Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Can we talk about what a tackle is?

For me, someone is tackled when they have control of the ball and they are disposed. 

The ball was not in control of either play. Vardy got their first and kicked the ball hard. The other player continued their run at Vardy without attempting to kick the ball - mostly because they were too late to the ball. It wasn't a red.

Rules have been changed long ago.  It's a red if you're not in control, doesn't matter if you win the ball.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

For me, someone is tackled when they have control of the ball and they are disposed. 

The ball was not in control of either play. Vardy got their first and kicked the ball hard. The other player continued their run at Vardy without attempting to kick the ball - mostly because they were too late to the ball. It wasn't a red.

You are being too sensible. 

Clowns like Dean need a set of guidelines - something along the lines of "refereeing for dummies" - which makes things far easier, from their point of view, to come to a deduction, correct or otherwise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Started off really poor. Really lucky not to go 2 behind. Think Vardy's isolation probably led to the frustration that caused his red mist. Wish we would play 2 up front. 

2 up front means no Maddison, or 3 at the back which is apparently never going to happen.

Vardy should drop back more to make space for himself, or Maddison/Gray go further up the pitch. We should also stop telling Albrighton to do lofted crosses in Vardy's general direction. 

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Rules have been changed long ago.  It's a red if you're not in control, doesn't matter if you win the ball.

Vardy was in control. He got there first and kicked the ball. I guess the other guy wasn't in control as he was late to the ball and bundled into Vardy...

Puel next game: Guys, don't kick the ball incase an opposition player does a 50:50 challenge and your foot follows through after striking the ball...

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

For me, someone is tackled when they have control of the ball and they are dispossessed 

The ball was not in control of either player. Vardy got there first and kicked the ball hard. The other player continued their run at Vardy without attempting to kick the ball - mostly because they were too late to the ball. It wasn't a red.

I agree with this mostly. Vardy kicked the ball hard rather than seemingly actually tackle the player, who pulled out a challenge. Probably need to see it again though to be honest.  

• Like 1

I really like the way they managed the game once they got up 2-0. Good adjustments by Claude and they handled the 10 man situation very well. Mendy added some quality to the midfield that's been missing.  Overall the pace of the midfield was impressive.  If someone lost the ball they were able to recover quickly.  Plus no dumb fouls (for the most part anyway) that resulted in dangerous free kicks.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

Just now, lgfualol said:

2 up front means no Maddison, or 3 at the back which is apparently never going to happen.

Vardy should drop back more and make space for himself. We should also stop telling Albrighton to do lofted crosses in Vardy's general direction. 

I know it's not his natural position / what we signed him as / etc - but why couldn't Maddison play as a Outside MF in a 442?

Ndidi + Iborra/Silva/Mendy in middle

Maddison + Gray/Albrighton on wing

Vardy + Iheanacho/Okazaki up front

They're overhyped shit. 

We're short in the wing department. 

Perreira and Maddison are brilliant signings. 

Mendy is like a new signing. I suppose he is really tbh. 

Oh and we need to stop this starting slowly in both halves rubbish and actually get in to teams. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I agree with this mostly. Vardy kicked the ball hard rather than seemingly actually tackle the player, who pulled out a challenge. Probably need to see it again though to be honest.  

I think you do need to see it again if you don't think it's a sending off. Here:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Were you there? It wasn’t a poor performance at all. The first 20 mins WAS poor and they should have scored. After that we were pretty much in control and played some lovely football. Our second goal was sublime.

We were overran for the first 20 mins, saved by the woodwork twice, defensively all over the place because of Riccardo positioning.

We were lucky, massive fluke of a own goal to take the lead! 

Comical passing around at the back at times especially when Chillwell poked under Kasper. 

What the sublime goal, that took a defection? 

Poor maybe a strong word but from my seat we looked very average.

To many people taking the result into action when judging the performance!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Poor start, too sloppy at times, hope Evans was just rusty, didn’t feel that threatened when we went down to 10 men, classic OG! Wolves looked decent first half, but look as though if they don’t score first they might struggle to break teams down. 

Good chance Nacho to show what he’s made of next few games.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We were overran for the first 20 mins, saved by the woodwork twice, defensively all over the place because of Riccardo positioning.

We were lucky, massive fluke of a own goal to take the lead! 

Comical passing around at the back at times especially when Chillwell poked under Kasper. 

What the sublime goal, that took a defection? 

Poor maybe a strong word but from my seat we looked very average.

To many people taking the result into action when judging the performance!

Nope. I’ve never been sure of Puel but after weathering that big storm today, we looked to be in control of the game imo.

The build up to the 2nd goal was the sublime part.

• Like 4