Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

F1 2018

Anyone preordered or intending to buy F1 2018? Looks even more polished than 2017, a lot more interactive this time round too. 

Thought it best to just bump this thread instead of making a new one, considering the number of posts in here after a year  ? 

1 hour ago, stix said:

Anyone preordered or intending to buy F1 2018? Looks even more polished than 2017, a lot more interactive this time round too. 

Thought it best to just bump this thread instead of making a new one, considering the number of posts in here after a year  ? 

Yeah, looks really good, I like the improvements to career mode and hopefully the changes to online will make it so you don't get taken out of the race by trolls so often.

23 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Yeah, looks really good, I like the improvements to career mode and hopefully the changes to online will make it so you don't get taken out of the race by trolls so often.

I’ve still not played 17 online yet, definitely more career mode and GP mode orientated. I like the fact that your own decisions, in part, dictate your career path. £42 on shopto.net

1 hour ago, stix said:

I’ve still not played 17 online yet, definitely more career mode and GP mode orientated. I like the fact that your own decisions, in part, dictate your career path. £42 on shopto.net

Yeah same for me really, I find myself always doing random 25% grand prixs almost daily aha, really looking forward to seeing the more aggressive AI. cars that don't let you by with ease. Think its a similar price on HMV

Edited by Ian W LCFC

44 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Yeah same for me really, I find myself always doing random 25% grand prixs almost daily aha, really looking forward to seeing the more aggressive AI. cars that don't let you by with ease. Think its a similar price on HMV

I did 25% for the first couple of seasons in career mode, then switched it to 50% for the remaining 5 seasons that I’ve completed so far. 50% is abit of a mission but it’s more of a realistic comparison to real F1 imo. More pit stops, tyre wear etc

I've loved F1 2017, agree with stix that it is the best F1 game I've ever played. I've pretty much played it every week since release, looking forward to the next edition.

Edited by Amin

Mine has just arrived. Got the mrs to start the install. Managed to talk her through it via FaceTime without a) getting into a massive argument or b) smashing my phone on the floor in a rage. 

Result

7 hours ago, stix said:

Mine has just arrived. Got the mrs to start the install. Managed to talk her through it via FaceTime without a) getting into a massive argument or b) smashing my phone on the floor in a rage. 

Result

Whats your verdict so far? Hopefully going to pick up my copy tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Whats your verdict so far? Hopefully going to pick up my copy tomorrow. 

I’ve  not had a chance to even look at it mate. Hopefully over the weekend I can have a good blast on it. The videos on YouTube I’ve watched the last few days give me high hopes though. 

9 hours ago, stix said:

Result

HMV despatched mine on Wednesday so I'm hoping it arrives in good time tomorrow.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

AI is improved, feels more challenging this year and they're more aggressive. Enjoying the game so far, i'm not sure about these interviews though. They're a bit garb and I've got to rush to answer them

Agreed, and regarding the interviews I've got no idea why they give you so little time. Another 10 secs to answer would be perfect.

This game is by a distance the best they’ve released. And it’s all down to the improved AI. Previously on a track like Bahrain you could easily stick to the inside going into turn 1 and pass like 15 cars without trouble. That’s not possible anymore. You really have to choose when you overtake. 

It’s just a joy to race. I did Canada last night in my career and I had an early pit stop because the rear wing was stuck (that’s new I believe!). Just as I stopped, an SC came out and I advanced to 3rd from 11th. Managed to fend off the field and create a massive Trulli train and then on the last lap Hamilton and Vettel took each other out and I won the race in the Williams. 

That genuinely got my adrenaline going and I ended up fast-forwarding the replay to the last lap to get the Hamilton/Vettel collision. As others have mentioned, the media bit seems a bit weak, but the gameplay itself is fantastic. 

• Like 2

Started a career mode at Williams, 85 difficulty at the minute. Only done the Australian GP, qualified 13th & finished 13th too. Will put the difficulty up abit more for Bahrain as that’s not really realistic. 

Had to mess around with the camera angles a fair bit for the TV Pod view, I like to be able to see as much of the front wing as I can, and the halo completely blocks it out on the default camera settings. Tried the cockpit view in GP mode, with the centre piece of the halo there it’s near impossible to see, as you can’t really look past it, or ‘ignore’ as there’s no depth of view, obviously because you’re playing it on a flat 2D screen. Removing the centre piece is ok though, although it’s hectic at the start of a race with so many cars around you. 

Im impressed overall so far. 

2 hours ago, stix said:

Started a career mode at Williams, 85 difficulty at the minute. Only done the Australian GP, qualified 13th & finished 13th too. Will put the difficulty up abit more for Bahrain as that’s not really realistic. 

Had to mess around with the camera angles a fair bit for the TV Pod view, I like to be able to see as much of the front wing as I can, and the halo completely blocks it out on the default camera settings. Tried the cockpit view in GP mode, with the centre piece of the halo there it’s near impossible to see, as you can’t really look past it, or ‘ignore’ as there’s no depth of view, obviously because you’re playing it on a flat 2D screen. Removing the centre piece is ok though, although it’s hectic at the start of a race with so many cars around you. 

Im impressed overall so far. 

You can remove the center pillar on the halo in the settings, and adjust the camera so you can see the mirrors. took some fiddling but i have it looking ok now. I started a Sauber Career. Finiishd 9th after qualiifying 6th at Bahrain..... maybe 75 isnt high enough, but i had a hard time at Melbourne, finishing dead last and unable to catch cars

34 minutes ago, Beliall said:

You can remove the center pillar on the halo in the settings, and adjust the camera so you can see the mirrors. took some fiddling but i have it looking ok now. I started a Sauber Career. Finiishd 9th after qualiifying 6th at Bahrain..... maybe 75 isnt high enough, but i had a hard time at Melbourne, finishing dead last and unable to catch cars

Yes mate I’ve sorted it now. Are you playing cockpit view? It’s too hectic for me atm in that view!! 

41 minutes ago, stix said:

Yes mate I’ve sorted it now. Are you playing cockpit view? It’s too hectic for me atm in that view!! 

Cockpit view always for me,Best view with a wheel set up except Gran turismo where bumper cam reigns supreme. once you get the view right so you can see the mirrors  and raise it a bit to further up the track,, its really good. ill post a screen of my settings later when i load up

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Cockpit view always for me,Best view with a wheel set up except Gran turismo where bumper cam reigns supreme. once you get the view right so you can see the mirrors  and raise it a bit to further up the track,, its really good. ill post a screen of my settings later when i load up

Ah ok, I play on the pad, I can see the benefits of cockpit cam with a wheel setup. 

Are you playing it on Mixer today?