Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

1 hour ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I wish that was the case

I think you are underestimating Iheanacho. I think he'll work well with Maddison against Southampton. They've played a little together already.

Vardy really has shot his start to the season in the foot. He didn't get back for training (which isn't a criticism, it was his right) and then the red which means missing games.

We're lucky that Nacho had such a good pre-season.

Leicester to win.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think you are underestimating Iheanacho. I think he'll work well with Maddison against Southampton. They've played a little together already.

Vardy really has shot his start to the season in the foot. He didn't get back for training (which isn't a criticism, it was his right) and then the red which means missing games.

We're lucky that Nacho had such a good pre-season.

Leicester to win.

Yeah I’m sure he'll do okay against Southampton. My concern for him is more when we’re agaist the bigger clubs and are without Vardy.

Big Dan looked comfortable when we were three at the back. It looked rehearsed - I’d imagine given the response it produced and the fact that Puel made the call to shift that we’ll be seeing it situationally in the future.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

Perhaps Vardy missing games will be a blessing in disguise? Nacho has looked good and a nice run of games will suit him. We’ll also see a hungry and motivated Vardy come back, and he’ll have 3 weeks to be training. Consider it a “preseason” of sorts for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Perhaps Vardy missing games will be a blessing in disguise? Nacho has looked good and a nice run of games will suit him. We’ll also see a hungry and motivated Vardy come back, and he’ll have 3 weeks to be training. Consider it a “preseason” of sorts for him.

I'm not sure us playing Iheanacho is a blessing. He's starting to remind me of Beckford, it's a surprise when he has a good game and scores more in the cup competitions than the league,

I hope Nacho takes his chance and scores and creates chances in the next 3 games. I feel yesterday Vardy was isolated and that was down to the system we play, after the red we didn't change much and you'd struggle to see the missing striker. KI will be a better fit and I personally feel Vardy will struggle to get back into the lone striker role. 

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question: when Amartey is on the pitch, is Puel playing 3 at the back, with Chilly and Pereria as wing backs?

i was trying to see it yesterday, but couldn’t make it out.

I was sat in the family stand and amartey can over holding 3 fingers up so I'd say yes. It was backs to the wall so hard to see I agree.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question: when Amartey is on the pitch, is Puel playing 3 at the back, with Chilly and Pereria as wing backs?

Yes. He was on the right and Evans left with Maguire in the middle and Periera/Chilwell offering the width. They were wing backs but mostly defending because we were happy just to keep them at arms length.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

One red card and we are already looking light up top if Iheanacho fails to perform. Assume Okazaki will come on to the bench. Was happy to let Ulloa and Slimani leave but think we need an extra striker, even just as an extra option. 

Is Shinji even fit?, anything happens to Kelechi then we’re in the sh*t.

20 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I’d imagine we’d have to call up a U23? Do we even have any strikers down there now that Gordon has gone?

Other than Ndukwu, I don’t think there is much else, anybody who watches the u23s will know more.

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Need to try and be more creative, only two shots on target against Wolves.

Would like to see Riccardo playing RM.

Wouldn't moving an attacking right back forward to replace him with Amartey make us less likely to create? Ricardo was so effective due to him being able to make those surging runs from deep not being able to be picked up. He couldn't really overlap Albrignton due to him hogging the touch line but his under laps were very effective. 

25 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Wouldn't moving an attacking right back forward to replace him with Amartey make us less likely to create? Ricardo was so effective due to him being able to make those surging runs from deep not being able to be picked up. He couldn't really overlap Albrignton due to him hogging the touch line but his under laps were very effective. 

For me he was just as a effective once Amartey came on, frees him from he's defensive duty.

Defensively he was also a dog dinner at times.

I’d go with the three at the back we finished with against Wolves. I think Chilwell and Perreira could be real assets bombing forward and having the extra man back there makes it easier for them. Otherwise, Kelechi in for Vardy and the rest as you were. 

0-2 City. 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes we were though when we had Vardy sent off it made things even more complicated. I know what you mean though because at one point we had Amartey, Ricardo and Gray all on the right hand side and for the life of me I couldn’t work out what was going on. But we were playing a 3-4-3 I guess you’d call it with Vardy up top, Gray on the right and Maddison went to the left. 

We’ll definitely use it at times this season just as we did last season probably against teams that specifically play that way (Man City maybe) and maybe to see games out when we’re ahead. Puel was known in France for being more of a 2-0 type of a guy than a 4-1 manager. IE he’ll shut up shop when the game has been won rather than continue to score goals but also let the other team have attempts. Given where we are as a club right now it’s possibly a good thing because knowing how to manage a game gives us a chance in the cups. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He played practically on top of Albrighton

Screenshot_20180819-205925.thumb.jpg.9bab5d7b07aab2edb890e5ac2e145115.jpg

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Albrighton needs to play on the left or not at all for me, but it looks like thats Gray's position this season. I hope we're not considering Albrighton on the right as a long term solution he isn't even half as effective than when he's on the left. We probably can't play Ghezzal and Ricardo together though, as it's been mentioned elsewhere we're really short on wingers.

Ghezzal's defensive attributes are supposedly quite under rated so you never know!