albrighton is overrated on here. Last season contributed about 3 goals and 6 assists which isn't good enough, especially when you consider how often he crosses. Anytime I criticise him I get a reply of "yeah but he works hard" as if that makes up for it.

36 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Barry Hayles

Sappleton

Hussain Kaebi 

Hume

Wellens

Williams

Bruno Berner

Chris Powell

Gray

Brian Deane

Chilwell 

Muzzy Izzet 

Matt Elliott 

Piper 

Steve Howard

Wes Morgan 

Guppy

Steve Agnew 

Tim Flowers

Actually the only real real decent players we’ve ever had are Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Huth, Kasper. Everyone else have been rubbish 

Add pontus kaamark to the good list and I'll join you.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Albrighton is overrated on here. Last season contributed about 3 goals and 6 assists which isn't good enough, especially when you consider how often he crosses. Anytime I criticise him I get a reply of "yeah but he works hard" as if that makes up for it.

His defensive work is overrated as well. Decent enough player though.

1 hour ago, Gordon the Great said:

been WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very overrated, ex Fulham recruit. He never really did much for us. I could never understand why we brought him to Filbert Street.

Roger Davies from Bruges, was an even bigger waste of money. He would have better suited to selling programmes.

Edited by DANGEROUS TIGER
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Saying Walsh was over-rated isn’t an opinion... it’s horse-shite. And I doubt the poster ever even saw him play.

Do I get called 'the poster' now Col? I saw him play plenty pre-Little, why are people so offended that I'm not wiling to revise what I remember because he was so much better once he became captain? 

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Got to be Waghorn, one good first season terrible for the rest. He always seemed to be one of Pearson's favourites. 

Funny really cos he was only coached by Pearson for one full year and a lot of that he was covering for an injured Fryatt

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

His assists have up him in the top 20 of the league. He’s more than decent 

I do believe a lot of younger fans are either living in make believe with regards to their opinions of overrated lcfc players or have never seen them play.

Steve Earle for one was not overated quality player in a quality 70s lcfc team with Weller, Worthington to name but a few.

Steve Walsh would die for LCFC and in no way was overated.  he would run through brickwalls for LCFC another poster has suggested Pontus Kamark.  Well, you never

watched the 1996 league cup final where he was outstanding and marked Juninho out of the game. 

I would class all the above as underated.

Guppy for one deserved more than his one England cap he was quality.

• Like 3

Love Steve Walsh.  I've defended him in other threads when people said he was little more than a thug, but I remember the young, raw Steve Walsh that arrived from Wigan and he was a bit of a liability.  Nobody watching him then could predict the colossus that he would become.  I wouldn't say that he was overrated though because at that time he wasn't particularly highly thought of.  Taking his whole career into consideration, does his shaky start make him overrated when looking at everything he achieved subsequently?  I would say not.

I remember Taggart's first year, the kind of player you should be watching from behind the sofa, but he became a rock after that.  Jimmy Willis should have come with parental advisary but somehow turned into a fairly decent player.  Defenders take longer to mature.  It just makes you appreciate the player that Harry is at 25.  Sky's the limit.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2