Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC hub

Bournemouth v Leicester - Pre match thread

I hope Ghezzal keeps his place, which means one of Gray or Albrighton misses out and it'd be harsh on either of them as both have started the season well in patches. We don't need 3 defenders on the bench either, we've got quite versatile defenders so we only need 2 of Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs.

Vardy to come back with a bang, 2-1 Leicester Vardy brace

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 11:19, Foxxed said:

He's young and new to the Premier League. But he's far too good for the u23s. There's no way we'll loan him out after loaning out Benkovic. And if not against Bournemouth then against who? If he's fit and training well then I don't see why not.

City bought him to be a starter, he is here to play. Bournemouth is as good as anywhere to get started.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'll be very surprised if Soyuncu starts. Morgan has been faultless in all fairness.

I'm not slagging Wes but he has not been faultless at all. He has been decent for sure but Puel wants a ball playing CB and Wes really is not that at all. Wes & Evans are not going to get much playing time if Harry & The Turk stay healthy.

If Puel thinks Soyuncu is ready he has to start. Wes has been just about OK defensively but when he has the ball at his feet he slows us down horribly when we transition from defense to attack. We need another central defender who is comfortable in transition like Maguire. For Puels style to fully gel we need Soyuncu starting it as simple as that. It will also help Perriera at right back if Soyuncu’s mobility and comfort in possession is next to him. If it’s not Bournemouth it has to be Huddersfield at home where the new defensive era starts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Nothing but respect for Bournemouth. Their story- surviving relegation to the Conference by the skin of their teeth to Premier League in 6 years- is nothing short of remarkable, and for any of our fans to look down their noses at a smaller club punching above their weight after how we were dealt with by the media & neutrals surrounding our title win is massively short-sighted.

We're due a performance though- we always seem to have an off-day when we play them. Hopefully we can get the win, as we will have had a cracking start if we do.

Fair play to Bournemouth I think they are a terrific team and hope they stay up. We are due a big performance against them though I am thoroughly sick of them beating us. 

Craig Pawson will officiate this weekend’s home fixture with Leicester City at Vitality Stadium.

Last season, he officiated twice at Vitality Stadium, most notably the 2-1 win over Brighton & Hove Albion, the Cherries’ opening Premier League win of the 2017/18 campaign.

So far this campaign, the referee has taken charge of three top flight matches, handing out ten yellow cards and two red cards, as well as awarding one penalty.

Pawson has also taken charge of European fixtures, including a Champions League qualifier featuring Dynamo Kiev.

On Saturday, he will be assisted by Lee Betts and Ian Hussin, with Simon Hooper the fourth official.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/09/2018 at 13:41, leicesterlad1989 said:

The only way Ricardo will get up to speed with Premier League football and eradicate mistakes is by playing. Benching him literally makes no sense what so ever. I've been impressed with him if I'm honest. He's the attacking RB that we have all been wanting and for what Puel wants his fullbacks to do, there will inevitably be mistakes. If a solid defensive RB is what you want then we should go back to Simpson and in a similar way, stick with Morgan at CB.

Plus Amartey looks like he's going to do something stupid whenever he plays.

Agree...

And IMO. where this forum,let's itself down,too many counting and seemingly looking for errors and individual  mistakes of players.

all players will make mistakes,and have slip ups,trying to use those moments to hang them with,is downright silly,and lacks any

football understanding.   For any footballer,despite going out and showing their skills and commanding their chosen position,they

know that they have to balance out those errors ,that will always be there....

New players,or like Amartey the ones through the PL,who after a few seasons,are still trying to get decent runs in their relevant clubs.

Will have hiccups,but what's important,is not the errors,but do they have the skill-set, style and playing character to find consistent higher

Quality performances,despite those everyman mistakes....local examples...Vardy,Chilwell, Drinkwater,Huth,and a few more.

Too many posters on this forum,are too quick on the trigger,and use incorrect points to analyse players potential as future PL players..

Error-mistake watch ain't the right way.

6 hours ago, Tanya said:

Fair play to Bournemouth I think they are a terrific team and hope they stay up. We are due a big performance against them though I am thoroughly sick of them beating us. 

My thoughts exactly. We owe them a drubbing, and I hope that we'll deliver one on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Disgusting the amount of people that 'don't mind Bournemouth' **** them off, AFC Waitrose with their petrochemical billionaire Russian owner and Love Island defensive pairing. They had a kit in the premier league made by JD sports, JD ****ing sports. Eurrgh.

Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really think.