Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Spot on , if you can’t see that Puel has spotted all of  our weaknesses and is sorting  it out by gettting rid of deadwood and players that are in decline then you must be blind. The man is building a team which takes time whilst taking no nonsense . In fact he has a lot in common with a certain Nigel Pearson who is classed as a god by some of our supporters  except he has more tactical nous . 

absolutely. Pearsons skill was in man management and setting up the Club. Wheras Puels, is his ability to Coach and progress players along with the ability to introduce tactics to get results.

Things are looking up.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

absolutely. Pearsons skill was in man management and setting up the Club. Wheras Puels, is his ability to Coach and progress players along with the ability to introduce tactics to get results.

Things are looking up.

Most definitely and he doesn’t look scared to make big decisions . Look at today Wes on the bench and no one predicted Mendy playing 

• Like 2

Just now, baldeagle said:

Most definitely and he doesn’t look scared to make big decisions . Look at today Wes on the bench and no one predicted Mendy playing 

Exactly, I like the fact that he was getting agitated at times on the touch line. Which proves he does have some passion.

He obviously knew Mendy well from his time at Nice. But if I'm not mistaken Mendy had better Stats than Kante when they both last played in the French league in the same season.

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Exactly, I like the fact that he was getting agitated at times on the touch line. Which proves he does have some passion.

He obviously knew Mendy well from his time at Nice. But if I'm not mistaken Mendy had better Stats than Kante when they both last played in the French league in the same season.

Some people don’t notice that . His interviews are quite boring to be blunt but you watch him on the touch line and he shows true passion and anger if things are not right . There was a point in the first half when a Wolves player had a head injury and Puel was so animated talking to his players and they were so much better after . And yep his stats were better but because he got injured everyone just poo pooed his abilities 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Some people don’t notice that . His interviews are quite boring to be blunt but you watch him on the touch line and he shows true passion and anger if things are not right . There was a point in the first half when a Wolves player had a head injury and Puel was so animated talking to his players and they were so much better after . And yep his stats were better but because he got injured everyone just poo pooed his abilities 

Yes, I think that is due to his interpretation of English, But he getting better so he must be having lessons.

I seen that today on the touch line. Lets hope he stays fit and continues to improve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

But if I'm not mistaken Mendy had better Stats than Kante when they both last played in the French league in the same season.

No even in his one season in the French top league Kante’s stats were ridiculous. Mendy was highly rated but quite a different type of player. When he signed for us the feeling in France was that Ranieri picked him because he was going to adapt our style. His reputation came from having excellent ball possession stats and being mature above his years as he was captain at 24 at Nice. 

He’s still just 26 so actually younger than Silva and Iborra. 

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Mendy done well today, He just needs to get up to Premiership pace. I thought the game was a bit quick for him at times. But he will improve more with more games. Hopefully he stays fit. A good foil for NDiddy who although played well needs to improve his passing greatly. If he wan't to step up to the next level.

Why does he need to get up to speed in scotlands top league? Or do you mean the premier league ? Google 

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No even in his one season in the French top league Kante’s stats were ridiculous. Mendy was highly rated but quite a different type of player. When he signed for us the feeling in France was that Ranieri picked him because he was going to adapt our style. His reputation came from having excellent ball possession stats and being mature above his years as he was captain at 24 at Nice. 

He’s still just 26 so actually younger than Silva and Iborra. 

All sounds good for the future so with Puels passing game.

I had my reservations about Silva and Iborra, Both talented players, Just not suited for the pace of the Premiership.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I had my reservations about Silva and Iborra, Both talented players, Just not suited for the pace of the Premiership.

Those players could still have a part to play. Mendy was signed two years ago and is the forgotten man! But in this specific system he looks like a good player and you can see why Puel picked him. As others have said, Ndidi also seemed to play better today also. It gave the team more balance. 

Southampton away is probably a better game to judge both him and the team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Those players could still have a part to play. Mendy was signed two years ago and is the forgotten man! But in this specific system he looks like a good player and you can see why Puel picked him. As others have said, Ndidi also seemed to play better today also. It gave the team more balance. 

Southampton away is probably a better game to judge both him and the team. 

They're in the squad now so I'm sure they do. They just want to long on the Ball and don't tackle, at least not very well.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Thought he was better on the ball, based from today, than Kante was when he was with us. I totally forgot we even had him before the game but thought he was excellent. Let's hope he can stay fit. 

Yes definitely, But Kante has improved that side of his game since he went to Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Thought he was better on the ball, based from today, than Kante was when he was with us. I totally forgot we even had him before the game but thought he was excellent. Let's hope he can stay fit. 

Yeah that’s what his reputation was like in France. A very dependable player on the ball with excellent short passing. You can see why. 

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Their 1st season,let's wait to see how this season goes...