Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

F1 2018

I’ve played a few hours of this and I’m liking it so far. It feels like an evolution of F1 2017, which is great because I felt like they really nailed that game. It’s been nice to start a new career mode, as I stuck with the same one in F1 2017 and ended up in a heavily upgraded Ferrari. The 2018 Williams couldn’t be more different!

Instead of starting a career as myself, which I have pretty much done in every F1 career mode back to 2005, I decided to role play as Robert Kubica in an alternative universe where he got the nod over Sirotkin. Playing on 102% AI, I managed 18th at Australia and 11th at Bahrain, although the result at Bahrain was heavily influenced by some dumb AI issues. I’m finding it harder to keep up in the races compared to qualifying, I can usually just scrape out of Q1 but in the races I’m equal slowest with Stroll and Ericsson. It’s a fun challenge though.

I feel like this game is slightly more immersive than the previous one, which I put down to the toned down, more realistic graphics as well as the sound effects from the kerbs and the cars scraping along the ground at high speeds. The one negative I would put against the game is the dumb media and personality options in the career mode. They are pointless and don’t make any sense. After both races the interviewer asked me if I was disappointed with my penalty, which never happened. Also, how on earth did they decide each teams personality? Apparently Mercedes like corporate professionals yet they employ the biggest showman in F1! I’m going to try and ignore it and hope it doesn’t stop me from doing what I want later on down the line.

• 2 weeks later...