Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
irishfoxkev

Will Vardy’s Record be equaled or broken

As we welcome a return of Premier League action just wondering what people’s views are on whether Jamie’s record of 11 goals in 11 consecutive premier league games will be threatened this season.....Plenty of potential candidates playing for good teams such as Salah ,Aguero,Sterling, Kane Lukaku etc....

What  odds on the man himself coming back from suspension really fired up, totally committed to Leicester, bagging a brace on Saturday  as a start to a run that equals or betters his own record.....Wouldn’t that be sweet to show the Spurs dominated England squad what they’re missing ??

Salah or Aguero could break it from the current Prem teams, just because of the number of chances both teams create most games. However, Vardy's record is something really special, where he had to take most of the chances that were presented to him in that 11 game run.

I doubt it will. As livid says the record of 12 is still standing after 86 years. When Van Nistelrooy set the premier league record of 10 it was over two season, he had a summer break in the middle. Vardy needed a couple of games where a penalty got him the goal he needed. I just don't think a player can consistently score that regularly without a tiny bit of luck along the way. A few players have reached 8 games over the years, so I think players will get close, but nobody will reach 12.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Still annoyed he missed that one-on-one vs Swansea. 12 was right there and he fluffed it.

At the same time I was pleased he was unselfish and played Ryiad in for his hatrick. Showed what team ethic we had in that season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Still annoyed he missed that one-on-one vs Swansea. 12 was right there and he fluffed it.

It wasn't to be and eleven was the number. We walked all over Swansea that day, also had a goal which was miles offside allowed after Mahrez could've handled his first of that hattrick.

On Vardy's record though - it's a huge thing, all of the top strikers & stratospherically good players of the Premier League era haven't been able to do what Vards has, Ruud was an absolute beast when he got his 10th and we've seen Torres, Drogba, Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney just to pick a few who haven't been able to match Ruud let alone go one extra. Not to say it's impossible; things happen, but hopefully the magnitude of Vardy's achievement is proven by time, standing up to spirited challenges and lasting a good time longer with no fear concerning it, if anyone gets it they've earned the record and deserve the mantle, Leicester City player or not.

38 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It wasn't to be and eleven was the number. We walked all over Swansea that day, also had a goal which was miles offside allowed after Mahrez could've handled his first of that hattrick.

On Vardy's record though - it's a huge thing, all of the top strikers & stratospherically good players of the Premier League era haven't been able to do what Vards has, Ruud was an absolute beast when he got his 10th and we've seen Torres, Drogba, Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney just to pick a few who haven't been able to match Ruud let alone go one extra. Not to say it's impossible; things happen, but hopefully the magnitude of Vardy's achievement is proven by time, standing up to spirited challenges and lasting a good time longer with no fear concerning it, if anyone gets it they've earned the record and deserve the mantle, Leicester City player or not.

100% this!!!

Based on how many world class players have failed to do it.  the chances are very slim.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

At the same time I was pleased he was unselfish and played Ryiad in for his hatrick. Showed what team ethic we had in that season.

You're thinking of a different thing. He was put clean through on goal in the first half and shot straight at the keeper. Yes was good of him not to shoot and lay it on for the 3rd as well though.

As Ruud Van Nistelrooy said himself records are there to be broken, but I can't see anyone doing it any time soon. it was such an unbelievable feat to achieve that it will take some doing!. whoever does break it will definitely have deserved it as it is such a hard thing to do.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

You're thinking of a different thing. He was put clean through on goal in the first half and shot straight at the keeper. Yes was good of him not to shoot and lay it on for the 3rd as well though.

I know they are 2 different things. But was just praising his unselfishness when he could have gone for the personal glory again.

I think it will be broken in the next 10 years. When you have teams as dominant as Man City and Liverpool and scoring goals for fun. All they need is an easier run of fixtures and a striker in red hot form, and they could get very close. 

It really is such an incredible achievement though and even if it is broken, Vardy with Leicester City will always stand out as truly remarkable!