Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks Wes.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Had a dodgy start but grew into the game.

First 25 mins I wasn't impressed with Evans or Maguire. Both looked lackadaisical. 

I agree, but the second half was the best we've defended in so long. I can't remember the last time we looked that assured defending set pieces. 

3 hours ago, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

Great, slagging off a player who has had his first competitive game with us.

I love some of our fans. They can't even think as far as realizing that West Bromwich Albion had one of the better defensive records last season - and that it was their lack of striking options that cost them dearly.

But hey ho - carry on.

• Like 4

It's a shame what's happened in the past year or so but that should only be viewed as a small and largely insignificant part of the picture with him. He's been brilliant for us. Obvious limitations but he really has made the most out of himself. Completely exceeded expectations here and should be remembered fondly.

• Like 1

What an unbelievable signing, what a player, what a man.

Remember those years between 2002 and 2008 where we had a revolving door of utter dross, 40 odd players a season each shitter than than last, managers crowbarring shit square pegs into round holes? Morgan, for me, truly heralded the start of the era of going out and buying players of genuine quality, thrusting them into the team and watching them take us onto another level.

A club legend. Deserving of the word. And I wager not yet done.

Edited by Bryn

8 hours ago, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

A whole two games into the season, and you say he rubbish. Grab  hold of your balls, and talk sense, for crying out loud. Just unbelievable man, are you on drugs?:facepalm:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nickm said:

That's why we've signed Soyuncu and Benkovic.  Evans' days were always numbered - always were - that's why we got him on a free.  Only a matter of time before Soyuncu comes in as Maguire's Centre Back partner - with Benkovic waiting in the wings !