Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Remember Kember

Fans Who Leave Games Early

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Think you'll find my walking out when Palace scored the fourth goal last season was anything but inexcusable. That performance was, and I wasn't spending any more time watching that rubbish.

You Sir are a disgrace! What if we had scored 5 goals in the last few minutes! :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

It is outwardly annoying especially watching it at home wishing you could be there and watching loads of people do one at about 75 minutes, but there are loads of reasons why people have to leave early. I personally don't mind it when I'm there, just wish I could buy a pint while I'm waiting to leave!

Really? A load at 85mins you mean. 

Like how people are citing extreme examples as if this is a dig at that. Even I left early against Palace, which is the first time I've ever done it.

But come on, hundreds and even thousands stream out when we're pushing for late equalisers/winners at home these days. Why do you bother coming?

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed the increasing trend of people getting to matches early sometimes as much as 15 minutes before kick off and staying after the final whistle.

Whilst it is understandable if we are winning say 3-0 ( but still inexcusable) these people are still doing when we are losing i.e. last Season.

I've seen some supporters arrive at 1.00pm and leave at 5.35pm!!!

No one stays at the cinema even when you don't know the ending so why do it at a football match.

It isn't even just at the Kingpower I noticed loads of full seats on TV on Sunday at Brighton despite the fact they were leading Man Utd 3-1. Unbelievable.

The other annoying aspect is that they quickly walk down the aisles like a player when he has scored a goal hence enhancing the view for those supporters who have chosen to leave to support their wives.

I'm certain some people wouldn't just be happy taking a photo as the teams come out to show they are at the ground and then leaving without watching the match at all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can't wait till they expand the stadium and a larger proportion of people start doing it:D

But I do like it when the fans next to me on the larger side leave early and I can stretch out a bit rather than being squashed into my brother 

Rumour has it the expansion to 48k is so we still have 32k in the ground at the end.

Perhaps they should re name one of the stands the early leavers stand. Then lump them all together.

Edited by sylofox
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Rumour has it the expansion to 48k is so we still have 32k in the ground at the end.

Perhaps they should re name one of the stands the early leavers stand. Then lump them all together.

or we funnel them in front of our goal when we're defending a lead, should throw the opposition of a bit 

It is annoying and unless a dreadful defeat is imminent it is poor manners. I know some people think they have the right to do as they please, and of course legally they do, but it’s rather ignorant unless you have an emergency.

If you regularly leave early you shouldn’t be surprised if people make comments at you. You’re spoiling their experience and being selfish as well as not helping your team. They shouldn’t be sbusive but people need to know it upsets a lot of fans.

• Like 1

Guilty as charged, I typically get out of my seat and head to the exit on the 82 min mark if Ive driven to the game so i can fly past upperton road before all hell breaks loose. But that’s only if it looks inevitable that we’ve wrapped the game up.

Edited by josh_baskin

I mean at the end of the day you're in a stadium of 30,000 plus people at home and many 40k plus away. People want to get their car, transport, train, beat the traffic etc. If 10,000 people have exited the game before the final whistle, there will probably be about 10,000 individual reasons as to why, and another 10,000 reasons as to why they 'bother coming.'

No one can or will ever explain the reasoning why so many people do it. I don't get the people who rush to be at the front of the queue to get out of the parking at the KP. Bizarre. But they do, and they always will.

You will literally never stop people from doing it, so I'm not sure why we get so het up about it every. single. season. Enjoy your own experience.

1 hour ago, Remember Kember said:

I noticed loads of empty seats on TV on Sunday at Brighton despite the fact they were leading Man Utd 3-1.

In all fairness it is atrocious to get out of Brighton on the train back to the city centre and it's what 90% of the ground do after the game. I personally wouldn't in that situation but you can definitely see why it's done. Generally unless you are getting away in a car near the ground we don't have too many issues getting away at Leicester.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Depends on circumstance, I leave at 88 at a typical game. You’d feel the back of my hand however should you challenge me on it sir! 

Bloody tourist....bet you wear a half and half as well...........................:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hang on, I'm just gonna search through my 6,000 post history to copy and paste what I've said before on this subject.

If you see a topic that you’ve seen many times before, and therefore doesn’t interest you, you can always just ignore it.  I can’t see the need to be nasty, 

• Like 1