Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cv6 fox

Mobile data at KP Stadium?

O2 is crappy.  It is due to the amount of users though, go there during a regular weekday and there won't be a problem.  It isn't that bad though. 

I went to an Arsenal match with an Arsenal supporting mate a couple of years ago at the Emirates.  I couldn't believe the amount of people doing video calls whilst the game was going on.  It was either "Look at me, I'm an Arsenal fan and I've gone to a game", or "Let me show you what's going on live time - why bother watching the game on TV wwhen you can see me stream it from inside the stadium!".

God I hate Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That’s madness why would they say no?! Often I’m at the game with friends sitting in different areas and want to communicate with them but can’t. Even after final whistle it’s so frustrating trying to contact your mates to see where they are but you can’t. 

http://foxestrust.co.uk/6469/lcfc-fans-consultative-committee-meeting-30-05-18-part-three 

Here we go, did some digging. They voted against having any 4G at the stadium. The "invaluable feedback" makes me think they won't bring this up or think of implementing it for a while.

I was actually quite annoyed about this when I read it, lots of people like using or checking things on 4G during games and struggle due to the lack of signal. 

Screenshot_20180820-131905.thumb.png.a5ea56b25039f1114a391ee7256e039b.png

I get reasonable service on Three but don't really use my phone during the game. Not long back I got my phone out and we scored and it got knocked out of my hand and smashed so tend to keep it in my pocket now! :D

I'm definitely a "I'm here to watch the match, not stare at my phone"kind of guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm amazed the betting companies haven't all clubbed together to provide superfast wifi to grounds. 

Or at least have the half time scores on a screen in the concourse, They had the premier league scores on but not championship, league 1, or league 2, I had to wait until I got back to the car to see if I had lost all my money again.

Although would be a nightmare if your bet was coming in and you couldn't check your cash out because you no signal.

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Or at least have the half time scores on a screen in the concourse, They had the premier league scores on but not championship, league 1, or league 2, I had to wait until I got back to the car to see if I had lost all my money again.

Although would be a nightmare if your bet was coming in and you couldn't check your cash out because you no signal.

Although I don't agree with how much betting advertising there is in sport. Given the amount of money they throw at sponsorship the fact that no marketing person has thought 'if we paid £300k and kitted a stadium out with state of the art wifi, we could get 20k new customers' is beyond me lollol 

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Data signal is poor 

Trying to cashout is a nightmare luckily it stayed at 2 nil.But It has cost us in the past

I think some online betting sites/apps restrict gambling in the vicinity grounds. Might be wrong however I’ve had issues getting on at some ground when I’ve had adequate signal.

Just now, AjcW said:

Although I don't agree with how much betting advertising there is in sport. Given the amount of money they throw at sponsorship the fact that no marketing person has thought 'if we paid £300k and kitted a stadium out with state of the art wifi, we could get 20k new customers' is beyond me lollol 

Genuinely think it'll be to do with the fans meeting saying they didn't want the 4G. But yeah why they haven't upgraded stuff like that is beyond me given how much people use their phones etc these days 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

http://foxestrust.co.uk/6469/lcfc-fans-consultative-committee-meeting-30-05-18-part-three 

Here we go, did some digging. They voted against having any 4G at the stadium. The "invaluable feedback" makes me think they won't bring this up or think of implementing it for a while.

I was actually quite annoyed about this when I read it, lots of people like using or checking things on 4G during games and struggle due to the lack of signal. 

What knob voted against that?

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Everyone i know who's on three gets a good signal plus they don't have to fanny about with addon packages when they go abroad, wherever they are. Think i'll go to them next. 

No one has to fanny about with add ons anymore mate a law has been passed :) it's included in your data now

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely think it'll be to do with the fans meeting saying they didn't want the 4G. But yeah why they haven't upgraded stuff like that is beyond me given how much people use their phones etc these days 

Jesus! Who the **** did they ask a bunch of gammon faces???

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

No one has to fanny about with add ons anymore mate a law has been passed :) it's included in your data now

Jesus! Who the **** did they ask a bunch of gammon faces???

If ya scroll up a tad I linked the meeting list from where they asked the people at the meeting. Quite frankly why they'd refuse is still completely mad to me

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't know how quick in play is but I suppose the main concern would be being able to bet on a game in front of yet, I might be wide of the mark here but im sure the wifi at the horse racing is slow too.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If ya scroll up a tad I linked the meeting list from where they asked the people at the meeting. Quite frankly why they'd refuse is still completely mad to me

Yeah just spotted that, I find the remark from the police interesting too, I've watched plenty of games before in smaller stadiums and get signal easy and the betting companies always seem to be instant on their suspensions when there's a free kick or penalty.... can't see how it would be that big an issue! 

Just now, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I don't know how quick in play is but I suppose the main concern would be being able to bet on a game in front of yet, I might be wide of the mark here but im sure the wifi at the horse racing is slow too.

Yeah fair enough just responded to that point above :) 

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Yeah just spotted that, I find the remark from the police interesting too, I've watched plenty of games before in smaller stadiums and get signal easy and the betting companies always seem to be instant on their suspensions when there's a free kick or penalty.... can't see how it would be that big an issue! 

Yeah am a bit bewildered by that comment. Surely the broadcasters reporting slower than people is a flaw in the system, so why 'punish' the majority for something like that? 

Would make sense to fit wifi or connection to keep odds up to date and remove issues like this?

It's the same whatever stadium you go to. I'm on EE and when we played at Wembley (Community Shield) I couldn't even get signal there :frantics:. What I do is go into my network settings and switch to 2G/3G as these networks are used less and less now with 4G and you can get a decent connection :celebrate:.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Everyone i know who's on three gets a good signal plus they don't have to fanny about with addon packages when they go abroad, wherever they are. Think i'll go to them next. 

I'm pretty happy with Three. I get unlimited calls etc and 12GB of data for £9/month. As you say, relatively simple when you go abroad - you can use your data there too.

Only problem I've had is when I moved house, the signal at the house was poor to non existent but they sent out a mini "box" which plugs in to the wifi and creates a "signal" for the phone to use.

Dealing with their call centre can be an ordeal however...

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

0/17? Excellent. 

• Like 1