Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City chairman outlines priorities for Premier League season

Guest Markyblue
38 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So there it is...Puel In..!!!

No way will we see Puel have an early exit. (Thankfully!!)

He's going to be given time to develop a solid base,and bring his culture to the fore.

I suppose it's going to be useless sounding off, on the odd defeat,and top 6 is not a must!!!!

Slip ups,and runs of poor form,so long improvement is to be seen,there will be no panic sacking.

There has to be a complete implosion,in results and form,won't happen!! So the media can trash their pathetic lies,

and stories,and the shit stirrers from within this forum,can find some other themes to get miserable and negative about..

ha haha ha hahhhhaaaaz:celebrate:

I'm sure that's a challenge they will only to happy to take up ?

Worrying that the chairman actually seems to like Puel's shit style of play. Long term we look to be in trouble in that case. His intentions are no doubt good but there's nothing 'methodical' about isolating Vardy, passing the ball too slowly and relying on Chilwell for attacking threat. Somebody at the club needs to realise this sooner rather than later.

There is no progression with the sort of managers we are hiring, they can confuse being reactive with a long term plan if they like but it's clear we are not attack-minded enough to consistently score goals and we won't always be able to ride our luck like we did on Saturday.

54 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Great to read, glad they're planning long term about the future of the club rather than just settling for knee jerk, high manager turn over - that sort of thing is what Sunderland got into, and no long term thinking is why they are where they are

Sunderland's problem was they kept hiring managers to save them from the drop, safe pairs of hands, which is the same thing we've done hiring Shakespeare and Puel. Fortunately our playing staff is quite a bit better than their's was and that will get us out of jail for now.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

I'm a little cynical about this too.

Dropped is any mention of challenging for European football, and in is talk of sustainability and relying on the youth team.

Simple. Under promise, over deliver. He's not mentioned a final league position - just that it will be an important factor to see if we have progressed. If he said we're aiming for Europe and we didn't deliver, then we would be questioning why we haven't hit our targets and how we have failed. If we get there then great.

People are quick to forget that 7th was only good enough last season because the top four claimed both pieces of silverware. I am not so confident that this season 7th place will take a European spot and in all reality are we good enough to be top 6? I'm optimistic about our future but we're not there yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I totally agree with him. Nice to see they’re looking at the bigger picture and the long term

The evolution of the club now we're as safe in this league as we're ever likely to be over the next few years is to improve our infrastructure. Building a new world class training facility and plans to increase the stadium capacity and make the stadium less generic will be massive for our foundation.

We need to aim to become one of the bigger clubs in the PL over this next decade and keep up with the likes of Everton and West Ham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The evolution of the club now we're as safe in this league as we're ever likely to be over the next few years is to improve our infrastructure. Building a new world class training facility and plans to increase the stadium capacity and make the stadium less generic will be massive for our foundation.

We need to aim to become one of the bigger clubs in the PL over this next decade and keep up with the likes of Everton and West Ham.

The aim for us has to be for people to refer to a "big 7" rather than a "big 6".

If we can consistently get into the Europa League as a minumum and fight for domestic trophies then players will want to come here. 

It's a tough ask but we need to ride out this time when we're building the training ground and the stadium expansion. We need to continue to learn a better style of football as we carry on moving forward.

A bad season now is utterly disastrous.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This. The sooner we permanently distance ourselves in stature with the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Derby etc the better.

Cannot wait for our stadium expansion personally. All the noises coming out of the club are the right ones for me, very pleased the owners have backed Puel and I hope he does the business.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

I'm a little cynical about this too.

Dropped is any mention of challenging for European football, and in is talk of sustainability and relying on the youth team.

To get regular European football we either have to be consistently best of the rest or finishing above at least one or two of the elite six clubs.

It's our ceiling really over a long period of time as we don't have the revenue to compete long term. Making the club more desirable with facilities and increasing the stadium is a huge step for us as is the policy of buying young talented players and developing academy players. If I owned the club my goals would be similar so I'm happy that we're moving forwards. 

• Like 1