Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

UEFA Nations League

Just now, AKCJ said:

As good as Wales have been, this is San Marino tier from Ireland.

It is, they've been awful. 

But credit to Giggs, we've waited a very long time as Wales fans for a manager will to both blood some young players AND let them off the leash to go and express themselves. 

We needed Toshack to do what he did and a lot of our lads owe him for their careers but he was tactically woeful. I'm liking Giggs brand of freedom that we've been playing with. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

As good as Wales have been, this is San Marino tier from Ireland.

I don't give O'Neill much longer, granted the pool of players he has to pick from is dire but I don't think he has much credit in the bank at all after the Danish embarrassment in Dublin.

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't give O'Neill much longer, granted the pool of players he has to pick from is dire but I don't think he has much credit in the bank at all after the Danish embarrassment in Dublin.

I don't know much about football participation in Ireland but I am curious to know if there's a correlation between kids playing rugby and football over the last generation.

They're getting stronger and stronger at rugby and from what I understand cricket and progressively worse at football. 

This is the worst Ireland team I've ever seen in my lifetime. 

Back before the ROG / BOD generation Ireland were ****ing terrible at rugby, I wonder if this is the BOD effect. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't know much about football participation in Ireland but I am curious to know if there's a correlation between kids playing rugby and football over the last generation.

They're getting stronger and stronger at rugby and from what I understand cricket and progressively worse at football. 

This is the worst Ireland team I've ever seen in my lifetime. 

Rugby lags way behind soccer, gaelic football and to a lesser extent hurling for numbers. 

The rugby team is still made up of players predominantly from private schools. Its not the game it is in Wales. 

Numbers have actually gone downhill rapidly in my hometown. We have 2 clubs within a 25 mile radius who joined together a few years ago at under 18. You would lose count of the number of soccer and GAA clubs in the same area. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Rugby lags way behind soccer, gaelic football and to a lesser extent hurling for numbers. 

The rugby team is still made up of players predominantly from private schools. Its not the game it is in Wales. 

Numbers have actually gone downhill rapidly in my hometown. We have 2 clubs within a 25 mile radius who joined together a few years ago at under 18. You would lose count of the number of soccer and GAA clubs in the same area. 

I would agree with this. 

There are some counties who pretty much focus on hurling or gaelic football for example which decreases the pool of players even further.

Rugby is a little more accessible now to Catholics in Northern Ireland and the non middle classes in the rest of Ireland than it was before but as you say, its still the 4th most popular sport. 

But yeah, Rep of Ireland's pool of players is pretty poor at present sadly.

• Thanks 1