Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lovejoy

PES 2019

Release day, will be giving it a whirl as always. Over recent years I've managed to persuade a few pals that this really isn't that bad, though I haven't played the demo, so no idea how this year's stacks up.

Anyone played it yet?

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Release day, will be giving it a whirl as always. Over recent years I've managed to persuade a few pals that this really isn't that bad, though I haven't played the demo, so no idea how this year's stacks up.

Anyone played it yet?

was temped

but some conflicting reviews on here

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2019/user-reviews

8 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I bought it in the hope it would win me back from the FIFA clutches but so far it hasn't. It's OK, but I really struggle to see why people rave about how much better the PES gameplay is :dunno: 

I'm the same as you on it right now. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

AI seems to score whenever they feel like doing so. 

MyClub was supposed to be completely overhauled, but other than that animation that got old real fast, it's pretty much the same.

I did pack 96 rated Neymar. Like a totw card, so it's way easier to build a decent team.

I'll keep on playing it, at least until Fifa 19 comes out.

• Like 1

So i decided to try myClub online. Got absolutely schooled lol 

I felt better when I looked at the guys games and saw he only plays the PES games so he had tactics and all the moves down. My strategy of getting to ball out wide to Beckham every single time was ineffective against him :claude:

On 03/09/2018 at 00:44, spacemunky said:

After some more time playing, I'm liking it a bit more.

I'm now lukewarm as opposed to cold. Playing a Master League with Leicester and Chilwell's OPR has already gone from 72 to 77 and it's not even October.

Also, might just me being rusty, but it seems more challenging this year. Last year was all about getting crosses in to the big man, this year tactics seem to play a  much bigger part, which is good.

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I know the commentary is embarrassing but has anyone found the volume level to be really low? It’s like they have made the fans really loud when you score etc which is fine but the commentators continue their same monotonous drivel at the same volume which really annoys me.

yeah I think it was the same last year. You can adjust in the settings, put all the other sounds a few notches down but leave commentary on the max.

4 hours ago, Bluefoxtim said:

yeah I think it was the same last year. You can adjust in the settings, put all the other sounds a few notches down but leave commentary on the max.

I’ve done that but it’s still shit. I scored a goal earlier and there’s was literally no sound ?

I’ve gone from quite enjoying the game to thinking there’s more bs involved than Fifa, shooting is an absolute lottery as the ball goes wherever it fancies, same can be said for passing and defending both shocking... The prices of contracts are extortionate and the cost for managers are a level above that!

I think the reason I quite enjoyed it at the beginning was because it was something different from Fifa but now all the competitions have been completed and I’m left playing the ranked league which again is bs as you gain points for the league for winning but lose the same amount of points losing which being a league baffles me (MyClub Rant)!!! 

All that being said Ive quite enjoyed playing the masters league as online/offline gameplay feels totally different

On 11/09/2018 at 23:52, dbtcity said:

I’ve gone from quite enjoying the game to thinking there’s more bs involved than Fifa, shooting is an absolute lottery as the ball goes wherever it fancies, same can be said for passing and defending both shocking... The prices of contracts are extortionate and the cost for managers are a level above that!

I think the reason I quite enjoyed it at the beginning was because it was something different from Fifa but now all the competitions have been completed and I’m left playing the ranked league which again is bs as you gain points for the league for winning but lose the same amount of points losing which being a league baffles me (MyClub Rant)!!! 

All that being said Ive quite enjoyed playing the masters league as online/offline gameplay feels totally different

I’ve not played this one online but it sounds very much like last year. I got addicted to playing it online but I can honestly say as a 32 year old man I shouldn’t have got as consistently angry as I did on that.

I’m enjoying the master league on this one. I go from winning 5 in a row and thinking I can’t possibly lose to losing the next 4 without scoring a goal which keeps me on my toes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve not played this one online but it sounds very much like last year. I got addicted to playing it online but I can honestly say as a 32 year old man I shouldn’t have got as consistently angry as I did on that.

I’m enjoying the master league on this one. I go from winning 5 in a row and thinking I can’t possibly lose to losing the next 4 without scoring a goal which keeps me on my toes.

Yea I have been enjoying the masters league it’s a nice casual non rage inducing mode lol 

Edited by dbtcity