Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2018/19

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s a pre requisite to be named in the squad .......’

adrien was already on the way out and Ricardo was second choice behind Cedric. Now cancelo has leapfrogged both 

Ricardo has always been called up a right back, but he's playing on the wing atm. The manager may be feels he can't call him as a right back for that reason, and he's not good enough on the wing compared to others.

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ricardo has always been called up a right back, but he's playing on the wing atm. The manager may be feels he can't call him as a right back for that reason, and he's not good enough on the wing compared to others.

Yes he had in the past but my point was that he was already behind Cedric so with cancelo now preferred to Cedric, Ricardo is option three anyway and therefore not in the squad.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes he had in the past but my point was that he was already behind Cedric so with cancelo now preferred to Cedric, Ricardo is option three anyway and therefore not in the squad.

Well he's not behind either if he's not being considered a right back atm.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Amartey plays CB for Ghana ..... Portugal would still consider Ricardo an attacking RB, irrelevant of where we are playing him ......

How do you know? It's a different manager picking the squads. Just because one manager is happy to pick a player and play him in a different position to what he play each week doesn't mean others will. Some managers will happily pick a player who isn't playing for their club, others insist on you starting each week. Every manager is different.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There is also Nelson Semedo at Barcelona

14 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Anyone seen any highlights of the game? Would be great to see how he got on.

Wouldn't waste your time pal.  In the words of Wesley Schawzenegger 'I'll be back'  .......................(after my suspension)

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

How do you know? It's a different manager picking the squads. Just because one manager is happy to pick a player and play him in a different position to what he play each week doesn't mean others will. Some managers will happily pick a player who isn't playing for their club, others insist on you starting each week. Every manager is different.

Confused ... Santos has been the manager for four years now.  You think if he had injuries he wouldn’t trust Ricardo at right back when he’s played there for years (for him too) ??????

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Confused ... Santos has been the manager for four years now.  You think if he had injuries he wouldn’t trust Ricardo at right back when he’s played there for years (for him too) ??????

Who mentioned injuries? He's named his two best players at right back as he currently sees it. I'm sure if need be he'd bring Ricardo in, but as far as I know their not in that situation atm. So as far as we know he's named his best players currently playing right back.

I'm not sure what the big panic is any way if he's lost his place, it'll only make him strive to win it back which is good for us.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Moving here really has ****ed his career.

Not really. Silva was already on his way out of the Portugal team before moving here. If anything his declining standard of play has ****ed his international career. As for his career he's never earned so much money and never done so little for his salary.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not really. Silva was already on his way out of the Portugal team before moving here. If anything his declining standard of play has ****ed his international career. As for his career he's never earned so much money and never done so little for his salary.

????? Why didn’t you tell us that before he signed.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, FIF said:

Hope George Thomas gets a game.

It's been a tough season for him so far at Scunthorpe, can't really understand how he's struggled so much. Got to be the club as a whole rather than him individually as it's food and drink to him at that level.

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's been a tough season for him so far at Scunthorpe, can't really understand how he's struggled so much. Got to be the club as a whole rather than him individually as it's food and drink to him at that level.

Ngl, the couple times I've seen him he's looked guff. I don't understand the expectation at all. Would love him to do well but he's miles and miles behind our other prospects his age. 

He'll never kick a ball for us in the Prem. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ngl, the couple times I've seen him he's looked guff. I don't understand the expectation at all. Would love him to do well but he's miles and miles behind our other prospects his age. 

He'll never kick a ball for us in the Prem. 

Seems that way, he was mustard last season but so he should be after a full season in league one and then going to a confident U23 side. Food and drink.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seems that way, he was mustard last season but so he should be after a full season in league one and then going to a confident U23 side. Food and drink.

A full season in league one to U23 football doesn't help anyones career, apart from Beagleholes.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

A full season in league one to U23 football doesn't help anyones career, apart from Beagleholes.

Hamza improved a lot during the season he captained the u23s. It can sometimes work. But a loan would be better in most cases.

• 4 weeks later...

Leicester City duo Demarai Gray and Harvey Barnes named in England Under-21 squad
Gray is back in the England fold after missing the previous international break with an ankle problem - and returned to form with the winning goal at Cardiff last weekend

ByBarry Cooper
11:21, 9 NOV 2018

Demarai Gray is back in the England Under-21 squad, along with Leicester City teammate Harvey Barnes.

Gray missed both games against Andorra and Scotland last month through injury, while Barnes gets his second call-up after an impressive loan stint at Championship side West Brom which saw him called up for October's internationals.

England will play two friendly games, with trips to Italy and Denmark.

“It’s nice to have Demarai back with us because he’s done really well and the competition for places is fantastic now,” said head coach Aidy Boothroyd.

“We had Reiss (Nelson) joining us for the first time last month and Harvey Barnes has done a really good job too so I’m really pleased that we’ve got two players who have come up and shown us they mean business.

“It’s great for the group because the standard is so high that it improves our training and everything else and you need that when you want to be successful - you need everybody fighting for a place.”

England have already qualified for Euro 2019.

"They’re two very good games for us this month, after we secured our qualification in October,” said Boothroyd.

“One of them is in Italy, where the Championship is taking place next summer and it will be a real test for us, but that’s what we want.

“We can work on things that we might not necessarily have done in the qualifying games, which will help us towards competing against the best teams in Europe next summer.

“Denmark are a good side and they switch up things tactically and have a certain style in the way they play the game and they regularly qualify for the big tournaments so that’ll be a tough one.

“We’re looking forward to both matches, after coming out of a tough group ourselves.”

Squad in full for games in Italy (Nov 15) and Denmark (Nov 20):

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Southampton), Dean Henderson (Sheffield United, loan from Manchester United), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Bristol City, loan from Chelsea), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Ezri Konsa (Brentford), Fikayo Tomori (Derby County, loan from Chelsea), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)

Midfielders: Harvey Barnes (West Bromwich Albion, loan from Leicester), Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Tom Davies (Everton), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Josh Onomah (Sheffield Wednesday, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, loan from Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, loan from Arsenal), Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, loan from Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, loan from Arsenal), Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

Like us on Facebook