Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I worry about him being out muscled. He's the same size of Kante but then Kante had super human speed and tackling ability. I'm looking forward to seeing him against Soton. It was only his first game. If he continues and improves I get the feeling Iborra and Silva will be on the bench most of the time. I hope we see Choudhury, regardless, for his development if nothing else.

It's very hard to push someone off the ball that is so short. All the power he has is planted and people can't get so much leverage to try and move him. I wouldn't worry! 

On 19/08/2018 at 13:19, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wolves are in the Premiership so are a Premier league side, Mendy did well, how about a little credit, btw it’s Silva not Silver.

hmm sounds like this could be Mendy in disguise. i reckon your abit of a no it all do gooder in your spare time. if i am ever in doubt in the future i will send for the EXPERTS opinion ?

2 minutes ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

hmm sounds like this could be Mendy in disguise. i reckon your abit of a no it all do gooder in your spare time. if i am ever in doubt in the future i will send for the EXPERTS opinion ?

Just so you know, petty ad hominems tend not to go too well here - just in case you suddenly find yourself banned.

On 21/08/2018 at 12:42, GingerrrFox said:

Robbing the Guardiola chant for Papy Mendy would be decent. To the tune of Glad all over:

Say that you want me (x2),

All of the time (x2),

Say that you need me (x2),

Always be mine (x2),

Cos we've got Papy Mendy, We've got Papy Mendy (x2)...so glad you’re mine!!!!

Hmm... Guardiola / Glad all over, kind of works. Papy Mendy?  Not so much.  Back to the drawing board.

There can only be one chant for him, it has been said many times on this forum before - KRS One - Sound of da police (Sound of Nampalys)

Or..

Our Mendy brings the boys to the yard. 

You're damn right

He's better than yours

You're damn right

He's better than yours.

(Milkshake - Kellis)

Slight flaw in that it only works if you're playing Man City though...

Edited by murphy

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

Hmm... Guardiola / Glad all over, kind of works. Papy Mendy?  Not so much.  Back to the drawing board.

There can only be one chant for him, it has been said many times on this forum before - KRS One - Sound of da police (Sound of Nampalys)

Or..

Our Mendy brings the boys to the yard. 

You're damn right

He's better than yours

You're damn right

He's better than yours.

(Milkshake - Kellis)

Slight flaw in that it only works if you're playing Man City though...

Who in a million years is going to chant  to milkshake.

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he had another decent to good game and that he and Ndidi work well as a pairing.

Ndidi needs to sort his passing out. Said it since he's been here. Hasn't developed one bit in that respect. Mendy is looking good but we need more creativity between them. 

• Like 1

Solid screen infront of the back four, especially first half. Most of their work paid off on the wing, some real clean tackles going in from Ndidi & Mendy. Papy also very clean in possession and savvy when pressed.

Like a new signing. Deservedly ahead of Silva & Iborra respectively

• Like 1

Its either Ndidi or Mendy - pointless sticking with two defensive midfielders. They’re happy to sit back and mop up which is fine but there’s zero creativity from the pair of them and thats a concern considering we’ve lost Mahrez and appear to be playing our RB on the wing. Puts far too much pressure on Maddison to create. 

1 minute ago, psychonaut said:

Its either Ndidi or Mendy - pointless sticking with two defensive midfielders. They’re happy to sit back and mop up which is fine but there’s zero creativity from the pair of them and thats a concern considering we’ve lost Mahrez and appear to be playing our RB on the wing. Puts far too much pressure on Maddison to create. 

Agree.

2 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Its either Ndidi or Mendy - pointless sticking with two defensive midfielders. They’re happy to sit back and mop up which is fine but there’s zero creativity from the pair of them 

That won't concern Claude though

1 minute ago, psychonaut said:

Lemina bossed Maddison out of the game, thats where most of our creativity is coming from at the moment, when we started Silva he didnt add any more creativity than we have now

It's not even that we need them to be particularly creative, just distribute it a bit quicker when we've won the ball back to try and get our attacking players running at their defence before they've had a chance to set.

Ndidi  takes far too long to sort his legs out for even simple distribution and his weight of pass is poor. Mendy better in that regard but it's all a bit safe.