Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Vardy red is not a sending off

Was it a red?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a red?

• Yes
    • No

Guest MattP

Definite red, follow through is absolutely appalling. 

Winning the ball doesn't mean you are then allowed to snap the opponents knee in half. No need to do it.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Probably cos he’d done jack shit up until his sending off

Bit of a stupid statement..... considering he spent a fair amount of the second half shouting at Maddison for not playing the ball quickly to him. A fair few times Vardy was hanging on the last man and didn’t receive the pass.... he cut a frustrated figure throughout that game, which was frankly rather alarming to see.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Ha it’s true though, imagine if one of their players did that to Vardy. We would be calling for the firing squad.

I'm with you - I am yanking the chain of the 'old-fashioned'* contributor earlier this thread who said it's all us softies who are killing the game.

* (inverted commas because if I said what I want to say to characterise the poster, I think there would be a permanent ban swiftly imposed on me)

To those saying "that would be a good tackle 20 years ago" **News flash**...It's not 20 years ago.

Also, 20 years ago, it was 1998 and I'm pretty sure that would still have been a sending off. Maybe in the 1980's it would have been okay but that's 35-40 years ago now and the game has moved on whether you like it or not.

That's not a good tackle and those criticising the Wolves player for his 'body position' should have a word with themselves- did it cross your mind that the guy's awkward position may have been because he thought '****ing hell, I'm going to get crunched here'.

Anyone who has played football knows it's one of those where you go in hard to make a point and because you're angry. You make that tackle knowing you're probably going to get at least a yellow so it's always a gamble the ref will see it as a red.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm with you - I am yanking the chain of the 'old-fashioned'* contributor earlier this thread who said it's all us softies who are killing the game.

* (inverted commas because if I said what I want to say to characterise the poster, I think there would be a permanent ban swiftly imposed on me)

Yeah I knew what you meant. People need to get with it and realise that you can’t do stuff like that.

19 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

One things for sure, after years of top form in his hypervenoms he needs to switch back asap, they are by far the better boot compared to the Adidas he’s wearing now speaking from experience.

Don't know about that. Showed plenty of Hyper Venom on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

One things for sure, after years of top form in his hypervenoms he needs to switch back asap, they are by far the better boot compared to the Adidas he’s wearing now speaking from experience.

Interesting, i hadnt noticed that. He's not down as a "Nike UK athlete" anymore either

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Interesting, i hadnt noticed that. He's not down as a "Nike UK athlete" anymore either

I’ve not checked the other players but wonder whether the kit deal means the players have to wear Adidas boots as well? I disapprove of the deal if so, Vardy should stick to what’s served him well at this level

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’ve not checked the other players but wonder whether the kit deal means the players have to wear Adidas boots as well? I disapprove of the deal if so, Vardy should stick to what’s served him well at this level

lol no it doesn't mean the players have to wear Adidas boots, he's just an Adidas sponsored player now 

I would have given a yellow  :ph34r:since both players were lunging in and Vards was faster to the ball, 

if more aggressive and those saying you cant just give a yellow for that, Pickford did worse for Everton and I cant remember him even getting booked so it is down to the referee and what he decides which unfortunately was red.

Does not matter anyway, we are blessed with an abundance of goal scorers :sweating::ph34r:

That's my Sunday mornings opinions worth anyway :tumbleweed:

• Like 1

First instinct was it was a perfectly good, hard tackle.

However having seen it back the follow through is horrible and a red card was the right decision.

I'm not really sure why Vardy lost his head?

Having not been born then, what did you have to do to get a straight red in the 70s/80s? Go 2 footed on somebody's throat? lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

First instinct was it was a perfectly good, hard tackle.

However having seen it back the follow through is horrible and a red card was the right decision.

I'm not really sure why Vardy lost his head?

Having not been born then, what did you have to do to get a straight red in the 70s/80s? Go 2 footed on somebody's throat? lol

It was generally fighting or elbows - tackles rarely got you a red 

• Like 1